PDA

View Full Version : EoFF World Meetup and Live Ciddies! - London 2016

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shorty
04-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Hey guys. You know how whenever we have those "who would you want to meet from EoFF threads" and people always say that if they won the lottery, they would organize a meetup for everyone to come to?

Well, half of that is in the works to come to fruition. Sorry, though, nobody won the lottery (that I know of; if you have won any lotteries recently, please PM Loony BoB ASAP), but your friendly Garden Festival Committee is making a serious attempt to host the first ever Eyes on Final Fantasy World Meetup and Live Ciddies Event in 2016!

We realize this sounds like a lot. Of course traveling will be involved for many. Right now we are speculating on using the United Kingdom for our hosting grounds as is it is a nice middle-distance for both Americans, Europeans, and hopefully other folks from further away as well (I'm not sure how far away it is from Australians or New Zealanders, but I hope it isn't too inconvenient).

What we want to know is this. Would you be interested in attending a once in a lifetime event like this? The Ciddies would be the feature event here, obviously, and we are willing to bust our asses to make this happen. Live speech presentations, tangible awards given out, maybe like entertainment (I nominate Bubba and his band), we'd like to put food together for everyone coming depending on the budget. A night full of awesome!

So, EoFF, what do you think? Are you willing to save your pennies to come to something like this? Is 2016 too soon; would 2017 be better? Are you willing to donate to see this happen?

Important: Please take the survey here! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHIwMXpkTWlIN3JLc08xQ3FwcEZNdnc6MA

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Everything is very tentative right now as far as official dates or locations, so I hope none of you feel pressured to give a definitive answer at the moment.

If the concept sounds like a good idea to you, just consider saving up for it. That's all :)

Parker
04-16-2014, 11:13 PM
If it's in the UK then I will almost certainly be there :)

noxious.sunshine
04-16-2014, 11:13 PM
omg. It'll be like the Dundies.

Rantz and I will be in a cornee getting trashed and making out and stuff. Parker will be like Dwight. And uh. Yeah.

I approve.

Shauna
04-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Would be interested.

escobert
04-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Only if BoB takes bong hits with me.

Laddy
04-16-2014, 11:23 PM
This is amazingly tempting.

Ayen
04-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Interested, yes. But I couldn't tell you the likelihood of my being able to go especially if it's two years away and across the pond. A lot can happen in two years, a lot can happen in a month. I'm also terrified of heights, flying and boarding a plane.

Yeah, I probably won't be going.

Shorty
04-16-2014, 11:25 PM
We set it tentatively for 2016 to give people time to save money to come. Sure, no one knows where they're going to be in two years, but it's something you could work toward!

Endless
04-16-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm biased towards mainland Europe, but I've been to London before for a WoW guild meetup so it's not out of the question if it were there.

That said, regardless of the place, what really really helped is that a member near there centralized organizing the booking of the hotel and of the one fancy restaurant for a big dinner, so that everyone but locals was staying at the same place so it's easy to get group activities started/done.
Also start checking the 2016-2017 calendar for long weekends (Easter and the likes where banking holidays are common) because a 3 day weekend helps a lot getting this done.

Shorty
04-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Yeah, if we were to hold it at a hotel, I'm sure we could do a block of rooms. Thank you for the suggestions!

Madonna
04-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Am interested in attending, and in perhaps donating.

Dat Matt
04-16-2014, 11:30 PM
I think we'd be able to really do anywhere. This time I would book time off in advance and actually show people Drunk Matt. It's not something that happened in Edinburger, and you guys missed out. I'm a riot.

Jessweeee♪
04-16-2014, 11:36 PM
I would so love to! I don't know how likely I am to make it, but I think it would be a very fun opportunity and I hope I will be able to go c:

Pumpkin
04-16-2014, 11:41 PM
I would love to but there's no way I could afford it. I need to pay for my son's school and I want to plan a trip to Ottawa and if I have enough money I want to plan an Italy/France trip. I wish I had more money to throw around.

Could you guys do like a live show for those who can't make it so we aren't completely left out?

Shorty
04-16-2014, 11:44 PM
I am sure we would be able to do a live broadcast, absolutely.

Knox
04-16-2014, 11:45 PM
I'M USING EOFF

Pumpkin
04-16-2014, 11:46 PM
I am terrible at geography and measuring distances, but what are the chances if I manage to save up for that Italy/France trip that I'd be able to swing by the UK for this if I plan it around that time x)?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-16-2014, 11:47 PM
I would love to but there's no way I could afford it. I need to pay for my son's school and I want to plan a trip to Ottawa and if I have enough money I want to plan an Italy/France trip. I wish I had more money to throw around.

Could you guys do like a live show for those who can't make it so we aren't completely left out?

I'm sure between the lot of us someone has a camcorder.

That's a good idea!

Shorty
04-16-2014, 11:47 PM
I am terrible at geography and measuring distances, but what are the chances if I manage to save up for that Italy/France trip that I'd be able to swing by the UK for this if I plan it around that time x)?

Hopefully quite large! :D

Parker
04-16-2014, 11:48 PM
I recommend Rantz NOT be in charge of any live broadcast, if there is one.

Shorty
04-16-2014, 11:49 PM
But he was amazing at it at the Townses wedding!

Shauna
04-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Lol

EDIT: Butsrs, this will require a butt-tonne of planning, and I wouldn't like to see this spiral out into an uncontrollable hype-train but nothing ever comes of it. The sooner we come to an agreement on the host country, the sooner we can pick a town/city and actually price things. 2-3 years to save is great, but we need to know how much to save, any extra donations that are required for booking, etc.

I am probably getting ahead of myself here, but I like to go big picture.

Pumpkin
04-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Yeah checking prices there is very little chance I could make it for 2016, unless I get a decent paying job which I wouldn't count on.

Would be able to make it for a 2017 though, probably.

Oh well, a live broadcast would still be fun

Freya
04-16-2014, 11:56 PM
An event where I have to be around all YOU people? For like an hour right? I can do an hour with YOU people.

Also my passport expires the year after that so I should be good.

Denmark
the one streaming website that is only for streaming video games out of all the streaming websites out there

Shorty
Heck no, not just an hour! A full night! Food (maybe!), awards, entertainment, dancing!

The awards will be streaming and probably recorded, for good measure.

I know prices are expensive, but surely with two years it could happen!

Freya
04-16-2014, 11:59 PM
Can I drag my boyfriend? Are boyfriends invited? He's not interested in anything FF related...

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:01 AM
I don't see why not, kc!

We will probably require reasonably-priced buy-in tickets for people to secure their attendance and a meal.

I don't know why we couldn't just rent out a banquet room in a bar/restaurant and order our own foods and drinks. Or maybe we could all chip in for an open bar for the evening, and order our own food. Or catering. Like, you spoke of a Kickstarter, so these are options and things to consider.

A bar/restaurant may not be able to accommodate the numbers that I am hoping will attend. Hotel ballrooms are more roomy, often include catering, and usually have a bar on site. Plus with the awards, we will need to project and have a screen and media package and the like. Hotels are more accommodating for that as well.

Ayen
04-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Looking at the prices for a passport and airline tickets I find myself on the same boat as shion.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Well, you're like "maybe food" and I'm like "definitely food".

Have you seen our food forum? We're having food, god damn it.

Then we're definitely requiring buy-in tickets to pay for meals! I promise they'll be reasonable.

Wish you guys could come :( If you can't, that's okay. Everyone else start planning!

Shauna
04-17-2014, 12:07 AM
You're likely going to have to put money down to even just book a restaurant, depending on the numbers, and it could end up fairly pricey. We'd really need to evaluate our options thoroughly once we have concrete foundations.

Pike
04-17-2014, 12:11 AM
Very possibly too soon for myself and Hux. Visa/immigration stuff is happening sometime in 2015 and that is expensive. Wedding stuff is happening sometime in 2015/2016 and that is expensive (especially if we'll be toting Hux's folks out here). But who knows, maybe we'll strike it rich between now and then!

