PDA

View Full Version : Job Class/Roles in future FFs

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2014, 04:09 AM
Final Fantasy has come up with a lot of different job roles over the years and many of the most popular (Black Mage, Dragoon, Ninja...) have reappeared in the series from time to time, but what about some of the lesser known roles like Beastmaster, Geomancer, or Chemist? Would you be interested in an FF using some less conventional Job Roles or do you feel they should stick to the bread and butter/popular roles?

VeloZer0
04-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Because of the way I was scrolling the page while reading it looked like beastmaster was in under your most popular jobs list. I knew you were loosing it.

IMO they just need to put in a little bit more effort into the less appreciated classes. Typically they either suck in comparison, or require outside information (or a rediculous amount of trial and error) to utilize effectively. I like to see variations on the popular options.

metagloria
04-18-2014, 02:32 PM
I just want more of a job system in general in future FFs. They haven't had a real implementation of that since X-2 (unless you count XIV, but that was sort of different since you generally commit to one or two classes)...I want to see what the III/V system would look like adapted to a modern FF style. If they go that route, then the more jobs, the merrier!

Pumpkin
04-18-2014, 02:38 PM
I hope they keep some of the classics like White Mage/Black Mage but I would also like to see some others like Geomancer and Archer. I love Geomancer and Archer roles.

blackmage_nuke
04-21-2014, 12:49 PM
I agree geomancer was one of the best classes in the earlier ff's. Hopefully they wont give them the same dorky puffy pajamas

Mercen-X
04-22-2014, 01:23 AM
I think the Black Mage and White Mage should be traded out altogether in exchange for the Red Mage and Blue Mage (if handled correctly). Characters with Summoner job classes wouldn't be so annoying IMO if they weren't utter glass cannons. I kind of like Archers (only recently played as them in FF3), but other classes just seem to be superior versions of the originals aside from the Bard/Dancer/Mime classes.

black orb
04-22-2014, 02:27 AM
>>> FFX-2 had all the jobs I liked, most of the dresspheres had some neat and fresh designs (i was really getting tired of the classic FF jobs designs) like the chemist/alchemist, When I saw them using machine guns I was like "wow this is so smurfing cool!!". It also had the special dresspheres for each character, the Festivalist and Psychic are some nice additions too..

I think the dresspheres concept was a novel idea, I dont have idea what SE is cooking right now but I hope they bring back some of those sugar-coated jobs on their upcoming games..:luca:

Mercen-X
04-22-2014, 07:43 AM
Bringing back the Psychic job class would definitely be awesome. I never got to play it as I didn't get the Intl version.