PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones Ascent

Ayen
04-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Gods of my ancestors, where have this game been all my life? Jinx introduced me to it the other day and I've been playing it ever since. I feel like a real noble of Westeros. The game gives you plenty of original missions and characters to have your own adventures while also having quests based off the books. Every time I get to interact with a canon it's an honor. I'm disappointed that instead of getting a portrait of them you usually just get a crown or their house symbol depending on the canon, but I assume that's to avoid copyrights or royalty checks or something so I can't complain. Another thing I find off-putting is the wait for building and quests but that allows me to multitask on other things I should be doing while playing so it works for me.

For those wanting to check the game out yourself: Play Game of Thrones Ascent Free (http://gota.disruptorbeam.com/)

Mercen-X
04-18-2014, 08:48 PM
I take the name Brayard Tailor, Highborn Bastard... and then I quit because I've played this style of game too many times and been bored of it too many times.

Vyk
04-18-2014, 11:05 PM
I take it, this is the Facebook'y/Zynga style Game of Thrones game, and not the multiplatform "big" budget Game of Thrones game? I've actually heard surprisingly good things about that one. Though depending on the source, some people are pleasantly surprised by the one that made it onto consoles as well. But I may have a look-see in my spare time, once I catch back up on the series this season. Waiting for a good few episodes in to have a mid-season marathon, rather than wait achingly between episodes

Ayen
04-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah, this is the Facebook/Zynga one. I still haven't gotten around to playing the one I got for PS3.