PDA

View Full Version : Wine

Shorty
04-22-2014, 03:39 AM
What kinds of wine do you like?

I am a solid red gal. I dislike white but will drink it for toasts, etc, or if I really wanted to get a little buzz and there was nothing else.

Also, this accurately describes me when I order wine at a restaurant:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f7/d9/ec/f7d9ec576379f7d66c0efc9970dab388.jpg

There was a damn cheap brand in California that I really loved called Black Swan, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere else! I just bought a brand called Lucky Duck with a selection from Australia (close enough, right), and I was worried it would be a little too sweet at first, but it's quite lovely!

I do not like fruity wines. Not at all. Gross.

What kind of wine do you like?

noxious.sunshine
04-22-2014, 03:48 AM
I prefer white- something on the drier side- Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, sometimes Sauvignon Blanc. Riesling is pushing it on the sweet side- it just depends on the brand.

Moscato is an -absolute- hell to the mf-ing no. It's like drinking straight up sugar. I also do not like White Zin, Red Rose, and Burgundy, although the last 2 are used in my ex's recipe for sangria.

Very cliche, but I like Yellow Tail, Sutter Home, and occasionally I'll drink Barefoot. Black Opal is another decent one. For a long while, I drank Hardy's (I think that's what it's called).. My fav liquor store had it in their 1/2 off bin, so it was only $5 for a 750 mL bottle.

Pumpkin
04-22-2014, 03:49 AM
The only kind of wine that I've found I like is Chardonnay. I prefer white to red but I dislike both.

Wolf Kanno
04-22-2014, 06:44 AM
I am pretty much a Red Wine guy, though I don't have refined taste and I'm probably more on the cheap side for this but I wouldn't mind trying out more expensive brands.

Miss Mae
04-22-2014, 06:52 AM
I didn't enjoy wine at all until somebody gave me white mixed with juice, which was really nice. I also don't mind sangria. Wine on its own though is really not my jam; much more into spirits.

noxious.sunshine
04-22-2014, 02:04 PM
I used to mix chardonnay with sprite when I was pregnant. That way I could stretch it out to 4 glasses a week instead of just having 2.

blackmage_nuke
04-22-2014, 02:18 PM
I dislike wine. I'll drink it at a fancy party if theres nothing else but the only wine I've liked was a light red one which tasted more like grape juice to the point where I think it was just 50% wine 50% grape juice.

Beer when Im happy, Whiskey when Im not.

Bubba
04-22-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm definitely a white man, in both wine and in skin colour. There aren't many Chardonnays that I like. Pinot Grigio is my preference (though there is the occasional awful one) along with Sauvignon Blanc. I've had a few nice Rieslings in my time too.

I'm not a big fan of red wine unless it's part of a huge jug of Sangria.

Parker
04-22-2014, 03:11 PM
ill drink any wine shoved into my hands, pretty much. if i have a choice, red. im not a wine buff by any stretch. i loveit all.

Jess
04-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I will only drink Rose, but I don't love it.

Shauna
04-22-2014, 03:30 PM
I will drink all wines. Some of them taste better than others, but I will happily drink a glass if I am offered.

My flatmate and I used to go to the corner shop and pick up 3 bottles of wine for £10. They were bad quality wine, but I think it has allowed my taste to become accustomed to wine, which was something I didn't particularly enjoy much before this.

Bolivar
04-22-2014, 06:08 PM
I usually go for Cabernet. I used to really like Chardonnay but it might be too sweet for my tastes now.

Kalevala
04-23-2014, 10:37 AM
I enjoy both red and white, but I prefer white. There's an American vineyard called Fetzer Valley that makes a variety of different Earth-friendly wines. Their stuff is great, as well as affordable.

Pike
04-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Every single time I see this thread I assume we're talking about a Linux program and I get confused

Anyways I don't like wine (the drink). I do like Wine (the program) because it lets me play games.

Jiro
04-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Wine's fineries are lost on me. I just drink lots of it until the taste is numbed.

Big D
04-23-2014, 11:24 AM
I tend to go for solid, well-rounded reds, like a good pinot noir, or a sweet, smooth white like a riesling, gewurztraminer or pinot gris. Reds for dinner, whites or dessert whites for dessert (obviously) or after-dinner chat with awesome people.

fire_of_avalon
04-23-2014, 04:17 PM
I don't know anything about wine except that the first time.I tried it I had the single worst hangover of my life.