PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man

Ayen
04-15-2014, 02:47 AM
Spider-Man is awesome and this board was missing a Spider-Man thread so I'm fixing that problem right now.

Spider-Man is my favorite superhero. I was introduced to him through the old cartoon show that used to be on TV and I read many of the comic books. I still have a bunch of them stacked up in my house. I also played the video games and seen all the movies. Some of my favorite Spider-Man comics is the Maximum Clonage Saga with the Jackal and all the different clones of Spider-Man. I also really like Ben Riley as a character and the Scarlet Spider costume, which is the costume I always choose when it's available as an alternate in the games.

Spider-Man also has one of the best villain libraries. Doc Ock, Scorpion, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Sand Man, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio, Kingpin, Rhino, Shocker, The Vulture, Electro, The Beetle, Morpheus, The Lizard, I could go on and on and on there's just so many of them.

Talk about all things Spider-Man here! Who's looking forward to the next Amazing Spider-Man movie coming out in May? I'm excited to see Electro and Rhino debut on the silver screen. Looks like Green Goblin is coming back for the reboot, too.

Mercen-X
04-15-2014, 03:08 AM
pajamas made of spider-web spandex... *shudders* a hero can be a nerd but shouldn't act like a nerd.

I'm not saying I don't watch the movies or read the comics (I don't read the comics).

Night Fury
04-15-2014, 04:07 AM
I'm going to see Amazing Spideyman 2 this weekend! Treating the boy to the cinema! I'm really excited actually, it's had some decent reviews and I did quite enjoy the first one! Emma Stone :heart:

Ayen
04-15-2014, 04:19 AM
I'm going to see Amazing Spideyman 2 this weekend! Treating the boy to the cinema! I'm really excited actually, it's had some decent reviews and I did quite enjoy the first one! Emma Stone :heart:

Yes, she made a wonderful Gwen Stacy and I'm glad the new movies didn't skim over her in favor of Mary Jane this time around.

Night Fury
04-15-2014, 04:29 AM
I 1 million times prefer her to Kirsten Dunst's irritating Mary Jane, and I love that she is a bit tougher and doesn't just fall into love interest, but that she's a heroine herself too and gets involved.

Also she is gorgeous.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7c829b23906adfae03e2e4baf262cc07/tumblr_mjymw8TfOJ1s2a5qgo1_500.gif

Ayen
04-15-2014, 05:06 AM
Yeah...

It's really going to suck when D-Day happens.

Colonel Angus
05-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Instead of creating a thread for the movie, I'll just bump this.

I thought the new one was pretty good. What they did w/ Electro was pretty cool, I couldn't imagine a live action version that looked like the comic character.

Some say they tried to do too much in this movie, but I disagree. They introduced a few characters, who didn't have much to do in this one (Felicia & Alistair Smythe), but who I'm hopeful will play bigger parts in the next one.

One setback, for me, is that the Green Goblin will be helming the Sinister Six. I'm old school, I guess. I would prefer Doc Ock be the leader.

Oh, & the Green Goblin looks like a Garbage Pail Kids reject.

Ayen
05-06-2014, 01:32 AM
I read the movie already made 94 million dollars on opening weekend, and that's just counting the numbers in America. It already beat out Captain America in term of profit. That's crazy.

Oh, & the Green Goblin looks like a Garbage Pail Kids reject.

That's a disturbing thought.

Del Murder
05-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Spider-Man is also my favorite superhero. What I like about him is that his life as Peter Parker is just as important as his life as Spidey and in addition to fighting villains much stronger than him on a weekly basis he also has to deal with homework, paying the bills, and romance. He's a much more relatable character than most heroes.

I thought the first two Spider-Man movies were fine. The third was terrible of course but I'm not really sure why they rebooted it so soon. I guess all those millions is the reason why. I didn't even go see Amazing Spider-Man in the theater and when I watched it later I thought it was ok, but no better than the one from 10 years prior. This new one might be a little better because you don't have to deal with the origin story but from what I've seen so far I don't like the direction they are going wsith Green Goblin which is my favorite Spidey villain.

Emma Stone is tons better than Kirsten Dunst and the Martin Sheen/Sally Field duo demands respect but that's about the only thing that stands out for me in this reboot. Lizard was a terrible villain in ASM1. Jamie Fox as Electro does intrigue me though.