Edit: Also I don't think Hux is allowed to leave the US for some time while visa/immigration stuff goes through. Not 100% sure on that but it sounds familiar.

Shauna
04-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Ideas are great! I just think before we find ourselves bogged down with a millionty ideas, we should focus on the basics. xD We are a bunch of people who get caught up in the moment, I find. ;)

Pumpkin
04-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Well like I said, if I'm going to save up money and go on a trip, I'll be visiting the 2 countries I've wanted to visit since I was 8. Nothing against you guys, but either way would be a huge financial commitment. After looking at prices, it is feasible to travel from France to the UK fairly cheaply, but a 2 week trip, hotels, flights there and back, possibly a car rental, I'm looking at about $5k.

Saving up $80/month (which we could set aside if we needed to) for 25 months is $2k. I would loooove to be there for this, but if I went and I knew that where I have always dreamed of going is so very close and I missed it, I would feel sad that I spent 2000 when that 2000 would have brought me that much closer. And considering where my life is going, I don't know when I'll have a chance to save up that money again.

What I'm hoping is I get a decent job and we can put aside more and maybe be able to afford it, but it just doesn't seem feasible right now, unfortunately. :/

Parker
04-17-2014, 12:16 AM
can't we just do it in some dude's garden and order takeout

Madame Adequate
04-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Yeah it's an extra thing I have to apply for called Advanced Parole if I want to leave the US before everything is sorted (and there's no guarantee it'd be sorted out any quicker than the rest of the applications :monster:) and between that and the cost, I don't know if we'd be able to make it. :(

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:17 AM
People from the US who are concerned about price: Flight costs from the US will be relatively from 1000-1400 probably max (look in places like vayama.com and kayak.com). Not sure about hotel bookings, but hostels are relatively cheap, from what I understand. I don't have the numbers in front of me for my Scotland visit, but I was shocked at how cheap it was for like five days. I want to say around $200.

I paid $200 for my passport, but it was on rush - most are about $130, I think. I know it's a lot of money right now, but if you really and truly want to come, I would say just start saving your pennies and assess in a year or so. Even with a minimum-wage job, it would be possible to save up for this in a few months.

Just think about it before writing it off entirely :) We don't need definitive answers right now with over two years to go. And again, totally cool if you can't, just wanted to put up some pricing for you.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:18 AM
can't we just do it in some dude's garden and order takeout

If we're having people come from all over, I want it to be an awesome event to remember :(

Parker
04-17-2014, 12:27 AM
Don't forget most eoffers are pretty friendly, if I am near wherever it is at the time I will have a sofa or two for dudes with tight budgets and Im sure others would offer the same as long as youre not creepy or a murderer

Pike
04-17-2014, 12:28 AM
I definitely don't mean to be a debbie downer here by the way. I just don't want to end up with a deported Huxley because we left the country while his stuff was still in processing (and that stuff takes months to years to process) xD

I'd seriously consider it if it was in the States. 100% do NOT want anyone to change the location just cause of us, though.

Pumpkin
04-17-2014, 12:30 AM
But if anyone does want to change it for Pike, I'll totally support that.... >.>

Y'know.... for Pike ....... <.<

Parker
04-17-2014, 12:32 AM
i forgot to mention there is a mandatory 3 blowjob limit to anyone crashing at my place, dude or dudette

if it is a couple or three people i will accept 6 or 9 bjs from one of them

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:33 AM
I am guessing that it is likely not to change because The King and The Hand of The King live in the UK, and they need to be there whether they like it or not. :)

Freya
04-17-2014, 12:37 AM
Wouldn't the US be the more central location for aussies?

Sephex
04-17-2014, 12:37 AM
Man. I would love too. And a lot can happen in two years. If I have the money and the means, then yes. I never been out of the country (though I have traveled all over it), so I think I would like to do it. So I guess put me down as a vague maybe?

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Wouldn't the US be the more central location for aussies?

It may be, I said I didn't really know in the opening post, haha. I hope they can make it.

Freya
04-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Let's just go to disneyland and make shlup gets us all in.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Quiet, you've never been to California.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-17-2014, 12:43 AM
I want to do this, and I'm going to start saving. Had this been brought up a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have gotten a PS4, haha.

There is a high likelihood I won't be able to due to various financial things coming up for me, but I'll be saving back money every paycheck and hoping I don't have to dip into that money for any reason. I've never been out of the country, so this would be fun!

Madame Adequate
04-17-2014, 12:46 AM

how do you not know the location of kiwistan and oz?

Freya
04-17-2014, 12:46 AM
When I went to San Francisco it was really nice.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:47 AM

how do you not know the location of kiwistan and oz?

I just looked on google maps and arbitrarily judged that they seemed similar, don't be rude! :aimmad:

Shorty
04-17-2014, 12:53 AM
I need to speak to Daniel first; all I did was send him a whatsapp saying "hey PS world eoff meetup and live ciddies in 2016" and he said "ok" before going to bed, so our fearless leader needs to come in here and have some input (it is likely to remain in the UK unless he says otherwise).

fire_of_avalon
04-17-2014, 12:58 AM
I know what shoes I'm going to bring.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 01:01 AM
Maybe people who can't make it to the UK can have a US meetup somewhere and have a viewing party of their own?

but still try to come to the UK please :( World meetup and all!

also hey now I make no promises, Daniel is the awards guy I have no say in anything

Jiro
04-17-2014, 01:04 AM
Either option is ridiculously overpriced for Australians. My flights to Denver cost $3000, a trip to Edinburgh would cost around $2500. That's not really plausible for me. I can't speak for any of the others (and I can't say what flying from NZ would be like) but as in most cases, we're paying around double. So unless one of us suddenly strikes it rich, I would not expect any of us to be able to attend, let alone donate to the running of the event.

Ayen
04-17-2014, 01:10 AM
And guys, really. If you put back $10-20 every paycheck, you could probably pay for the costs in two years. I know it's not feasible for everyone to do even that, but you're thinking a chunk sum of money instead of thinking about the fact that we have at least 25 months until this happens.

I don't see a paycheck until I made one-hundred dollars. Ad clicks on my blog generate anything from 30 cents to a dollar per click. In the past two months I only made thirteen bucks total. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer either or complain, and I'm probably worrying over nothing like I always do, I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I tried finding a job that pays minimum wage and I have trout to show for it. This family holds together solely on Social Security checks and my mom's job which she could lose any day now because she's over 60 and her employers are assholes. I'd rather assume I can't go now and be surprised later than start saving just to find out I can't go.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 01:12 AM
I am going to send out a survey asking if 2016 or 2017 might be more feasible for people. I will also include the option for maybe people who aren't having to travel if they would be able to donate.

Pumpkin
04-17-2014, 01:14 AM
We could maybe set up a few more local meetups and do like some webcam stuff between them so maybe more people can be included?

I dunno if that sounds like a dumb idea or if its feasible or not, but it could be an option.

Sephex
04-17-2014, 01:31 AM
Alright, let's have everyone meet up in Chicago for the US crowd. This is not a ploy for me to save money.

Aulayna
04-17-2014, 01:35 AM
I would not be interested, because, reasons.

Freya
04-17-2014, 01:50 AM
How about we just all go on a cruise. Caribbean!

Shorty
04-17-2014, 02:00 AM
I'll be frank; I don't think I can put the effort required into planning this thing if only a couple handfuls of people will show up. If it can't happen maybe we just do Ciddies gathering parties all over instead of a world meetup, and people can fly to where they want to fly if they have the means and we'll do the Ciddies as normal.

I completely understand that it is beyond imaginable means for some people to go. It's okay. But if in the next two or three years you think you can find a way to come to an event that will live in EoFF infamy, an event that will put Daniel Towns' wedding to shame, then I would hope to see some "maybes" or I'll see what I can dos" in the coming months.

