PDA

View Full Version : So anyone playing X-2 HD yet?

Karifean
04-17-2014, 07:09 PM
I've been having a blast playing X-2 HD these past two weeks. Such a fun game, and Creature Create makes the game so much better. Who else is playing it? And if you aren't, are you planning to?

Ayen
04-17-2014, 07:11 PM
I haven't gotten my hands on either HD game and likely won't for a while. But I plan to when the opportunity arises.

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2014, 07:29 PM
I haven't ventured into FFX-2 HD yet. I'm going to 100% FFX first, because I've never done that before and I feel like this is the perfect way for me to celebrate the remaster :v

Scotty_ffgamer
04-17-2014, 07:32 PM
I started it up for a little bit, but I've gotten sidetracked with my PS4. Eventually I'll get around to it.

ScottNUMBERS
04-17-2014, 08:14 PM
I played it a little when I first downloaded it, since I didn't have much time for a lengthy session. I am looking forward to getting stuck into it once FFX is finished.

I have only read (skimmed) about the creature capturing system in FFX-2 but it seems mostly lame since you can't fully control the creatures you have in battle - wouldn't that slot be much better filled with a member that can be fully controlled? Is there something about creature create I am not aware of that makes it awesome?

Karifean
04-17-2014, 08:33 PM
You do have an extent of control over your creatures, starting with the fact that you can fully customize their ability loadout. Also, there's the star system which influences not only the damage they deal and take, but also their behaviour to a degree.

Some creatures are really powerful. Goon learns the Elixir and Phoenix Down abilities, Chocobo learns Auto-Haste and Meteor, Elementals tend to learn 1 MP Cost and have very good defensive stats (except for HP). Give a Large creature the White Mage dressphere and they're incredibly durable.

IMO one of the main selling points of Creature Create are the fiend tales. Every creature except for a few (and all NPCs) have their unique little storylines, since they used to be human. Sometimes these are very nice, ranging from funny to feelsy.

Plus, the Fiend Arena is all sorts of great.

Goldenboko
04-17-2014, 11:03 PM
No.

Mirage
04-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Yes.

Jiro
04-18-2014, 01:32 AM
Gotta finish the other one first, and at the rate I'm travelling, it might be a while.

DMKA
04-19-2014, 12:14 AM
I've been playing it for about 30 hours now and I too am having a blast with it. I love the Festivus dress sphere. :p

I haven't really got into Creature Create yet. It seems overwhelming. I watched all the tutorials and by the next day completely forgot everything they told me.

black orb
04-19-2014, 05:15 AM
>>> I just played mission 1 and 2, My priority is FFX and fight that Penance monster for the first time ever..:luca:

DMKA
04-22-2014, 03:48 AM
So yeah, I'm on Chapter 5 now, and I thought I was doing everything by the book, on my way to 100% in one go. Then I go to the Moonflow and find out that you can't get Episode Complete if you didn't sell all ten tickets in Chapter 1. I only managed to sell nine of them.

Arrrrrrgjkahdjkfgkf.

Rostum
04-25-2014, 07:28 AM
My girlfriend and I really enjoyed FFX, however we played the first two missions of FFX-2 and couldn't stand it any longer. FFX had it's issues, but this is beyond something we can put ourselves through. Which is a shame because I know the battle system can be a lot of fun, and there's some interesting tidbits about the history of Spira.

black orb
04-28-2014, 06:12 PM
>>> Im playing FFX-2 now..
Defeating Penance will take time, lot of time.. Like adding the ribbon effect to armors and get something like 99999 HP :eep:.. I better leave that for later. :luca:

BlueD
04-30-2014, 06:20 AM
So yeah, I'm on Chapter 5 now, and I thought I was doing everything by the book, on my way to 100% in one go. Then I go to the Moonflow and find out that you can't get Episode Complete if you didn't sell all ten tickets in Chapter 1. I only managed to sell nine of them.

Arrrrrrgjkahdjkfgkf.

:O I just sold 6 because I didn't need the extra cash or items but I didn't know it had something to do with the storyline :/

Jiro
04-30-2014, 06:35 AM
Pretty much everything in FFX-2 ties directly to your completion percentage.

Karifean
04-30-2014, 08:12 AM
That being said, going for 100% in just one playthrough can be incredibly frustrating and I cannot recommend trying it.

But yeah, the game expects you to sell all 10 tickets to get the best rewards. It's quite ridiculous.

Mirage
04-30-2014, 04:23 PM
Just sell them ridiculously cheap. I'm not going for a 100% completion rate right away, but considering I have completed it like 6 times before, I expect to land somewhere around 92-97% this first remaster playthrough.

black orb
04-30-2014, 04:55 PM
I have completed it like 6 times before
>>> wow.. you must really love X-2..:luca:

Mirage
04-30-2014, 07:18 PM
I seriously think it has the best gameplay and combat in the entire series, and because of that, I can forgive it for its subpar story. Last time I played it, on ps2, I had 4 iron dukes and was in the process of getting a 5th. I think my game timer was at around 400 hours.

So yeah, I guess I really do like this game.

DMKA
05-01-2014, 02:33 AM
I seriously think it has the best gameplay and combat in the entire series, and because of that, I can forgive it for its subpar story.

Totally agree. I'm loving the hell out of it, and even though I used to roll my eyes at the story back in the day, of all the Final Fantasys I have the highest time on my PS2 file for X-2 of any of them (something like 250 hours).

Minwu
05-05-2014, 07:46 AM
X-2 is the reason I bought the HD remaster on my Vita to begin with. It's one of my all-time top 3 Final Fantasies. (The others being VII & V.)

I never really got into X.

Neptunia
05-08-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm on chapter 3, I think. when all hell breaks loose from the temples. not done any side quest's yet. may attempt to do enough of Via infinito to get cat nip, then do the quests on a ng+.

black orb
05-14-2014, 06:28 AM
>>> I forgot how ridiculous this game is.. But now that im about to finish it all comes back to me :shobon:..:luca: