PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Aulayna
04-18-2014, 11:57 PM
Wasn't that amazing to me.

I felt like the film had serious pacing issues in places, and some of the action sequences really reaked of "made for 3D" directing. Admittedly the special effects in them was pretty cool. The whole thing just didn't really feel.. cohesive... though.

Admittedly, I've never really been a huge Spider-Man fan, he's one of the few "heroes" in the Marvel universe I find it hard to get behind.

Plus, I'm still torn on whether the electronic/dubstep music during the Electro fights was inspired, corny, or both.

I guess it also didn't help that I knew a certain character was going to die too...

Still, it was okay. It's not the worst of the Spidey series, old or new, but it's certainly only mid-table for me.

(also apparently, it's not even out in the USA until the 2nd May (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1872181/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf)- not that you're missing much!)

Ayen
04-19-2014, 12:34 AM
With all the villains they're launching at it pacing issues wouldn't surprise me. It has the same number of villains included as Spider-Man 3 had and that movie was all over the place. We plan to see it on my mom's day off after it's released in May and I even plan to play Spider-Man 2 Enter Electro in its honor. I have enjoyed all of the Spider-Man movies, even 3 despite its many flaws, and he is my favorite comic book superhero so I'm looking forward to it.

Night Fury
04-19-2014, 03:34 PM
I thought it was absolutely fantastic, and at times incredibly beautifully done.
Can I also request that you put a spoiler tag in the op? I'd hatr for thr movie to be potentially spoiled!

Drift
04-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Andrew Garfield as Spidey is spot on I think, he's got the wit and the attitude as portrayed in the ASM comics. This film was a bit 50-50 imo, once I sat down to think about the film after watching it. I really liked the equalizer fight which also cements Hans Zimmer and Pharell into the score for the film.
I have general gripes about the ASM films (Parker not being a full-on scientist for one) but I really enjoyed them. Can't wait for Marvel Studios to pick it back up though. That could get interesting