PDA

View Full Version : >> Minecraft PS3.

black orb
04-21-2014, 04:40 AM
>>> Minecraft is having a PS3 physical (the only way I can get games) release soon and Im planning to get it, but Im not really sure yet.

Looks like Minecraft is one of those love it or hate it games, I have never played it before and all I know is that is some sort of Lego. After I watched some people recreating Dark Souls maps I got more interested, it looks like you can recreate any game map there.

Now for those who have played it..
is Minecraft worth the time? or I should just avoid it? :luca:

Psychotic
04-21-2014, 11:36 AM
I have it on the 360 and it's like crack.

Shorty
04-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Really fun to play with others!

Mirage
04-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Why can't you get it digitally? The game is insanely small.

black orb
04-21-2014, 02:32 PM
>>> I dont have an internet connection.:luca:

Dat Matt
04-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Minecraft is never something I've gotten into. I would need to have a set idea of what I wanted to do before setting out to do it. I like structure to my games so I'd need some sort of objective when setting out to play minecraft.

I played for about 20 minutes, made a penis and gave up. Apparently that's all my imagination will let me do.

Iceglow
04-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Fucking Isengard without fucking scale calculations, nightmares resulting from that... Giant creeper statues. I'm pretty fucking sure Minecraft is awesome right guys?

black orb
04-22-2014, 03:32 AM
I played for about 20 minutes, made a penis and gave up. Apparently that's all my imagination will let me do.
>>> If I get the game I`ll try to make a cactuar..:luca:

Sephex
04-22-2014, 04:38 AM
I have only ever played in survival mode. I built a big tower with a giant glass house on top. I am currently extending the bottom of the tower to include an enclosed hallway that leads to another natural mountain, where I will build another structure of some sort. I know I can go into free mode or whatever and easily make what I feel like without any opposition, but I find it satisfying to scavenge for materials and avoid danger. That said, I think I am going to make a free mode file and just go nuts with it someday.

I don't play it very often, but it's not because of a lack of interest, but for a lack of time. If you have a friend that has it on whatever, play it there and see how you feel. Otherwise, just look up videos of long playthroughs in as many modes as you can to see if you will dig it.

Mirage
04-22-2014, 06:46 AM

i don't think I would even want to play it if I couldn't play it online, but each to their own :p

black orb
04-23-2014, 12:01 AM

i don't think I would even want to play it if I couldn't play it online, but each to their own :p
>>> I dont like to play online, Im an antisocial mothersmurfer..:luca:

Kalevala
04-24-2014, 12:02 AM
My room-mate in my first year of university and I used to build a bunch of things in the same world. He built a massive underwater fortress complete with a bunch of traps and secrets. I'm still convinced he hid some dark things down there.

We used to grief each other by hiding TNT around each other's work when the other had left for class or to go to the cafeteria. He had a massive roller coaster tower that "mysteriously" blew up on him mid-ride.

Iceglow
04-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Minecraft is amazing, single player however, can after some time get tedious. Once you've got a healthy supply of Iron then you're pretty much invincible barring some major fuck ups with lava/creepers.

Multi-player however, adds a whole lot more to the scale of things. Not to mention you can be all "oooh look what I built" to your friends and so forth. As I'm sure people who've seen what Myself, Paul, Ashley and Ms Cobb have built together on the 360 version will testify to. We love building and then showing things off. We also love apocalyptic scale destruction in the form of fire and TNT (for example the time myself and Paul literally decided to blow "The End" up with TNT by covering the whole area in TNT and detonating it all).

Most assuredly, even people not a fan of playing online normally would like to play this game online purely because part of the fun is showing your massively impressive and time consuming projects off.

black orb
04-25-2014, 04:38 PM
>>> Ok, I wont get this game.. This thread and all your replies opened my eyes. I`ll use the money to feed my cat..:luca:

Mirage
04-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Does this mean you wouldn't have fed your cat if you had bought the game?

I kind of feel like a hero now.

Pike
04-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Speaking of Minecraft, apparently someone made a 1:1 scale version of all of Denmark: Madness: The Entirety Of Denmark Recreated In Minecraft | Rock, Paper, Shotgun (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/25/minecraft-denmark-mods-maps/)

(fun fact: all of Denmark fits in 1 terabyte)