PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favorite thing about FFIV?

Wolf Kanno
04-14-2014, 07:00 AM
FFIV is a game that is beloved by many, a curiosity to others, and a snooze fest everyone else. What is the one thing that you don't like about this game?

For me, it would have to be the abysmal item drop rate. I mean if you want to get some of the game's better items or Rydia's extra summons, it is like an act of god to get them within a reasonable amount of time. I remember farming the Mindflayer summon in the Lodestone cavern in the DS version and I nearly gained 15 levels for my whole party just waiting for that stupid thing to drop. I only didn't bork the game cause Cecil was only one who got any benefit from it and even then equipment is actually much more important than other FF games.

Sephex
04-14-2014, 09:43 AM
I always felt the dark elf thing was kind of out of place and they could have done something else involving the main villains to move that part of the game along. Also makes the party seem naive to think they would get Rose back in exchange for the crystal. Golbez and his minions could nuke that cave in one mighty blow to get the crystal. Cecil and company have to know this. It should come as no shock that Golbez planned on flipping the party the bird the second that crystal was in his hands.

It would have been more interesting to have Toria know about the villains gathering the crystal, so they hid it in a cave instead. Through a series of events, have both the party and the villains find out where the crystal is at the same time. Both factions race towards the crystal, with Kain and some minions barley beating the party. As Kain is escaping, the party learns the location of the Tower of Zot and then the game goes on from there. Well, you would have to change Golbez to say something like he let loose all his minions to kill the party and to "See if you can get to Rosa!! HAHAHAHAHA!!"

I didn't mean for this to go on this long.

maybee
04-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Rosa choosing Cecil over Kain Highwind

Hmm

hot piece of blonde dragooner ass VS that black knight thing that transforms into something more womanly than Aerith

No wonder Kain went mad :colbert:

Sephex
04-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Rosa choosing Cecil over Kain Highwind

Hmm

hot piece of blonde dragooner ass VS that black knight thing that transforms into something more womanly than Aerith

No wonder Kain went mad :colbert:

Constant brooding does little in the ways of attracting a woman.

VeloZer0
04-14-2014, 02:00 PM
The cop-out 'everyone is alive after all' ending.

Pumpkin
04-14-2014, 02:32 PM
I haven't finished it but I loved using the twins and then they died or were turned to stone or whatever and I just

I haven't picked it up again :(

maybee
04-15-2014, 09:18 AM
Constant brooding does little in the ways of attracting a woman.

True, nobody likes a brooder unless you are Rinoa or Quistis :/

Colonel Angus
04-16-2014, 01:33 AM
People coming & going into the party. Got to watch out to whom you give good equipment.:(

maybee
04-16-2014, 09:14 AM
People coming & going into the party. Got to watch out to whom you give good equipment.:(

Did you give anything to Kain ? xD

Motdrafin
04-17-2014, 02:05 AM
I really don't like the Magnetic Cave. I really hated having to equip everyone with weaker equipment, making the whole dungeon frustrating. :eep:

NeoCracker
04-22-2014, 10:32 PM
The cop-out 'everyone is alive after all' ending.

Everyone except Tellah.

Anyways, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT DAMNED CRYSTAL THAT YOU USE TO BEAT ZEROMOUS!

I mean seriously, did I miss something? Why was this just sitting around?

metagloria
04-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Constant party turnover makes this one pretty rough. Everything else I can live with.

black orb
04-24-2014, 06:28 AM
I always felt the dark elf thing was kind of out of place
>>> What about Dr Wily.. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/FF4PSP_Barnabas-Z.gif

Sephex
04-24-2014, 06:57 AM
I always felt the dark elf thing was kind of out of place
>>> What about Dr Wily.. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/FF4PSP_Barnabas-Z.gif

That was goofy, but it does sort of make sense that there would be a corrupted science dude helping run a tower as large as the Tower of Babil. The mad scientist angle, and most of that fight I attribute to typical Japanese "let's throw some comedy in here for no reason" thing they do.

Colonel Angus
04-29-2014, 02:44 AM

Did you give anything to Kain ? xD
When I learned he would leave the party, I stripped him of his iron attire. I believe I might've saved it & used it when Cecil went through "the change".

Colonel Angus
04-29-2014, 02:47 AM
I always felt the dark elf thing was kind of out of place and they could have done something else involving the main villains to move that part of the game along.
I think they just did that as an homage to Astos. I swear, if nobody ever heard of the Japanese/real FFII & FFIII, this game could've been a direct sequal to FFI. From having Cecil get the "upgrade" job @ "Mt. Ordeals" to the Astos reference they borrowed a lot from it.

Sephex
04-29-2014, 05:16 AM
I always felt the dark elf thing was kind of out of place and they could have done something else involving the main villains to move that part of the game along.
I think they just did that as an homage to Astos. I swear, if nobody ever heard of the Japanese/real FFII & FFIII, this game could've been a direct sequal to FFI. From having Cecil get the "upgrade" job @ "Mt. Ordeals" to the Astos reference they borrowed a lot from it.

I caught that it was probably a nod to that, and when this game was new I can see why they would do that. I just think that part hasn't aged too well.