PDA

View Full Version : Conception 2

NeoCracker
04-16-2014, 07:12 AM
"I am glad I have approval to make children with your sister".

Actual quote from the game. Oh god this is glorious.

Ayen
04-16-2014, 08:33 AM
What the smurf?

I must play this.

NeoCracker
04-16-2014, 09:24 AM
...This combat system is a lot deeper then I was expecting.

For those not in the know, Conception 2 is a game where you form bonds with woman, and through a totally scientific process create an army of super powered toddlers to fight off monster hordes.

The children that spawn are based off your connection with the girls and the girls you choose. (You can pick between different classes for super babies, based off their base stats.)

Super powered babies fight in groups of 3. Siblings of the same mother work well togetehr, as well as unique benefits for different class mixes.

Positioning is important for attacking weak spots, or potential bonus's for going into the enemies line of fire. Positioning units near each other also grants a chance for interrupting enemy attacks, or supporting your attacks.

There is a lot more to it, but damn. I was not expecting this.

Ayen
04-16-2014, 09:29 AM

I must play this game right now.

Old Manus
04-16-2014, 09:46 AM
Positioning is important for attacking weak spots:erm:

Skyblade
04-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Positioning is important for attacking weak spots:erm:

Positioning isn't usually an aspect of standard JRPGs. This game lets you choose which angle to attack enemies from, allowing flanking and attacks from the rear, without going all the way and being a full blown tactical RPG. It is a decent system, but I'm curious to see how it will play out.

The plot is just...glorious, as NeoCracker has already hinted at.

Ultima Shadow
04-16-2014, 12:46 PM
I think I mentioned the first game in your usernotes a long time ago, Neo. :p

The direct translation of the title for the first game was: "Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child".

At least the second has a more discrete title. :p

Haven't played it yet, but I'm actually kinda interested in this game. For the gameplay, obviously. :shifty:

Old Manus
04-16-2014, 12:49 PM
flanking and attacks from the rear:erm:

Skyblade
04-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Someone played Persona 3.

They decided that Minato being such a complete lady's man was kind of ridiculous.

Rather than get upset or offended, they decide that the best solution was to make everything about the game equally ridiculous and over-the-top. From the setting and plot, to the sci-fi weaponry and magical battle armor, to the new mechanics whereby Persona Fusion is replaced by making babies with your female party members.

From what I've played so far, that looks to be the conception of Conception.

black orb
04-17-2014, 03:40 AM
an army of super powered toddlers to fight off monster hordes.
>>> You got my attention. If i ever get a PS Vita, I will play this..:luca:

Skyblade
04-17-2014, 04:15 AM
an army of super powered toddlers to fight off monster hordes.
>>> You got my attention. If i ever get a PS Vita, I will play this..:luca:

It is on the 3DS as well.

black orb
04-17-2014, 04:22 AM
>>> I dont have a 3DS either, Im still loyal to Sony so I will get a Vita.
well, if I ever have the money of course..:luca:

Vyk
04-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Of course the person who seemed to most thoroughly enjoy the generation system in Agarest gets totally into this game xD I don't mind having dating sims in my JRPGs and whatnot, but a horde/brood mother sim might be pushing my boundaries. But it's so crazy, I'm glad this game exists. And glad Atlus is still doing their weird groove. Maybe I'll watch a Let's Play and be entertained

Skyblade
04-18-2014, 04:00 PM
Of course the person who seemed to most thoroughly enjoy the generation system in Agarest gets totally into this game xD I don't mind having dating sims in my JRPGs and whatnot, but a horde/brood mother sim might be pushing my boundaries. But it's so crazy, I'm glad this game exists. And glad Atlus is still doing their weird groove. Maybe I'll watch a Let's Play and be entertained

If this game took itself seriously at all, it would be horrible. But it doesn't. Instead you play as God's Gift [to women], and spend your time either flirting with your harem because it's your duty, or exploring dungeons with chibi children with guns and magic. This game shouldn't work, it should be unpalatable, or offensive even. But it just nails the silliness so well that everything just sort of works.

Bolivar
04-18-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm glad my hopes for a NeoCracker impressions thread were not disappointed :D

Did anyone get Demon Gaze? Between these and the Japan Studio announcements this week, 2014 is shipping up to be the year of the niche Vita JRPG.