I'm sorry that it can't be easy for everyone, I truly am. But I guarantee you will have the time of your life if you can make it.

Pheesh
04-17-2014, 02:04 AM
My flight to LA was $2150 and my flights to Newcastle were $2100 so either way it is really expensive. The only way I would see this happening is if Tara and I are already planning to be in the UK visiting her family or something. It's not entirely out of the question but 2 years into the future is just too hard to predict.

*leaves forever again*

Pheesh
04-17-2014, 02:06 AM
And change my goddamn name back you bastards.

Jiro
04-17-2014, 02:22 AM
And change my goddamn name back you bastards.

peace out an-

In spite of my negativity, it's definitely still a case of "I'll give it my best shot."

Shorty
04-17-2014, 02:24 AM
Thanks, guys. :heart:

And we've updated our privacy policy requiring lottery winners to hand over 70% of their winnings to this cause. Can't back out now, nerds, haha! (everyone start buying tickets I'm serious)

Jiro
04-17-2014, 02:24 AM
Like really, a bit over two years is a decent amount of time. If they push it back to 2017 then you've got like 37 months to try and sort something out. It's going to be rough on the ol' bank balance but can you imagine meeting 30 or so of your closest friends?

If nothing else, I suggest you make an effort so you can smack Shorty on the butt. It's an A+ butt.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 02:25 AM
Fact: four EoFFers (that I know of) have smacked my butt. Want your name added to the list? COME TO CIDDIES 2016/7

Madonna
04-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Guys, let us throw the gathering in a worn-torn country and get fully paid trips, room and board included. We might even get bodyguards.

Planning two years in advance is not terribly hard. You get an estimate of costs, save a little bit more than that (always have a bumper), and then you do not stress for most of it since Shorty said she would coordinate everything. Come a year from the date of vacation, put in for your time off at work, and extract blood oaths from irl friends to watch your pets/babies/significant others.

Edit: Patience, Shorty. No need to put yourself out on a dinner platter. Display yourself out in a cake dish at most; they at least have glass covers to keep off grubby hands.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 02:38 AM
Eyes on FF Ciddies 2016/7: Dating aspects no longer exclusive to forums!

Sephex
04-17-2014, 02:54 AM
Just did a quick and dirty search for flights out of Chicago to UK. I saw prices as low as 5 hundred something to 1,300 something. Though that's if I were to go soon. Who knows what prices would be like in 2-3 years.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-17-2014, 03:38 AM
We can both leave from O'hare together.

I'm just saiyan. We're pretty much neighbors. :monster:

Shorty
04-17-2014, 03:51 AM
Here's what we have so far:

Interested in attending:
Loony BoB & smittenkitten (who I assume will be there)
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Shorty
Parker
MDNA (and Kalilung?)
Shauna & Mr. Shauna
Jinx & Denmark
Freya & Boyfriend
Rantz

Tentative/Potentially/Will Try/Not Totally Impossible Yet:
noxy
Bert
Endless
Laddy
Jesswee
Pike & Mister Adequate
Sephex
Scotty_ffgamer
foa???
Jiro & AlaynaMae
Locky & HNB?
Shiny
theundeadhero

Please let me know if I am to add, move, or remove names from this list.

Sephex
04-17-2014, 04:02 AM
We can both leave from O'hare together.

I'm just saiyan. We're pretty much neighbors. :monster:

Were you live again? I know I can look it up on Facebook, but I'd rather be creepy on here.

theundeadhero
04-17-2014, 04:03 AM
Been a few years since I've visited the motherland. I wouldn't mind going on a trip to annoy middle-aged ladies while they grocery shop.

Maybe :blush:

Recommendation: Plan it as a 3-day weekend. If so many people are thinking of coming that far they'll want to do more than show up one morning, have a get-together, then leave the next. Have people get there and meet one day. Awards the next. Then the following day is free to hang about or leave or whatever they feel like.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 04:05 AM
Yaaaay! Added!

Jiro
04-17-2014, 04:08 AM
Don't forget AlaynaMae. She'd murder me if I didn't take her.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 04:10 AM
Added! The more the merrier.

Sephex
04-17-2014, 04:13 AM
IF Loony BoB acts like a stalker with a Chocobo mascot head on and stands in dark corners to creep people out, that will increase my chances of going. Or if he wears a shirt of himself of that pic I made a meme out of. And keeps his face like that the whole time.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-17-2014, 04:14 AM
I feel like we all need shirts with that picture on it to wear at the meet-up.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 04:15 AM
Maybe you'll all come away with party favors, who knows.

Sephex
04-17-2014, 04:18 AM
I want to do it and go out in public in a HUGE group and all of us won't address the shirts no matter how many times were asked.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 04:19 AM
damn it I've given out too much rep lately xD

Sephex
04-17-2014, 04:21 AM
"What's with the shirts, you fat yank?!"

"I come from around Chicago! GO BEARS!!!"

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-17-2014, 04:22 AM
Fact: four EoFFers (that I know of) have smacked my butt. Want your name added to the list? COME TO CIDDIES 2016/7It's like the Blarney Stone in Ireland. People come from all around to kiss it for good luck.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Listen, nobody is kissing this bootay. :stare:

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2014, 04:28 AM
yes bob meme shirts for everyone that is a great idea

Sephex
04-17-2014, 04:30 AM
yes bob meme shirts for everyone that is a great idea

He has one too, but we somehow make it so that the eyes on the shirt looks at Shorty's butt the whole time, like a haunted painting.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 04:32 AM
:stare::stare::stare:

Del Murder
04-17-2014, 04:35 AM
I'll skype in.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-17-2014, 04:41 AM
I'll skype in.

That's another excellent idea. Having people skype in who can't attend. Speeches can be given this way as well.

Sephex
04-17-2014, 05:00 AM
Tentative design for BoB's shirt:

http://i.imgur.com/Co1Xol7.png

Shorty
04-17-2014, 05:01 AM
That is possibly the worst thing you have ever done. It reminds me of Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_35XPeShLqk/UnqO4q0qiLI/AAAAAAAAAB8/WzGrajfmPZk/who-framed-roger-rabbit-christopher-lloyd-judge-doom.jpg

Sephex
04-17-2014, 05:06 AM
That is possibly the worst thing you have ever done. It reminds me of Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit.

http://i.imgur.com/ic4fZYp.png

WildRaubtier
04-17-2014, 05:15 AM
clearly yall should have a different meme on every shirt

also im keen for a meetup, i guess ill just pelt fruit during the awards ceremony or whatever

Shorty
04-17-2014, 05:39 AM
Recommendation: Plan it as a 3-day weekend. If so many people are thinking of coming that far they'll want to do more than show up one morning, have a get-together, then leave the next. Have people get there and meet one day. Awards the next. Then the following day is free to hang about or leave or whatever they feel like.

Oh, I didn't see this sooner - yeah, the Ciddies would be the "main event", if you will. A three-day weekend would be good, and I'm sure some people coming from out of town might stay longer than that. I am sure there will be much to do with however many people who arrive.

Rantz
04-17-2014, 05:54 AM
I heard something about banging - I'll be there!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-17-2014, 06:18 AM
I heard something about banging - I'll be there!53036

Casey
04-17-2014, 07:00 AM
I'll skype in.

That's another excellent idea. Having people skype in who can't attend. Speeches can be given this way as well.

Yeah good idea.

I'd go if it were in Seattle. :p

LocoColt04
04-17-2014, 08:08 AM
I guess I should renew my passport. I have to go to Tokyo in 2020 for the Olympics anyway. :3

Crop
04-17-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm obviously in the minority here in that I could go to one of these tomorrow regardless of where it is in the world, so I'm in for sure. Give me a date and I will be there.

I'm also willing to help plan, donate etc. and am probably in a good position to do so, both financially and due to my location, so let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Also, EoFF shirts are a must.

Also I insist on presenting an award.

