PDA

View Full Version : New Music Discoveries

Shiny
04-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Recently discovered a band called Phantogram which remind me a bit of Metric, but a better version imo. I had heard of few of their songs previously, but had no idea who they were until I had to watch a video from them today called Fall in Love; which is by the way a pretty cool video and song. I am now listening to their entire album Voices which came out a few months ago. So far I love every song on here so definitely purchasing. I like a few of their older songs as well. What are your new music discoveries ?

Ayen
04-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Egypt Central and The Pretty Reckless. I listened to songs from both in a playlist and started listening to more of their stuff and fell in love with them. I heard one of TPR songs a while back but didn't know who they were until recently, or that their lead singer was the little girl in the Grinch movie starring Jim Carey.

My favorite song of Egypt Central is White Rabbit and I like Make Me Wanna Die and Going To Hell for The Pretty Reckless.

Iceglow
04-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm currently listening to a Doom Metal band called "Eye Of Solitude" whilst far heavier than that which I tend to listen to these days, it's pretty gnarly and impressive. What made me decide to listen to them is I happen to work with the lead vocalist and he's actively looking to expand my tattoo in to a sleeve :D

noxious.sunshine
04-16-2014, 05:34 PM
omg I love The Pretty Reckless!!

Taylor Momsen was also Jenny Humphrey in Gossip Girl!

I love love love "Just Tonight", "Miss Nothing", & "You"... & a couple others.

Shorty
04-16-2014, 06:30 PM
The Young Electric! They were this troutty local screamo band in Utah I saw a couple of times close to a decade ago. They changed their name, did a 180 on their sound and image, and are pretty enjoyable now!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-17-2014, 06:08 AM
I heard that Osha the wildling from Game of Thrones was a singer & accordion player for a band, so I had to check them out. They're great. In this video they do a song for chat roulette:

pFA5KotmEiI

I also found a band called Tesseract. They have a progressive metal sound, which I like. This one song really shocked me. Saxophone interwoven with metal riffs. Check it out:

GZkkZrCnK8A

AssassinDX
04-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Tesseract are badass, didn't think Altered State was great but their debut One is pretty good.

I mentioned this in the 'last listened to' topic, I'm really getting into the blackgaze subgenre - for those unaware, it's effectively... beautiful black metal for want of a better description, stunning post-rock/shoegaze melodies mixed with black metal vocals and undertones. Bands I've heard recently include Lantlos, Heretoir and Entropia, all of which are incredible.

7wm18M9bbg8

Casey
04-19-2014, 07:09 AM
Really diggin' Nada Surf.

AdD8Emu-T64

7q_WHpcmwLg