NeoCracker
04-18-2014, 05:48 PM
I've got Demon Gaze Paid off already, and I have Tuesday off next week, so I'lll have some impressions for that up too. ;P

krissy
04-19-2014, 05:22 AM
when i saw this game on amazon i thought i was missing the concept
but now that i've read this thread i know i wasn't missing the concept

super babies huh

hahaha

If this game took itself seriously at all, it would be horrible. But it doesn't. Instead you play as God's Gift [to women], and spend your time either flirting with your harem because it's your duty, or exploring dungeons with chibi children with guns and magic. This game shouldn't work, it should be unpalatable, or offensive even. But it just nails the silliness so well that everything just sort of works.

man i sure hope this is how it goes
otherwise it totally sounds like a master race rpg sim/hentai game

Mercen-X
04-20-2014, 07:30 AM
This is actually pretty much the kind of game I've long awaited. I've really only ever read about generational games (Agarest is the only one I'm read on), and the one thing I wanted to see was a more realistic take on the differences between the developing children based on parentage. I mean in Agarest, the sons pretty much look exactly the same with the exception of some coloring (and in one case a set of wings). They also don't act any different and their storyline is completely unaffected (except in one case when you have a cousin). Conception may not be any different, but at least it offers greater diversity to the range of children your character can spawn.

Skyblade
04-20-2014, 04:16 PM
This is actually pretty much the kind of game I've long awaited. I've really only ever read about generational games (Agarest is the only one I'm read on), and the one thing I wanted to see was a more realistic take on the differences between the developing children based on parentage. I mean in Agarest, the sons pretty much look exactly the same with the exception of some coloring (and in one case a set of wings). They also don't act any different and their storyline is completely unaffected (except in one case when you have a cousin). Conception may not be any different, but at least it offers greater diversity to the range of children your character can spawn.

This is true. The Star Children have class choices dependent on the stats they have available at the time they spawn, which are directly related to the stats of the mother.

That said, it sounds like what you really want is to play Fire Emblem Awakening.

NeoCracker
04-20-2014, 06:32 PM
....Yeah, this is not a generations game like Agarest. That is not a game you should even be comparing this too.

You're churning out mutant toddlers like toothpicks and flinging them at enemies.

Dat Matt
04-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Another RPG that isn't available in EU yet. I hear it's supposed to be released here in Autumn, but nothing confirmed.

I'm still waiting for SMT IV.

Endless
04-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Another RPG that isn't available in EU yet. I hear it's supposed to be released here in Autumn, but nothing confirmed.

I'm still waiting for SMT IV.

Conception II is planned for May, digital only (https://www.facebook.com/AtlusUSA/posts/10152063519178339?stream_ref=10).

SMT IV on the other hand... you'll probably get FF XV before.

NeoCracker
04-21-2014, 12:59 AM
Oh god. XD

Classmanting man.

Classmanting.

No, that is not a misspelling. XD

Like, I don't want to spoil this for anybody, so I wont' go into detail. But oh god. XD

Edit: I really, really hope this leads to the potential ending I think it is.

Ultima Shadow
05-18-2014, 10:02 PM
...and now the full game is out in europe too and I've just got it. Classmating is... "interesting". :p

NeoCracker
05-18-2014, 10:05 PM
It doesn't lead to an ending with either of them, and it kind of saddens me. :(

Depression Moon
05-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Another RPG for the 3DS. Guess that means I won't be playing it.

Madame Adequate
05-18-2014, 10:41 PM
So hang on this game is literally about breeding an aryan harem and then incesting with your own daughters to breed even better daughter/granddaughters?

...... i'm aroused

NeoCracker
05-18-2014, 10:45 PM
...no. You only breed with the seven girls. No inbreeding amongst the children.

Skyblade
05-19-2014, 12:07 AM

It's also available on the Vita.

Mirage
05-19-2014, 12:39 AM
...no. You only breed with the seven girls. No inbreeding amongst the children.

Mr. Adequate is no longer aroused...

Raistlin
05-19-2014, 04:13 AM
Wtf is this game.

And why do I need to buy a Vita/3DS in order to play it.

So hang on this game is literally about breeding an aryan harem and then incesting with your own daughters to breed even better daughter/granddaughters?

...... i'm aroused

ITT we learn that MILF's biggest idol is Craster.

Ultima Shadow
05-20-2014, 10:43 PM
I love some of the replies you can pick during conversations in this game. Most of the time, you can either be a total weirdo or a complete asshole. Or both at the same time.

Depression Moon
05-20-2014, 11:35 PM

It's also available on the Vita.

Still won't be able to play it.