Loony BoB
04-17-2014, 08:31 AM
an event that will put Daniel Towns' wedding to shame
Bitch, please.

Shauna
04-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Much like parker earlier in the thread, I can also offer crash space for anyone who needs it outside of the weekend surrounding the meet. It is super early days for this sort of thing, but it can potentially help to cut costs! x}

Also, if it is gravitating towards the UK, I can also offer help to get it planned. I could feasibly put more donation towards it too, as I will likely be spending significantly less on travel than some others. :3

What's that a party of 20 maybe? Not bad so far.

Old Manus
04-17-2014, 09:17 AM
In international group of EoFF members all in one place for a weekend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSF4BZIp4xM

By 2016 I'd probably be making enough dollar to make it a reasonable prosp - oh my god what is happening to me

Drift
04-17-2014, 09:27 AM
YES YES YES AND YES to the UK. Now let me put a camera to your face.

Jiro
04-17-2014, 09:49 AM
I would love to be photographed by Drift

Pike
04-17-2014, 10:21 AM
oh god Cid has read this thread

Loony BoB
04-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Okay, finally read through the last of the posts.

I think it's great to start planning now. I would guess that those closer to the city can commit at a later date. I mean, I can say that there is every chance I'll probably go but I have no idea what I'll be doing that far ahead. I hate making plans for the distant future, it's not something I'm good at. But this is exactly what is needed for a number of people who won't be able to go without years of saving, so I say :up: to this entire idea. I hope some people benefit from the early notice.

Some people won't be able to make it, and I don't think we should pile pressure on them. The worst thing you can do is pressure people to go - the best meetups are always the ones where people were keen from the get-go, and the people most likely to make it were also those most keen from the get-go (or those with great financial situations). Personally, I think those North Americans that can't afford to make the journey across the pond should have their own meetup at the same time somewhere stateside. Why not, right!?

For the city, I would naturally prefer Edinburgh because I know that it's nice in June and has bucketloads of decently price accommodation (and the food prices etc. aren't as bad as London) and is a pretty city from top to bottom... however I can understand if people want to go somewhere different. Personally, whenever a meetup has been announced in Birmingham or Manchester, I've been put off going because I find those two cities to be very dull when it comes to tourism value, and with people making international journies I think we should make it either Edinburgh, York, St. Davids or (eh) London. These are all places with good tourism value that I have really enjoyed visiting.

Don't worry about the Ciddies part of this until it's actually happening. Try not to plan small details as the big details will swing things a lot. I mean, I'm going to assume that I'll probably want to have Award Guy host the Ciddies for such an event as this, but having to coincidentally walk out of the room every time he appears is going to be a bitch. ;) Seriously though I imagine I'll plan such a thing out after the Ciddies before it, when I know who is going, where it is, etc. There's no rush on that end (although I will point out it will be far easier to host the Ciddies in my home city).

When it comes to hiring venues, I'd suggest we don't plan this side of things for the same reasons as the above. In fact, even more so. I agree with whoever it was that mentioned "just gathering in someone's back yard and hiring takeaway" because hiring a venue will cost an arm and a leg. Putting it into perspective, the hiring of the Scotsman cost me something like £4,800 and that's not including all the extras we spent on other things (the wedding was in excess of £10,000). I know you can get cheaper places - considerably cheaper, of course - but I think the best and easiest way to do this would be to make it far more informal.

Speaking of money, I doubt I'll be able to donate any significant amount. I've spent so much money on EoFF and the wedding and the honeymoon... Danielle won't tolerate me spending much more than I do on the site as it is. We want to do a lot of things in our lives together, particularly over the next few years when we can finally start spending money on ourselves, that I couldn't commit any kind of investment. :( However, I'm sure come the time of the actual event I will have some extra money put aside for meals and drinks above and beyond that which I personally will be consuming. 'tis in my nature, as many of you know.

If Drift isn't going, I don't think I can make it. After meeting him, I have pretty much placed Drift as one of the most amazing people you could ever have at a meetup. The guy is freaking awesome and acts like a host even in places where he is not a host.

Definitely try to get some massive apartment with multiple rooms like we did in Edinburgh. That place was a home away from home, and it was so much fun being there.

Overall I think this is a fantastic idea and I hope it works out really well. Again, don't plan too much as you might end up getting really disappointed with how things turn out. People will cancel, new people will want to take their places, the numbers won't add up somehow, the flight costs and accommodation costs will change, life circumstances will force people to reconsider what can happen... all we need to do at this point is ensure that people have a fair idea of where they are going (UK is good enough at the moment) and that those at a far distance can start saving.

I moved this thread into General Chat because it's a pretty big thing.

Shauna
04-17-2014, 10:48 AM
I mean, depending on the number of people planning on going, it may just be easier to rent a few shared accomodations and party hard for 3 days straight. :p We say renting a hotel but that could be an unnecessary extravagance (again depending on the numbers), but it could end up just being a function suite for a night (which can be slightly more reasonably priced, depending on where it is (which is why I would avoid London because lolexpense)). EK might just be a dive, but my Mum booked a function suite for something in the region of £100-200 for a night for my 21st and it holds a ridiculous number of people (up to 70 or something).

But yeah, this is all stuff that can wait like a year to get dealt with. No harm in keeping it in mind though. :3

Basically to even get a grasp on what kind of things we'll need to do we just need an idea of where, when and how many people we are looking in the region of. But I suppose that is what this thread is all about. xD

Raine
04-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Hah! HAH! I think secretly i've been waiting for this. If its gonna be in europe and nothing unexpected comes in between, i'll be there! I want to see the wedding crew again and of course also many other eoffers! I would love to see a lot of people from FFXIV too, though they probably dont participate as much on the forum (like me)..as this was a bit of a problem at the ciddies last time, I just want to make sure if we FFXIV-players are also invited..?

Loony BoB
04-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Of course! Not all of us post a lot at EoFF, but those that don't are still EoFFers. :)

Loony BoB
04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
I mean, depending on the number of people planning on going, it may just be easier to rent a few shared accomodations and party hard for 3 days straight. :p We say renting a hotel but that could be an unnecessary extravagance (again depending on the numbers), but it could end up just being a function suite for a night (which can be slightly more reasonably priced, depending on where it is (which is why I would avoid London because lolexpense)). EK might just be a dive, but my Mum booked a function suite for something in the region of £100-200 for a night for my 21st and it holds a ridiculous number of people (up to 70 or something).

But yeah, this is all stuff that can wait like a year to get dealt with. No harm in keeping it in mind though. :3

Basically to even get a grasp on what kind of things we'll need to do we just need an idea of where, when and how many people we are looking in the region of. But I suppose that is what this thread is all about. xD
I'm totally in favour of this happening in East Kilbride with Shauna's Mum as host.

Shauna
04-17-2014, 01:16 PM
"Hey Mum, a bunch of my internet friends were wondering if you could book a function suite for us to hang out for a night in..."

Shiny
04-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Edinburgh, York, St. Davids or (eh) London
All of those seem boring to me to be honest. Count me out. I'll be there in spirit.

Loony BoB
04-17-2014, 01:42 PM
What in the UK would sound interesting to you if they all strike you as boring? O_o

Shorty
04-17-2014, 02:46 PM
I worry about London being more expensive. Would be okay with Edinburgh. And of course the XIVers can come!

The flats that were rented for the wedding crew were completely ideal, and it is totally possible that we could rent out an entire building. That would be so badass.

I am so happy to see more people saying they can come, and they might be able to donate! If you cannot, please don't feel bad. Daniel, I am sure that we would all want you to continue keeping this site afloat, so don't worry. I am sure we will be able to find the money. Venues can be pricey, but I am confident we can find something reasonably priced.

Loony BoB
04-17-2014, 02:53 PM
For what it's worth, that shared flat would have been even cheaper per-person if people were all staying the same length of time. You can get extremely good value out of those places so long as you time it right (the right timing being outside of any peak tourism moments such as major sporting events, festivals, etc).

