PDA

View Full Version : Things you've noticed in movies

Shorty
04-22-2014, 04:39 AM
http://x111.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/fifth_element_cigarette_prices_bruce_willis.jpg

TWO THIRDS OF THE DAMN CIGARETTE IS A FILTER (from The Fifth Element, one of the greatest sci fi movies ever created)

What have you got?

noxious.sunshine
04-22-2014, 05:17 AM
The boat yard in the beginning of 2 Fast 2 Furious (when Brian and Tyrese race for the job for the Cuban dude) is a Sea Ray dealership in Miami. And I've been there once.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-22-2014, 05:25 AM
In the first Charlie's Angels when Drew Barrymore falls down a cliff and lands at the back of these kids house. They're playing Final Fantasy VIII....multiplayer.

blackmage_nuke
04-22-2014, 05:28 AM
I notice something I didnt see before in TFE every time I watch it. It's the movie that keeps on giving.

I havent noticed anything worth posting unfortunately :(

Spooniest
04-22-2014, 01:47 PM
In Star Trek II, Chekov and Terrell appear on the bridge of the Reliant in the "Round perdition's flames" scene with Khan and Joachin. They were supposed to have been stuffed in the locker on Regula 1 already, because the scene starts with "Course change to intercept Enterprise ready, sir." "Excellent."

What's known as a continuity error.

Bubba
04-22-2014, 01:55 PM
In Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, I noticed that Robin Hood's Nottingham accent sounds a lot like a Californian accent.

They must have done terrible things to him in that prison in Jerusalem

Mercen-X
04-23-2014, 08:57 AM
In the first Charlie's Angels when Drew Barrymore falls down a cliff and lands at the back of these kids house. They're playing Final Fantasy VIII....multiplayer.

They also continually press the buttons despite the fact that we can see there are no selections being made onscreen. If they wanted the kids to pretend to play an action game, they should have put an action game on the screen.

fire_of_avalon
04-23-2014, 02:33 PM
http://x111.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/fifth_element_cigarette_prices_bruce_willis.jpg

TWO THIRDS OF THE DAMN CIGARETTE IS A FILTER (from The Fifth Element, one of the greatest sci fi movies ever created)

What have you got?
It's intentional. He's trying to quit!

Shiny
04-25-2014, 06:15 AM

HAhahaja I noticed this as well and was like WTf in the theater. Stupid prop person not knowing anything about vidyas.

This post would get way too long if I listed things I noticed. I try to just watch a film without pointing out the obvious continuity or logic issues but it's hard. I love however when I discover things I didn't notice watching it the first time.

Sephex
04-25-2014, 06:42 AM
This isn't about any movie in particular, but something I have noticed about movies in general.

No one actually ends a phone call by saying "goodbye" or something. Both characters magically know that the phone conversation is over. Random example I am making up:

Person1: Yeah, I saw it on the news, man.

Person2: Did you see when the monster destroyed the civic center?!

Person1: Yeah, they wouldn't stop repeating it!

Person2: It was crazy!

Person1: Yeah...

*both hang up*

Pumpkin
04-25-2014, 07:04 AM
This isn't about any movie in particular, but something I have noticed about movies in general.

No one actually ends a phone call by saying "goodbye" or something. Both characters magically know that the phone conversation is over. Random example I am making up:

*both hang up*

Or when hey say that they'll make plans for something and everyone magically knows what's going on somehow?

Person 1: This is super important person I just met and don't have any contact information for.

Person 2: I know it is, we should regroup later at a specific time and location and do something about this.

Person 1: I agree.

*Both people leave. Have no way of contacting each other. Never specified time and place*

*Both show up at non-specified time and place*

Sephex
04-25-2014, 07:18 AM

*both hang up*

Or when hey say that they'll make plans for something and everyone magically knows what's going on somehow?

Person 1: This is super important person I just met and don't have any contact information for.

Person 2: I know it is, we should regroup later at a specific time and location and do something about this.

Person 1: I agree.

*Both people leave. Have no way of contacting each other. Never specified time and place*

*Both show up at non-specified time and place*

Yeah, I thought about mentioning that once as well. I know why both those things are done and other aspects like it. It makes the movie flow better, but I personally think it comes across as weird.

One kind of like what we're talking about is when two or more people want to say something privately in front of a person or a group, so they'll simply turn around and start talking at their normal volume. The other person/people would totally be able to hear them. Again, doing this makes a movie flow better and I get it, but stuff like that still makes me chuckle a bit.

AssassinDX
04-25-2014, 10:05 AM
In Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, I noticed that Robin Hood's Nottingham accent sounds a lot like a Californian accent.

They must have done terrible things to him in that prison in Jerusalem

In Mel Brooks' spoof Robin Hood: Men In Tights they make fun of that fact.

dX4Ik-cyp-I

1:09. Great movie if you haven't seen it.

Parker
04-25-2014, 10:27 AM
I wish i could answer the phone with "yea?" or "what?" or "speak" like in movies but I always look like an arse.

I also like to end a phone call after an important point by hanging up without saying goodbye, like sephex mentioned, but they always call back like "so uh is that it? or did our connection cut off?" and im like "no fuck off i was being dramatic" and hang up again and then they call back like "so were you being dramatic again or is our service just terrible today" and this goes on for a little while

Iceglow
04-25-2014, 10:46 AM
I literally speak to my sister on the phone like people in movies. And god forbid my mother calls me, then you see me adopt a full on military style of "yes" or "no" answers.

Shaibana
04-25-2014, 02:37 PM
the tv is always very convenient, becaus at the moment they put it on they show the character the critical information that need to hear and see.

they never use the mouse on a computer.. it doesnt mather what they do, they just type randomly

Nice
04-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Most, if not all Rom Coms have the same plot. Also in Wreck it Ralph, Aerith lives.

Shaibana
04-25-2014, 04:21 PM
-it takes less then a second for the person on the other side to pick up the phone.
-they always have the person on speed dial. very convenient.
-cars explode
- i noticed on iron man 2: the enemy paciently wait for him to gear up before attacking him.

this channel is perfect for this thread
Cinema sins.. enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYUQQgogVeQY8cMQamhHJcg

Mercen-X
04-29-2014, 09:36 PM
I wish i could answer the phone with "yea?" or "what?" or "speak" like in movies but I always look like an arse.

I also like to end a phone call after an important point by hanging up without saying goodbye, like sephex mentioned, but they always call back like "so uh is that it? or did our connection cut off?" and im like "no fuck off i was being dramatic" and hang up again and then they call back like "so were you being dramatic again or is our service just terrible today" and this goes on for a little while

I like my arse-behavior. Most of the time, when answering the phone, I'll just make a random noise like "mhm", "hmm?", or something indeterminable like "hwraaaaaaaaa" (read as low-volume zombie screech), of course this is mostly because many of my phone calls are pre-recorded messages that only play on voice-recognition (that is to say, it must recognize that someone actually "answered" the phone rather than just hitting the button).

When it comes to hanging up, people usually wait for me to call them back because they usually don't care whether I hung up or our phones cut out. The only exception is my ex who has to call me back because I can't call Canada. My phone literally restricts me from doing so.