PDA

View Full Version : I Won't Forget You, Elmyra

Forsaken Lover
04-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Remember her? Aeris' mom? Was taking care of Marlene?

Then later on Marlene is kidnapped and held hostage by Shinra and Aeris dies.

..but Elmyra's never mentioned. Nobody thought "we should tell her that her daughter died" or "did Shinra rough her up to get Marlene?"

Sephiroth
04-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Cloud brings flowers from her to Aerith's grave lake in On the Way to a Smile.

Jiro
04-19-2014, 01:14 AM
This is one of the things that saddens me most. They find Elmyra to say Aerith is kidnapped, but when she dies, nobody thinks to mention it.

Big D
04-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Reeve totally went to see her after Aerith's death. If you talk to Cait Sith on the bridge of the Highwind (I forget exactly when in the story, but possibly after the 'ancient key' episode at the Forgotten City), he says that he told Elmyra about Aerith's loss, and that Elmyra and Marlene were both deeply affected.

Jiro
04-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Oh, that's nice :)

Sephiroth
04-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Was the flower post not enough to show she knew it?

If it didn't happen in-game, it's non-canon so saith fanon.

You have no idea what canon means and how it is decided. "Canon" means "to count" in the context of fictional story and not whatever fans always think or what they think they can define. They write it, they have the right to make it count. If it is an official part of the story from people who legally own it, it is canon. End of story. Fanon is your idea.

EDIT: No matter what you think, I know you are trolling in old PuPu-style like a true ranting fanboy posting for the sake of just saying something without using the full official material with the right context (ignoring the axioms of communication at its finest and so not understanding what was intended), but axiomatic things are axiomatic and law is law. That is proven all the time by you making a claim and absolutely ignoring Final Fantasy. You cannot decide it, the creators do. And when they create something and make it an official part of their world it is canonical. That is how it is and nothing else. They have the rights. And you don't know the canonicity. The Ultimania Omega and the Compilation are the fact that the earth is spinning and no matter what you think or claim, it is like this. You claiming to know things but not accepting officially right material is amusing at best so I will no longer waste my time. The earth will spin without you knowing and even when you're gone. Square decides what is canonical. They make something more official for the universe so it is canonical. You think of something as your head-canon and are a fan, so what you think but does not fit the canonical material, is fanon.

Mercen-X
04-19-2014, 08:03 AM
If it didn't happen in-game, it's non-canon so saith fanon.

Forsaken Lover
04-20-2014, 03:48 AM
We were only talking about the game, Sephiroth, not a story that came out several years after the game.

Ayen
04-20-2014, 04:14 AM
I remember her, I can just never remember her name.

I'm not sure if I ever caught that Cait Sith discussion myself. I was a teenager and didn't have a computer the last time I played it to completion.

Mercen-X
04-20-2014, 06:30 AM
I always mistook her for Cloud's mother. Has a ring to it. Elmyra Strife.

Ayen
04-20-2014, 06:41 AM
Plot twist: Cloud and Aerith were brother and sister all along!
Cloud/Aerith shippers aren't the least bit hindered by this development.

Mercen-X
04-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Plot twist: Cloud and Aerith were brother and sister all along!
Cloud/Aerith shippers aren't the least bit hindered by this development fight even harder for this ship.