Shauna
04-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Seems that people are angling for Edinburgh, UK (or at least are okay with it). Other nominations or objections? :3

Madonna
04-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Shiny wants us to rent a castle, Loony BoB. I mean, why else would people travel to the Old World? Man, that would be so cool.

Edit: We should totally just rent a stretch of land in the north and drink ourselves to oblivion in the highlands. /no

Seriously, Edinburgh sounds good if we throw it in the UK, but I would have thought the US's east coast was more centrally located. Aussies, Kiwis, and everyone on the west side could even roadtrip if they coordinated for cheap transportation.

Parker
04-17-2014, 03:48 PM
I vote the shetlands

Psychotic
04-17-2014, 03:50 PM
London is easiest for international flights, domestic transport links and things for people to do if they're tourists. Arthur's seat is cool and all but people would probably get off on Big Ben, buckingham palace and the London Eye. Don't think Edinburgh is a good idea.

Knox
04-17-2014, 03:51 PM
why not do it like, the people that dont have passports or don't have like a trillion jillion dollars hold a simultaneous meetup in their part of the world

and like, the people that DO have money get some kinda nice, i dunno, conference software and cameras and STUFF OR WHATEVER

and then like, you know, for all practical purposes it's ... LIKE the meetups are happening in the same place

NOT EVERYONE IS RICH LIKE YOU SHORTY COBB

I'M CONTRIBUTING TO EOFF

EDIT oh i guess towns said something like that anyway

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHATEVER

Shorty
04-17-2014, 03:55 PM
I FIRST SUGGESTED MULTIPLE MEETUPS AND IT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED LIKE NINE OTHER TIMES SO I THINK IT WILL BE A THING TO HAPPEN AND ALSO I AM NOT RICH

Knox
04-17-2014, 03:55 PM
STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS YOU ARE A CIDS KNIGHT HOW ABOUT YOU ACT LIKE ONE

EDIT LOOK AT MY POST COUNT, IT TOOK ME 14 YEARS BUT I DID IT, 108 POSTS OF DESTINY

Shorty
04-17-2014, 03:57 PM
YOU SEE WHAT YOU DO TO ME

DO YOU SEE

Pike
04-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Is West Coast marginally cheaper for the Aussies/Kiwis? Asking because I genuinely don't know. If so I'm like 1000000% down with a Cali meetup to go down at the same time as the UK one. We've got Murd, Shlup, I think Shiny is moving there if I'm not mistaken, Julian (>implying he posts any more), the Hawaii crew, and all those other people I'm missing.

(I'm okay with the North American version being anywhere really but California seems like a good idea off the top of my head. East Coasters may want to set up their own thing too, or they can decide between Cali and UK)

Pike
04-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Pfft, West Coast is Best Coast

(I'm talking about the Pacific Northwest of course, California I can take or leave)

Shorty
04-17-2014, 04:28 PM
If I recall, flights to the UK from the east coast are considerably cheaper than the rest of the nation. I was looking to visit my sister in New York before flying to Edinburgh, and the tickets were about $500 or so.

Also totally fine with either Edinburgh or London.

I'll send everyone an anonymous survey once I get to work.

WildRaubtier
04-17-2014, 04:39 PM
A quick search shows, for March next year, from perth: A) to heathrow, $2330; B) To LAX, $1612.

Pike
04-17-2014, 04:40 PM
A quick search shows, for March next year, from perth: A) to heathrow, $2330; B) To LAX, $1612.

Well, that's still nothing to sneeze at, but it's a big improvement.

Shauna
04-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Edinburgh, London or California (lol having a whole state instead of somewhere in particular).

I would definitely lean to somewhere that is easy for international flyers to get to, so London would be better than the 'Burgh in this case (despite being a more expensive place to be in, in general) for the UK.

The only other question would be if we have someone in either location who would be willing to do some legwork on finding places for us to stay. Not that I am saying that people outside of these locations can't look up potential places, but it is better if we have someone who can say "Whoa, no, don't go there!" or whatever. xD

Loony BoB
04-17-2014, 06:15 PM
I guess London is an improvement on Birmingham/Manchester. :S

Shorty
04-17-2014, 06:47 PM
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO TAKE A VERY IMPORTANT SURVEY

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHIwMXpkTWlIN3JLc08xQ3FwcEZNdnc6MA

and also tell me if you can't access it

Calliope
04-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Spuuky and I would attend a meetup in Portland, California or Washington. Given that I spent a month's worth of wages on medical expenses yesterday, I cannot see us going any further than that.

Shauna
04-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Travel abroad is certainly doable for myself and Matt (although I am on a 6 month contract at work, who knows where I'll be in a few months time. xD), so we are pretty much good with anywhere too.

Shorty
04-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Please let me know after you've taken the survey. I want to make sure the responses are populating D:

Shauna
04-17-2014, 07:16 PM
I have taken the survey. :3

Shorty
04-17-2014, 07:18 PM
oh man, I got nothing. I hope it will populate soon; maybe it's just the server D:

edit: nevermind, we got responses! Thanks, folks

Shorty
04-17-2014, 07:21 PM
thanks, guys :D

also, asshats and your member names I SEE YOU

Scotty_ffgamer
04-17-2014, 07:31 PM
I just filled it out!

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Filled it out!

Also as for cities, I don't really care. I've never been outside the US ever except for a two hour drive to a Mexican border town so if I can make it to the UK at all I'd just be psyched to be there even if it's in the sticks. US cities would be easier for me to get to obviously and here too I don't particularly care where, everywhere in the US that isn't Texas is pretty much equally expensive for me to fly to.

Pumpkin
04-17-2014, 08:04 PM
I responded.

Iceglow
04-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Questionnaire done. Also, you're applying the wrong mentality to this guys. Sarah, I'm not certain I want to re-type my suggestions in to here. Can I ask that you copy paste it for me? I broke down some misconceptions of London...

:)

Shorty
04-17-2014, 08:12 PM
You don't need to retype your suggestions into here. This thread was made before the survey.

Feel free to educate us on the right mentality for this!

Loony BoB
04-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Survey filled out.

Calliope
04-17-2014, 08:23 PM
trololololololol

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Hah! HAH! I think secretly i've been waiting for this. If its gonna be in europe and nothing unexpected comes in between, i'll be there! I want to see the wedding crew again and of course also many other eoffers! I would love to see a lot of people from FFXIV too, though they probably dont participate as much on the forum (like me)..as this was a bit of a problem at the ciddies last time, I just want to make sure if we FFXIV-players are also invited..?Absolutely! I would be disappointed if you could not come ;)

Shorty
04-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah, get on the horn with everyone in Fat Chocobos! It would be cool to give an award specifically to someone from the group for ARR-related stuff.

Marion, you sweet thing, please come so we can be joined at the hip again ;-;

Goldenboko
04-17-2014, 11:02 PM
I'd meet up with Kace face and then she'd hit me and then I'd cry and leave :cry:

Shorty
04-17-2014, 11:11 PM
More attendance updates!

Interested in attending:
Loony BoB & smittenkitten
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Shorty
Parker
MDNA & Kalilung
Shauna & Mr. Shauna
Jinx & Denmark
Freya & Boyfriend
Rantz
Loco
Crop
Old Manus
Drift
Raine
Psychotic
Iceglow
Wildraubtier
Scotty_ffgamer

Tentative/Potentially/Will Try/Not Totally Impossible Yet:
noxy
Bert
Endless
Laddy
Jesswee
Pike & Mister Adequate
Sephex
foa???
Jiro & AlaynaMae
Locky & HNB?
Shiny
theundeadhero

Please let me know if I am to add, move, or remove names from this list.

Sephex
04-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Filled out the survey. Ran the idea by Shelly and she said she'd be willing to come with me, too. The chances of us going vastly increases if there is a US meet up (I am down with the California idea being thrown around because I can also stalk the Game Grumps I have been there before, and I liked it).

