PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2014, 05:21 AM
So I'm suppose to be working on a 10-15 page research paper for one of my classes, instead:

f5BZmsT9Qt0

When was the last time you procrastinated doing something important?

Ayen
04-15-2014, 05:26 AM
Just this past week I was posting on here and browsing the internet when I should have been working on my review.

That's every week, though.

Freya
04-15-2014, 05:33 AM
I procrastinate on writing related things. Editing, writing, reviewing, whatever. It just takes so much time to just sit and work on something, I can't multi-task when I do it so it frustrates me to not wanting to do it. Most anytime you see an article out of me is because I have to force procrastination away.

I don't have much time after work to do much due to my schedule so I avoid doing things like the plague. Which is why everything gets done at the last minute when I force myself to do something.

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2014, 05:43 AM
I hate writing abstracts... 52948

blackmage_nuke
04-15-2014, 05:54 AM
Right this moment I have a presentation to prepare in 18 hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P785j15Tzk

Sephex
04-15-2014, 06:25 AM
Usually at work if I am given a task that isn't too time sensitive I'll procrastinate a bit not to be a jerk or take advantage of a situation, but I find it helps clear my head and perform what I am asked even better.

For more personal stuff? Yeah, I suck. I have a YouTube channel that has a lot of silly short edited vids and other assorted stuff that has been piling up for the past few years. I want to do something more expansive, but my lack of confidence, lack of time, and general procrastination usually makes me forget about it all the time.

Miss Mae
04-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Right now; I am responding to this instead of writing my textual analysis.

Jiro
04-15-2014, 10:24 AM
The great thing about my field(s) is that everything counts as research. :jiro:

Shorty
04-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Perhaps my worst quality. I have actively been trying to improve lately.

Quindiana Jones
04-15-2014, 12:40 PM
No, you have far worse qualities. :tongue:

Shorty
04-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Do go on. :greenie:

Ayen
04-15-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm procrastinating playing StarCraft II. Vivi and Pike will not be pleased.

Wolf Kanno
04-16-2014, 12:51 AM
I have six more hours to get this paper done... 52971

Pike
04-16-2014, 12:55 AM
Ever since signing up for HabitRPG at the start of the year I've REALLY improved when it comes to not procrastinating. I know I have to get my list of things done in any given day or I won't get buffed the next day which means I won't get as much experience. Turning your life into an RPG is the best motivation ever.

I mean, I still procrastinate, but not nearly as much.

(I do spend entirely too much time at places like Buzzfeed and Cracked :redface:)

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-16-2014, 04:43 AM
I waited until today to get my taxes filed. Because, you know, reasons.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-16-2014, 04:48 AM
I procrastinated all the time in college. It got worse every year I was there to the point that I ended up doing my final assignment for student teaching the day before it was due (30,000 words or so written in one day, the morning of the assignment/presentation spent making my display board and preparing the book/presentation, and then giving the actual presentation over and over from 4pm til 6pm after not sleeping for something like 40 hours or so at that point if I remember right).

I have been procrastinating a bunch of writing projects lately thanks to my PS4 and working on other things in my life.

Wolf Kanno
04-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Paper done with 15 minutes to spare. What should I ignore doing next?

Miss Mae
04-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Currently procrastinating practicing my presentation for class. It's due in an hour and a half. Should probably practice it at least once before now and then. Probably.

Jiro
04-16-2014, 07:24 AM
Ever since signing up for HabitRPG at the start of the year I've REALLY improved when it comes to not procrastinating. I know I have to get my list of things done in any given day or I won't get buffed the next day which means I won't get as much experience. Turning your life into an RPG is the best motivation ever.

I mean, I still procrastinate, but not nearly as much.

(I do spend entirely too much time at places like Buzzfeed and Cracked :redface:)

this sounds like it could be a thing I could do

Ayen
04-16-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm posting on the forum when I should be going to bed.

Jiro
04-16-2014, 09:15 AM
update: HabitRPG helped me get like three things done already

Pike
04-16-2014, 10:23 AM
I waited until today to get my taxes filed. Because, you know, reasons.

I always do my taxes in Jan/Feb, because REFUND.

Drift
04-21-2014, 04:21 PM
everyday at work i'll be on imgur. It's pretty bad I should do something more productive with my time...

Dat Matt
04-21-2014, 05:19 PM
I am pretty good just now. I am day behind on my studying, which is better than normal.

It does happen a lot though, for example, I am awful at cleaning. I'll just keep putting stuff off until I HAVE to clean something or i'll go mad.

Leeza
04-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Pike, thank you for letting us know about HabitRPG. That just might be fun and add incentive. Of course I also just spent the last half hour playing with it instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing. :)

At the very least, I can set up a really good detailed to-do list in there. :cat:

noxious.sunshine
04-21-2014, 06:00 PM
I should be cleaning and having a shower.

Not happening just yet.

I'll wait until the last minute and then tweaker clean everything.

theundeadhero
04-21-2014, 08:08 PM
I have a 100 question take-home biology test not done yet and due in a few hours. I'm making this post.

Renmiri
04-21-2014, 11:42 PM
I'll answer this thread tomorrow, ok ?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Dang. I was getting really hyped about habitrpg after read this threads comments.

Then I looked it up and saw it's a phone app :(

I think i've procrastinated long enough when it comes to getting a phone that's not basic.

Jiro
04-22-2014, 01:39 AM
Dang. I was getting really hyped about habitrpg after read this threads comments.

I think i've procrastinated long enough when it comes to getting a phone that's not basic.

I'm using the browser version?

Miss Mae
04-22-2014, 01:44 AM

You can totally use it online - that's where I use it. I've found the phone app to be a bit of a pain on my iPhone anyway. Don't let your phone discourage you from trying it out because I find its to do lists really helpful.

Kalevala
04-23-2014, 06:46 AM
I've just started using it, as well. This is great! Feels sort of like Fitocracy.

Wolf Kanno
04-23-2014, 08:50 AM
0pMaqXPpuAo

Wolf Kanno
05-01-2014, 05:09 AM
Interesting, I still have a week and half left of school and finals week left and I am actually finished with all but one of my final projects. This could only mean one thing...

Z0GFRcFm-aY

Mercen-X
05-01-2014, 05:18 AM
This happens every time I miraculously pass a course. I end up goofing off for a whole week when I should have spent that week doing assignments... at least then I could spend the rest of the week goofing. I've always found I can't work at all unless I'm under severe pressure to finish quick.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-01-2014, 05:54 AM

You can totally use it online - that's where I use it. I've found the phone app to be a bit of a pain on my iPhone anyway. Don't let your phone discourage you from trying it out because I find its to do lists really helpful.

Ah, I see. I just didn't read the page clearly :shobon: