PDA

View Full Version : Beginner's Hall

Ayen
04-23-2014, 03:51 AM
This place is creepy as smurf. The save points, treasure chests and cursors are talking to you and Cloud is just like, "Whatever." Did someone slip me drugs when I wasn't looking?

My joking aside, did you go here? Did you read through all the stuff there was to read or did you skim past it? I never had the patience the first time I went there and during my recent playthrough I just clicked on the stuff I wasn't already familiar with. I like talking to the kids that are fighting and seeing Cloud tutor the girl. That was nice.

"Don't piss me off!"

Discuss.

Wolf Kanno
04-23-2014, 04:41 AM
The Beginner's Hall is always trippy in the FF games. It's a shame it never appears again after VII but I must say I did like the twist about Cloud being the teacher instead of taking advice from strangers like the other Beginner Halls.

VeloZer0
04-23-2014, 04:44 AM
The Beginner's Hall is always trippy in the FF games. It's a shame it never appears again after VII but I must say I did like the twist about Cloud being the teacher instead of taking advice from strangers like the other Beginner Halls.
Combined with him starting at an amazingly high level 6 it really establishes him as a huge bad ass. :lol:

Jessweeee♪
04-23-2014, 04:46 AM
FFVII totally had one of the weirdest ones in the series.

Ayen
04-23-2014, 04:48 AM
There were Beginner's Halls in the other games? I don't remember seeing one in I, II, V or VI.

Pity. A Beginner's Hall in VIII would have been perfect since you start off in a school.

Wolf Kanno
04-23-2014, 04:56 AM
There's one in every FF from IV-VII and then I believe they added some into the port/remakes of FFI and II.

In FFIV's it's in the city of Baron in the basement of the Devil's Road building.

In FFV, it can be found in Tule and in fact there is an NPC who will take you to it if you speak to him.

In FFVI, it can be found in Narshe, in the building on the outskirts of the front of the city.

In VII it is in the Sector 7 slums and and an updated one can be found in Junon.

IX has the Mogster who interrupts the game to explain new gameplay details as they appear. He's not a true Beginner's Hall but he can still be found in Qu Marshes around the Mist Continent where he can repeat lessons he's given.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-23-2014, 05:24 AM
This is one of my favorite parts of the entire game. Although, I feel jipped. I was told to make sure I look for a thing called secret. I still haven't found secret. What is secret.

MJN SEIFER
04-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Obviously my first thoughts on entering was "Okay...." as the first thing you see is a jumping Save Point. :jess:

I'm not sure if I read everything the first time around, but knowing me I probably did, or at least the parts I felt like reading. In fact, I still enjoy reading through them all, if I have time to do so (sometimes, I think I even had an extra save there if I didn't have time to read them on my main playthrough) simply because I love FFVII, and my inner geek enjoys the detail of it, and it's a scene I like, and I found it fun to read.

Although, I feel jipped. I was told to make sure I look for a thing called secret. I still haven't found secret. What is secret. Most likely a translation error, but I'm not sure what they were trying to say.

Another thing about the Save Point moment is the line "I'll probably see you somewhere down the road" or whatever. What is the point of that? Do I see the character who talks about the Save Point again? He/she* looks like a Gold Saucer staff, but they don't make a point of it, or was the Save Point talking at that point, and it's basically saying that you'll keep seeing Save Points in the game (but the previous line talks about the Save Point), it would make sense as a Treasure Chest appears, and talks to you after this scene (for no reason, as treasure chests are explained by talking to someone else). I think they were having a bit of fun there, but may have confused themselves with who's talking.

*I always viewed them as men with helmets on, but one walkthrough describes an important one as a "lady". I will check on iheir appearence later.

Ayen
04-23-2014, 01:14 PM
The save point and treasure chest were talking by that point. Even the cursor talks to you and you talk back to it.

Bubba
04-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Even on my first playthrough I didn't spend much time here. I'm pretty sure I just grabbed the items and then left.

It really is creepy as smurf.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Most likely a translation error, but I'm not sure what they were trying to say.

I do know that. I honestly just find that line funny and like to joke about still searching for secret. I also really like this moment:

Mercen-X
04-24-2014, 01:06 AM
The Beginner's Hall makes it seem as though everyone in the world can Limit Breaks and yet throughout the game only the 9 can do them.

Jiro
04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
The Beginner's Hall here was just the greatest thing. It's like some kind of fight club where they all stand around a little too awkward about it 'cause none of them have fought anything before. And then there's the two kids fucking about and the little girl Limit Breaks and kicks the shit through her brother.

Bolivar
04-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Lol yeah it was pretty cool nd I like how a lot of them came back as ghosts in Intermediate Hall or whatever it was called in Junon.

Jinx
04-25-2014, 12:42 PM
YEAH I NEVER DID FIND THAT TALKING SAVE POINT

Jiro
04-25-2014, 01:49 PM
He was always there, silently supporting you.