I did fill out for me that both the UK and US is fine, but the US for me is far more likely. I have to go to a zillion weddings in the next couple of years, and a couple of those require me to travel out of state, so that's a lot of money already. Top that off with regular bills and major payments like property taxes, and that makes it harder to save some money, but I have a couple tricks up my sleeve.

So there we go. That's my situation in more detail!

theundeadhero
04-18-2014, 12:15 AM
I would say it's about a 50% chance I would go to an American one if it was big enough, 30% I would go to a European one (even if it isn't in England), and 20% I wouldn't go to either. Two years from now is far away.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-18-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm just going to go ahead and say that I'm going. I don't know for sure what money will be like in the coming days, but it will be more likely to work out if I commit to it now.

Freya
04-18-2014, 12:49 AM
I'd meet up with Kace face and then she'd hit me and then I'd cry and leave :cry:
That's pretty accurate.

noxious.sunshine
04-18-2014, 01:43 AM
I'm definitely interested in going.

It'll be tough to save money for the trip cuz Jay and I are going to start saving for a house soon & we have a million other trips we have to plan and finance- flying to Texas to visit my dad, flying to Nashville and stuff.

But I think it's entirely plausible! Especially if I can manage to get my bf into planning a trip to the Philippines when it happens, then maybe Jinx & Denmark & us could fly to UK together, and Jay can go on to the Philippines (I'll meet up with him after the weekend in UK)!

If by some miracle that happens to be the case, Jay could probably get his dad to pay for part- if not most- of our flight ticket costs. xD

Miss Mae
04-18-2014, 01:50 AM
As far as flights from Australia go, getting to London is cheaper than Edinburgh, and getting to either of those cities is still cheaper than West Coast US, according to a quick search. So if the Aussies were going to go anywhere based purely on price, it would probably be the UK.

Jiro
04-18-2014, 01:53 AM
West Coast US is not easier or cheaper for me to get to; London takes that (why? I don't know). On top of that, as Psychotic has alluded to, London and the UK have specific draw cards for some people that the US does not. I have been there once before, and while I would love to go back one day, I do not intend to visit the same places repeatedly while there are others waiting. Ain't no 221b Baker Street in LA, for instance.

People seem to be genuinely turned off by the cost of travel, which is understandable. So do a UK and one or more US meetups. It's not the world meetup that Shorty envisioned, but at least people are hanging out, and that's cool.

Shorty
04-18-2014, 01:54 AM
AWESOME

Iceglow
04-18-2014, 01:55 AM
I guess you need to be on the EC or maybe Sarah will actually share my full musings on the subject. However, y'all be thinking of London as a small group or individual in Central London when you complain about the price. As I pointed out, places like Wimbledon, due to the Tennis have crap loads of hotels which aren't as pricey as those in Mayfair, great links to 2 of the major London airports and Central London is 10 mins on a train away.

You've also got options depending on numbers of things like hiring a community hall, just don't waste money on the bar and accompanying staff. Get a literal smurf-ton of grog, some big bins full of ice and chill it that way.

Shiny
04-18-2014, 03:28 AM
What in the UK would sound interesting to you if they all strike you as boring? O_o

WildRaubtier
04-18-2014, 04:09 AM
what a tit

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-18-2014, 04:56 AM
Ain't no 221b Baker Street in LA, for instance.

I'm all aboard the visit Sherlock with Jiro train.

Shorty
04-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Eyes on Finding Floors (to sleep on)

Shorty
04-18-2014, 07:26 AM
22 peeps interested in attending a live Ciddies event in under 36 hours of this thread being open! This makes me very happy :jess:

Shauna
04-18-2014, 08:34 AM
How long will you be running the survey for?

Pike
04-18-2014, 10:33 AM
To clarify, my West Coast idea wasn't intended as a replacement but as a second venue. It was also just an idea (seeing as I don't live there so can't really do anything at all to help or plan haha). As it stands I'm 95% sure I can't do a UK meetup in 2016/2017 (ironically enough there's a good chance I could swing one in 2015 for various reasons) so I was trying to get the "alternate meetup" ball rolling. Sorry for any confusion! :shobon:

(Alternatively, screw it, let's just hold the thing in Australia)

Miss Mae
04-18-2014, 10:34 AM

I'm down.

Jiro
04-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Party at my house.

Crop
04-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Filled in the form. I'm ready to go.

Miss Mae
04-18-2014, 01:50 PM

I'm down under.

fix'd
As if you would attribute that gross pun to me. :p

black orb
04-18-2014, 10:09 PM
>>> If I manage to learn teleportation by 2016 I would probably be there..:luca:

Rocket Edge
04-18-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm definitely up for going. What would a world meet-up be without the token drunk Irishman?

As for where to meet up; I don't really mind although I'd prefer Edinburgh over London any day, so you can place that as my vote. :monster:

Big D
04-19-2014, 12:55 AM
Survey complete!
(I'm not sure how far away it is from Australians or New Zealanders, but I hope it isn't too inconvenient)There is literally almost nowhere in the world that is further from the UK than Australasia xD

Nonetheless, I'd be dead keen on a meetup in the UK in a couple of years. Of course, this is totally dependent on time, money and other resources/commitments, but I'd certainly make it if I could. In fact, my partner and I are hoping to take a belated honeymoon to the UK and Europe over the next couple of years, so if our travel coincided with the biggest EoFF meetup ever, that'd be just awesome. This is one of the reasons I'd prefer a meetup in the UK over the USA.

In the event that other venues are considered, I've got to second Australia as a back-up. Various Pacific Islands could also be an option - Tonga, Samoa, etc.

Shorty
04-19-2014, 12:57 AM
In doing price searches, the Aussies found that it was cheaper to fly to London than it was for Edinburgh, LA or the US East coast. So I hope it can work out for our So. Hem friends!

Kalevala
04-19-2014, 06:36 AM
Sounds brilliant. It's hard to predict what my financial/employment situation will be like in two or three years time, but I would absolutely go to this. I've never been to the UK!

Baloki
04-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Wait, is this proving that the UK meetups have always been superior to those in the US? :joey:

Also as for cities, Birmingham is the spiritual birthplace of the UK meetups so it'd have to be there, especially to see BooB actually leave Scotland for once :p

Shorty
04-19-2014, 07:01 PM
It looks like London has been decided on! Birmingham wasn't really an option to begin with, sorry, friend :shobon:

Would you possibly attend?

Jess
04-19-2014, 10:32 PM
I agree that London is certainly the best for those who haven't visited the UK before, as there is so much to do and see. If people are worried about the price, why not get accomodation in a town just outside London and then just use public transport if you want to venture into the City?

I can't commit to anything because of how far in advance this is. However, as I live fairly local, it's certainly possible could pop along for the day.

Endless
04-19-2014, 11:16 PM
When I went to London for that guild meeting I mentioned, we didn't stay in London's center, but in North Acton, at the Holiday Inn (https://goo.gl/maps/UmFNq), which has reasonable prices (for London) if you book early, and is 2 mins away from the Tube and 1 min away from a nice Pub (http://castlenorthacton.co.uk/). Not that it has to be there, but I'm just sayin', there are good options to stay near London ;)

Formalhaut
04-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Can I drag my boyfriend? Are boyfriends invited? He's not interested in anything FF related...

When I went to London for that guild meeting I mentioned, we didn't stay in London's center, but in North Acton, at the Holiday Inn (https://goo.gl/maps/UmFNq), which has reasonable prices (for London) if you book early, and is 2 mins away from the Tube and 1 min away from a nice Pub (http://castlenorthacton.co.uk/). Not that it has to be there, but I'm just sayin', there are good options to stay near London ;)

I concur with Endless. Actually staying in London itself is fairly frightful, truth be told, however by staying nearby London, prices aren't so bad at all and train tickets into London isn't that bad; quite cheap if you're close.

