PDA

View Full Version : If you could change one thing about this game

Pumpkin
04-22-2014, 04:54 PM
What would you change?

I love this game to bits but the Trance system is not very good. It shows up at the most inconvenient times and is easily wasted. I would add something like X's overdrive system.

Sephiroth
04-22-2014, 04:55 PM
I would give Kuja pants.

Wolf Kanno
04-22-2014, 06:22 PM
I would give Freya, Amarant, and Vivi more screentime to finish their story arcs.

NeoCracker
04-22-2014, 10:23 PM
I always thought Vivi had quite a good amount actually. :p

But yeah, Amarant needs an actual Story Arc, and Freya's ends all too soon.

Wolf Kanno
04-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Vivi's story arc ends rather unsatisfactory and then he gets killed off screen in the game's ending. I'd say we need some more screen time to flesh this out. :p

blackmage_nuke
04-22-2014, 11:57 PM
More endgame openworldability

Psychotic
04-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Ozma nude cheat code.

Kalevala
04-24-2014, 07:46 AM
An extra disc dedicated entirely to Quina.

black orb
04-25-2014, 12:01 AM
>>> Break the 9999 damage limit..:luca:

Rez09
04-25-2014, 04:11 AM
The ability to stuff Vivi in a trash bin and recruit the Black Waltz 3 instead.

Wolf Kanno
04-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Considering Vivi trashed that Black Waltz, I would say its a downgrade unless you want him for the purpose of a handicap. 53265

Rez09
04-25-2014, 05:45 AM
Pretty sure that Black Waltz lost to a three member party, jacked an airship immediately afterwards, slammed into a giant stone gate going at least 100 mp/h, dropped a good 200 feet, and still limped its way back up the side of a mountain to continue the fight. I can live with that kind of handicap (I just have to make sure he never gets to fly anything). ;)

Pumpkin
04-25-2014, 05:45 AM
The game would be much lesser without Vivi.

Rez09
04-25-2014, 05:54 AM
It's something we'll never know. :)

Rostum
04-25-2014, 08:47 AM
After finishing FFX HD recently, I'm a huge fan of being able to switch in/out characters during battle. I'd like that to be in FFIX, as well as something better than the Trance system that is usually wasted more often than not.

Wolf Kanno
04-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Pretty sure that Black Waltz lost to a three member party, jacked an airship immediately afterwards, slammed into a giant stone gate going at least 100 mp/h, dropped a good 200 feet, and still limped its way back up the side of a mountain to continue the fight. I can live with that kind of handicap (I just have to make sure he never gets to fly anything). ;)

Pretty sure in my fight Vivi made his face explode, thumped him in Trance mode while Steiner and Zidane sat back and be all like "DAMN BOY, YOU SERIOUSLY smurfED THIS BITCH UP!" and then idiot boy jacked a ship and drove into a wall cause he's stupid and even though he survived he finally got pistol whipped by a clanking bumbling Knight and his princess who changed her name to something stupid.

Quindiana Jones
04-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Most of the issues I have would have been fixed by an extended development time; more depth in the final disc storylines and main character arches in particular. The only thing I consider to be truly cack is, as some have already said, the Trance mechanic. Should have let it the player activate it manually.

Iceglow
04-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Trance did need some work that's true. The worst thing in the world was *random battle, final turn* "VIVI enters a TRANCE" 3 steps from a boss battle. WTF you assholes.

Jinx
04-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Trance did need some work that's true. The worst thing in the world was *random battle, final turn* "VIVI enters a TRANCE" 3 steps from a boss battle. WTF you assholes.

Pretty much this. Or Eiko enters Trance when all of your characters are at perfect health, then as soon as she leaves it, you get an attack that cripples your party.

Rez09
04-27-2014, 12:35 AM
Pretty sure in my fight Vivi made his face explode, thumped him in Trance mode while Steiner and Zidane sat back and be all like "DAMN BOY, YOU SERIOUSLY smurfED THIS BITCH UP!" and then idiot boy jacked a ship and drove into a wall cause he's stupid and even though he survived he finally got pistol whipped by a clanking bumbling Knight and his princess who changed her name to something stupid.

XD

I like to think anger sometimes clouds his better judgement. ;)

It might be interesting to look at statwise, but assuming healing items are barred on both sides and Vivi and BW3 are the same level and tranced, I'm pretty certain the BW3 will come out on top every time. Even untranced I think BW3 might win it, though I'm less certain on that one.

Wolf Kanno
04-27-2014, 12:42 AM
I don't know, Vivi's Focus ability stacks and has no actual limit so with a good chunk of Hi-Potions and a lot of turns, Vivi could potentially one-shot him. Honestly I do love the Black Waltz #3 and his entire appearance is probably one of the coolest segments in the First Disc.

Mercen-X
04-30-2014, 07:06 AM
The designs for Vivi's, Quina's, Dagger's, and Eiko's Trance modes.

Quindiana Jones
05-01-2014, 02:42 PM

XD

I like to think anger sometimes clouds his better judgement. ;)

It might be interesting to look at statwise, but assuming healing items are barred on both sides and Vivi and BW3 are the same level and tranced, I'm pretty certain the BW3 will come out on top every time. Even untranced I think BW3 might win it, though I'm less certain on that one.

Yes, and if Vivi started the fight on one health, silenced, with no items and no gear, he would also probably lose.

Loony BoB
05-01-2014, 05:42 PM
For Tetra Master to be de-RNG'ed and actually have a reward for collecting lots of cards.

Quindiana Jones
05-02-2014, 06:37 AM
The first level of RNG is acceptable, at least, but it's the extra layers of randomness that kinda ruin it.

Ayen
05-13-2014, 04:40 AM
Right now the only thing I want to change is to be able to edit the color window of the text. The gray is just so... blah!

Pumpkin
05-13-2014, 04:41 AM
You can change it to blue, but I liked the blue a lot less

Ayen
05-13-2014, 04:43 AM
I don't remember seeing that option. I'll have to look again the next time I play. Would explain all the screenshots I've seen where it's blue.

I still prefer my customization.

Pumpkin
05-13-2014, 04:49 AM
Yeah it would be nice to customize it more

I think the option is default window and classic. The classic is the blue

Ayen
05-13-2014, 05:23 AM
I didn't scroll all the way down to the bottom.

Think I prefer the blue, honestly.

Rantz
05-13-2014, 08:21 PM
I kinda like the grey. At least more than the classic gradient.

Jiro
05-17-2014, 02:26 PM
The grey makes me think of stone tablets and stuff. I like to think FFIX is inscribed on one of those.