Pike
05-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Spidey is tied with Iron Man as my fave and I love the fact that he both a.) is a giant nerd and b.) doesn't have a whole lot of money. I can really relate with him on that level. He is also laugh-out-loud hilarious in a lot of his comics, which I love.

I have a special spot in my heart for the original Spider-Man trilogy, regardless of the issues. The first one established that he was graduated high school the same year I was graduating high school, and feeling like I was as old as Spider-Man was really neat to me. It's a small, silly thing, but what can I say?

(It also arrived on the scene a few months after 9/11 so the parting shot of Spidey on the American flag in New York had a lot of special significance at the time.)

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Spidey is tied with Iron Man as my fave and I love the fact that he both a.) is a giant nerd and b.) doesn't have a whole lot of money. I can really relate with him on that level. He is also laugh-out-loud hilarious in a lot of his comics, which I love.

Spider Man is probably my favorite Marvel Comic after X-Men and I must say the 90s Animated Series did a large part of getting me to really love the wall crawler and get into his character and stories. In some ways, he's kind of Marvel's answer to Batman, yes Spidey has powers but most of his villains make him look relatively normal and often Spidey has to outwit his enemy instead of just brute force them down like other heroes.

I didn't mind the first two Spider-Man movies but I was displeased with some changes and felt Tobi and the writers focused way too much on his angst side despite the fact Peter Parker has always been a hero who is conflicted about being Spider-Man because he does hate how it eats into his social life and causes major problems for him, but he also loves it. I never saw that in the original trilogy so I am happier that Garfield's Spidey is closer to his actual character in the book. I also hated Kristen Dunst as Mary Jane Watson and much prefer Emma Stone's Gwen Stacey. The third Spider Man movie was awful and I felt the series had moved Peter and Mary's characters too far away from their source material to continue on so I was actually grateful for the reboot.

I'll agree with Del that Lizard isn't exactly my fave villain from his mythos but I also wasn't happy about how quickly the first movies introduced Green Goblin who is a character I feel needs a bit more of an established intro. I still need to watch the new film, I keep hearing mixed things about it but then again I heard the same with the first movie and found it vastly better than the previous trilogy so maybe I'll get lucky and love this one too.

Ayen
05-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah, The Lizard isn't exactly the kind of villain to hold a movie. I think he would have been better as a secondary villain. He was great in the cartoon, but a cartoon is different and is only a half an hour. Which is really all the time you need for The Lizard.

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2014, 10:49 PM
If they had built up more of their friendship it might have worked to make the conflict better but I agree he's better as a secondary villain.

Ayen
05-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Has anyone else heard about Sony wanting to do a Venom and Sinister Six movie? I don't know how either work without Spider-Man to bounce off of, but I do know Venom had some solo stories in the past.

Colonel Angus
05-07-2014, 11:29 PM
I hope they get someone w/ a manly built to play Venom instead of a manchild like Chris Grace. Eddie Brock was buff & Venom was a beast, so having him play the role was odd.

Ayen
05-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 today. I thought it was good. I liked how they characterized everyone. They did a good job making Electro a tragic villain and I liked Harry's plot.

Oscorp employees aren't too bright, though.

Colonel Angus
05-10-2014, 01:01 AM
I'm really hoping they let Felicia be the Black Cat in the next one. She'll help Peter get over Gwen fast.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-10-2014, 06:14 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137152/3649359-6945509564-peter.gif

Shorty
05-10-2014, 06:56 PM
25 Spider-Man Villains Who Should be in the Movies (http://www.denofgeek.us/books-comics/spider-man/235438/25-spider-man-villains-who-should-be-in-the-movies)

Ayen
05-10-2014, 07:13 PM
25 Spider-Man Villains Who Should be in the Movies (http://www.denofgeek.us/books-comics/spider-man/235438/25-spider-man-villains-who-should-be-in-the-movies)

I really only agree with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 13, 14, 16, and 19. I don't care about the others too much. Maybe 7. I was just thinking they could do the Clone Saga at a later point, and while I may be in the minority I wouldn't mind it including the Scarlet Spider and Kaine.

Colonel Angus
05-11-2014, 05:02 AM
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, 14, 17, 19, 20, 22