As for me, I am most definitely going. I have always wanted to meet you guys in person, and it being in London makes it an absolute definite. I'd be more than happy to contribute to the event and perhaps even assist in hosting; depends on what is needed.

Depending on where I'm living in 2016/17, I'll be living in Winchester, which isn't terribly far from London. If I am, I'd be more than happy to shack up someone (probably just the one, though) who I know.

Yamaneko
04-20-2014, 08:53 AM
You guys could meet up in a half-baked police state with horrible weather.

Or you could meet up with yours truly on August 21, 2017 in and around Lincoln City, Oregon to witness one of natures most awe-inspiring spectacles, in a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Ciddies' winners will be revealed under the umbra of the moon!

Calliope
04-20-2014, 09:14 AM
I'll go if Spuuky goes

fire_of_avalon
04-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Things I don't understand: Flying to London more expensive than flying to Edinburgh for me. Only a little, but still.

Parker
04-20-2014, 08:10 PM
no one wants to go to edinburgh is the reason

Iceglow
04-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Because Scotland is shite?

NeoCracker
04-20-2014, 09:07 PM
...Yeah, no way I see myself going to a UK meet up.

Stateside? Sure. :p

I Don't Need A Name
04-20-2014, 10:35 PM
I'd give it a go!

Loony BoB
04-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Things I don't understand: Flying to London more expensive than flying to Edinburgh for me. Only a little, but still.
Edinburgh airport has a lot of direct destinations which will probably lead to some people finding it cheaper going to Edinburgh. Just depends on where you live, really.

Parker
04-20-2014, 11:29 PM
If it's similar to Cardiff you'll have to get a plane to London or even Amsterdam and then connect to Edinburgh.

Levian
04-21-2014, 12:12 AM
Sounds fun, it wouldn't be an issue for me to pull off a weekend-trip to London.
plane tickets are cheap and there's lots of tourist-y stuff I need to do in London as well.

2016, though. I tend to forget pizza's exist the split second I insert them in the oven, only for me to remember them 2 hours later, finding an object resembling something Ifrit could have motorboated, followed by Phoenix sitting on it. Someone plz poke me on facebook or something, if poking still exists in 2016. I honestly can't believe it still exists in 2014, but there you go.

Shorty
04-21-2014, 02:53 AM
Here is the list we have so far who are interested in attending! Please let me know if I should add or remove your name.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
Shorty
Parker
MDNA & Kalilung
Shauna & Mr. Shauna
Jinx & Denmark
Freya & Boyfriend
Rantz
LocoColt04
Crop
Old Manus
Drift
Raine
Psychotic
Iceglow
Wildraubtier
Scotty_ffgamer
Cuchulainn
Ultima Shadow
noxious.sunshine
Endless
Mirage
Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
Sammiebabe
Rocket Edge
starseeker
radicaledward124
Big D
Kalevala
Bubba
Jess
Formalhaut
I Don't Need a Name
Levian
Quin
foa
Spooniest
kotora
Dougicidal

fire_of_avalon
04-21-2014, 04:20 AM
You forgot "foa???"

Shorty
04-21-2014, 04:26 AM
Oh, foaface, I didn't know if you were joking or not! Definitely added!

Freya
04-21-2014, 05:15 AM
I'm slowly warming the boyfriend up about the idea. Now it's not a "we dont have the money" it's "I don't have a passport" just two more years to wear him down.

Jiro
04-21-2014, 05:17 AM
A passport isn't too tough if you plan ahead like this.

Jiro
04-21-2014, 05:21 AM
Jiro says:

A passport isn't too tough if you plan ahead like this.

shion you are incredible thank you for helping me during this time of ailment

Shorty
04-21-2014, 05:22 AM
I got my passport in like, a week. It's so damn easy. Not a valid excuse.

Pumpkin
04-21-2014, 05:22 AM
Jiro says:

shion you are incredible thank you for helping me during this time of ailment

You are welcome, Jiro

Freya
04-21-2014, 05:25 AM
If we go in 2016 I'm okay and don't have to renew mine. If it's in 2017 I have to get a new one/renew. Ughhh it'll be 10 years since I went to Europe. I definitely need to go before then. I NEED MORE STAMPS.

Jiro
04-21-2014, 05:43 AM
I didn't even get a stamp for going into Canada it was really depressing

Drift
04-21-2014, 04:09 PM
so hype. LETS GO!

theundeadhero
04-21-2014, 08:12 PM
My name is also not on that list. FOA, it's time to get angry.

Shorty
04-21-2014, 08:13 PM
sorry guys I've had a lot of responses ;-;

Here is the list we have so far who are interested in attending! Please let me know if I should add or remove your name.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
Shorty
Parker
MDNA & Kalilung
Shauna & Mr. Shauna
Jinx & Denmark
Freya & Boyfriend
Rantz
LocoColt04
Crop
Old Manus
Drift
Raine
Psychotic
Iceglow
Wildraubtier
Scotty_ffgamer
Cuchulainn
Ultima Shadow
noxious.sunshine
Endless
Mirage
Sammiebabe
Rocket Edge
starseeker
radicaledward124
Big D
Kalevala
Bubba
Jess
Formalhaut
I Don't Need a Name
Levian
Quin
foa
Spooniest
kotora
Dougicidal
theundeadhero
Renmiri

Additionally, I believe we have officially landed on London in 2016.

Thanks to everyone who filled out our survey!

Shauna
04-21-2014, 08:39 PM
London, baby! :3

Drift
04-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Also being a semi-londoner this helps me a lot :D

Iceglow
04-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Being a total facking Londoner, if y'all need me to spy locations, provide pricing information etc then let me know and I'll ask about.

Shauna
04-21-2014, 09:19 PM
That would be grand. xD Honestly, would have no idea where to start - feel free to get the ideas flowing (although it will be like a year before we have to make any big decisions regarding this).

Shorty
04-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah, it'll probably be a year before we begin looking. But venue prices would probably be the first place.

Iceglow
04-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah, it'll probably be a year before we begin looking. But venue prices would probably be the first place.

It'll be easier to get a quote on venues when I know the approximate total number of guests. However, most touristy stuff I can price without much variance same with travel (average it goes up £5 a month every year on the train/tubes).

Shorty
04-21-2014, 09:38 PM
We have around 40ish people wanting to attend right now. I hope we get get more than that as time moves closer with peoples' plans changing and possibly new members joining, but there's also room for people to cancel and not be able to attend as well.

Ideally, I would love about 60 (or more) people to show up for a live ciddies event. We can arrange tourist ideas for everyone for the rest of their stay and everyone can break off into groups the next day or however long they will be there.

Iceglow
04-21-2014, 10:11 PM
40 - 60 people would indicate a small - medium sized function room unless you wanted to full on Oscars table it with small groups etc. I'll look in to both sort of options. Any more than a hundred and we might have to consider a full on venue hire.

For convenience want to drop me in the EC group? I can then discuss this more privately with you guys without spamming the public thread up.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-22-2014, 01:12 AM
clearly yall should have a different meme on every shirt

I've already got mine covered:

Sephex
04-22-2014, 01:29 AM
I thought of one for Shorty, so if I go to this meetup, she is going to punch me in the face.

http://i.imgur.com/xZDImhB.png

Shorty
04-22-2014, 01:30 AM
Yep, you are playing with fire, friend

Raine
04-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Oh London, great! Surely manageable for me, dont even need a new passport :D
I'm trying to get more people from FFXIV to join, I'd also volunteer to organise a bit and communicate important infos for those who don't look at the forum on a regular base. If you need me to help with anything, just give me a shout.

I think the idea of hiring something a bit further away from the city is great, the prices sure are better. It would be grand if we had like a small house to ourselves with different rooms/apartments and one dining room or something like that.

Mirage
04-22-2014, 05:10 PM
You should probably bring a passport anyway, as it might be the only form of valid identification for you in the UK. You might not need it to cross the borders, but you will need it if either the police or airport security wants you to prove your identity.

