PDA

View Full Version : Recruit a New Character

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2014, 05:14 AM
Let's say SE decided to do another remake of FFIV (not much of a stretch in concept) and decided as a bonus they would add in a new character from among the game's cast, who would you like to see and how would they function in battle?

Sephex
04-17-2014, 06:17 AM
The only one I can think of that might work without altering the story is the Elder from Mysidia. I imagine he would basically function like FuSoYa, but not have all the spells available from the get go. Mainly the super powerful ones like Meteor, Flare, Holy, etc. To make up for this, he has an ability called "Prayer." I don't mean something that heals the party like "Pray." "Prayer" would randomly cast a spell not normally under the Black and White magic sets. It would work a lot like Twin, I suppose, so there would be a someone lengthy charge up time. Plus, that might be a cool way to let the player know that maybe the Twins learned their special "Twin" magic from the Elder's own technique!

VeloZer0
04-17-2014, 07:35 AM
The only two that come to mind are:

King Giott
Rubicante (I would imagine if you could find him after your final fight he might be willing to join you)

I can't really think of anyone else who would hold their own in a fight.

The Man
04-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Maybe Yang's wife. Her combat abilities would have something to do with a frying pan.

Colonel Angus
04-18-2014, 02:25 AM
Luca. She's use dolls as a weapon, a la Lulu.

Golbez.

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Maybe Yang's wife. Her combat abilities would have something to do with a frying pan.

This is exactly who I thought of when I made this thread. I could seeing her having an ability called Frying Pan which either does her normal attack damage or K.O. the enemy. :D

NeoCracker
04-20-2014, 05:47 AM
I see Frying Pan acting more like Wake, Rands ability from BoF2. :p

black orb
04-20-2014, 06:55 AM
>>> Luca, but this time make her look like this :luca:

maybee
04-20-2014, 09:45 AM

This

I think her name was Sheila from memory.

Sounds so Australian.

The Man
04-20-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm pretty sure she didn't have a name in the version I played, but I wouldn't be surprised if they named her in later versions.

Colonel Angus
04-29-2014, 11:44 PM

This is exactly who I thought of when I made this thread. I could seeing her having an ability called Frying Pan which either does her normal attack damage or K.O. the enemy. :D
You could possibly add confusion to that.