Raine
04-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Well I have an Identity Card which is totally okay in the EU-Zone ^^ And it's valid until..2022 or something like that, so I won't need a new one until 2016 xD Passports are a lot more expensive and take more time to get. But thanks for your concern ^^

Jess
04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
One thing I would recommend is to do this event when the UK kids are in school. If you do it during the summer holidays then you are looking at accommodation being at least twice as expensive. :)

Mirage
04-22-2014, 05:14 PM
that's np we can all just sleep in daniel's living room

Well I have an Identity Card which is totally okay in the EU-Zone ^^ And it's valid until..2022 or something like that, so I won't need a new one until 2016 xD Passports are a lot more expensive and take more time to get. But thanks for your concern ^^

Well if you have those, that's fine. Those EU-zone ID cards are just really uncommon over here, I guess. Also, passports aren't really that expensive, are they? At least in Norway they're just like 30 bucks and are valid for 10 years.

I guess perhaps they are uncommon because norwegians most often just go to other nordic countries, where they generally accept regular credit/bank cards with your photo on as good enough identification, and for everything else, we just use our passports. I think it's really idiotic that my driver's license, which is valid for all of europe, isn't good enough for identification in the same european countries as the license is valid for.

Shorty
04-22-2014, 05:15 PM
y'all will be several hundred miles away from where you need to be if you're planning on sleeping at daniel's

Raine
04-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Well if you have those, that's fine. Those EU-zone ID cards are just really uncommon over here, I guess. Also, passports aren't really that expensive, are they? At least in Norway they're just like 30 bucks and are valid for 10 years.

They are definitely more expensive here and if I get a new one, it has to be biometric I think. But as I plan to go to NZ/Canada and other strange places in those next few years, I'll need one anyway ^^ But for the EoFF meetup, I can concentrate on other things :D

I think it's possible to find a place to stay at without traveling hours to Daniel's home:D

Shauna
04-22-2014, 06:36 PM
It's like £70+ for a passport here. xD

Iceglow
04-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Eurozone ID's and drivers licenses are a good idea. Also fair warning to my fellow countrymen... bring ID. The reason being if you decide to go for a drink in a bar/club many operate on an "No ID, no entry" policy.

Jiro
04-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Count yourselves lucky you are not in Australia. As if it weren't hard enough to afford to leave, it's also around $300 for a passport.

Pike
04-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Good lord

I looked up the price of flights from here to Australia just out of curiosity

I had no idea a plane ticket could cost more than twice what a ticket from here to feckin Europe costs

Good gravy I feel for you guys

Drift
04-23-2014, 02:45 PM
I'll help where I can too just let me know what you need!

Mirage
04-23-2014, 06:05 PM
I'll come if I get to kiss everyone on their mouths. That includes the guys.

also what the actual smurf jiro. 300 for a passport? Ours are like 50 aussiebucks. Your passport costs about as much as I expect to pay to get both to and back from the UK.

The UK is really close for me and there are daily departures from my local airport, probably. Even if I had to go via oslo, it'll probably be pretty cheap.

-edit-
I just checked and even if I order tickets for a flight as early as tomorrow, I could get to london for around 120 euro each way. That's like, I've spent more money on games in a single day, so I guess it's more or less guaranteed that I'll come.

Loony BoB
04-23-2014, 06:46 PM
I'll come if I get to kiss everyone on their mouths. That includes the guys.

it's more or less guaranteed that I'll come.
:erm:

Mirage
04-23-2014, 07:37 PM
dealwithit.png

Sephex
04-24-2014, 01:39 AM
Just looked up prices for flights. This is doable, even if I have to pay for two plane tickets. We'll see how prices, money overall, and the general situation is in 2016.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-24-2014, 02:23 AM
EoFF Sephex Meetup and Live Sephex Jokes! - London 2016

Sephex
04-24-2014, 02:51 AM
"Now that we're all here, I guess you can call this Eyes OFF Final Fantasy!"

(USER HAS BEEN DEPORTED FOR THIS QUOTE)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-24-2014, 06:27 AM
I want to go to the Doctor Who Experience while i'm there. How's the transportation from London to Cardiff?

I'm sure there are at least a few of you that would like to see that as well :monster:

Shiny
04-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Put me down on the list of attending. I'll bring my best jihad vest.

Crop
04-24-2014, 08:01 AM
I want to go to the Doctor Who Experience while i'm there. How's the transportation from London to Cardiff?

I'm sure there are at least a few of you that would like to see that as well :monster:

Two hour train ride from Paddington to Cardiff. Around £30 each way I'd say. Possibly cheaper if you book clever.

Sephex
04-24-2014, 08:04 AM

Dumbass, just take the TARDIS.

Parker
04-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Yea book early for a cheaper ticket. There's a direct train so you don't have to worry about changing trains halfway through. You'll have to take an additional train from Cardiff Central to Cardiff Bay but it's like 5 minutes or something, or just walk.

Also bear in mind the exhibition costs like £15 which is I guess is pricey for me cos I don't like Dr Who but if you like it it's probably a total steal and you can go inside the Tardis etc and look at all the props.

After you're done in the bay go find The Grazing Shed in Cardiff Center and eat at the World's ONLY Crop AND Parker Approved Burger Place.

Loony BoB
04-24-2014, 10:08 AM
"Now that we're all here, I guess you can call this Eyes OFF Final Fantasy!"

(USER HAS BEEN DEPORTED FOR THIS QUOTE)
I thought the entire point of this is that we all sit around in a room playing Final Fantasy. :confused:

Shorty
04-24-2014, 03:48 PM

Lone Wolf Leonhart
Shorty
Parker
MDNA & Kalilung
Shauna & Mr. Shauna
Jinx & Denmark
Freya & Boyfriend
Rantz
LocoColt04
Crop
Old Manus
Drift
Raine
Psychotic
Iceglow
Wildraubtier
Scotty_ffgamer
Cuchulainn
Ultima Shadow
noxious.sunshine
Endless
Mirage
Sammiebabe
Rocket Edge
starseeker
radicaledward124
Big D
Kalevala
Bubba
Jess
Formalhaut
I Don't Need a Name
Levian
Quin
foa
Spooniest
kotora
Dougicidal
theundeadhero
Renmiri
Shiny
Eminence
Chemical
Dignified Pauper
KentaRawr!
Elite Lord Sigma
Kamiko
Chemical

Formalhaut
04-24-2014, 11:31 PM
At the event can we have snazzy name badges. I do know a few people's real life faces (The horror!) but clearly name badges are just a given. Perfect sense no? :D

I've had Meet-up dreams as well. Glad I'm not the only one!

Shorty
04-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Sticky paper name tags, sure!

Scotty_ffgamer
04-24-2014, 11:50 PM
I had a dream a long time ago involving an EoFF meetup in which the big twist really was that most of the accounts were being controlled by Loony BoB and some bots he set up. Loony BoB had forgotten who were the real people after all of these years that he had the meetup just to see if anyone real would show up.

Jiro
04-25-2014, 01:37 AM
That does sound quite elaborate.

Iceglow
04-25-2014, 02:08 PM
By the way, guys! Last night I had my first Meetup dream!

The one where it all winds up as an orgy doesn't count, that's natural for you ;p

Uh do I really need a name tag? Can't I have like something to hide my face after Parker's incessant spamming of it?

Parker
04-25-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm turning up in a massive steve face mask and double denim

Loony BoB
04-25-2014, 04:00 PM
I'll be turning up as a shorter version of the person that people assume I am.

:(

Drift
04-25-2014, 07:25 PM
I'll be turning up as a shorter version of the person that people assume I am.

:(
also less gold and kweh-y

Flaming Ice
04-27-2014, 04:38 AM
I can see......I may possibly have a decent amount of money by then...legally gained:shifty:

I was thinking of traveling somewhere in the future anyways:)

Then we can "kill" the trolls! :shobon: