PDA

View Full Version : Mad Scientist Killed While Sun TanningF

Forsaken Lover
04-23-2014, 04:09 AM
FFVII is a very kooky game and one of the kookiest parts is when you happen upon Hojo - diabolical mastermind and source of all evil in the world - taking a break on the beach with some bikini-clad honeys.

And the party just kinda...leaves him be. I would think:
1. Red XIII would want to maul him
2. Cloud would want to stab him. A lot.
3. Aerith would beat in his skull with her staff.

Granted I guess Aerith and Cloud don't really know how royally he's screwed up their lives but still...dude works for Shinra.

VeloZer0
04-23-2014, 04:22 AM
I never really got why they didn't just kill him. The only logical reason is that they are trying to keep a low profile.

Wolf Kanno
04-23-2014, 04:33 AM
Still doesn't change the fact they could kill him in his sleep. Yeah, Costa Del Sol was a really surreal section of the game because of weird things like that.

Big D
04-23-2014, 05:33 AM
The heroes' goal wasn't to straight-up murder any Shinra employees they came across... sure, Hojo was an awful person, but as far as the team knew he wasn't actually a real threat in and of himself - just a slightly crazy old man with a flair for life sciences.

Cloud and co. would've had a tough time convincing the Costa del Sol authorities that they were right to slaughter an old man in cold blood simply because "he totally had it coming" or "you should've seen what he did back at Shinra HQ."

Skyblade
04-23-2014, 06:41 AM
The heroes' goal wasn't to straight-up murder any Shinra employees they came across... sure, Hojo was an awful person, but as far as the team knew he wasn't actually a real threat in and of himself - just a slightly crazy old man with a flair for life sciences.

Cloud and co. would've had a tough time convincing the Costa del Sol authorities that they were right to slaughter an old man in cold blood simply because "he totally had it coming" or "you should've seen what he did back at Shinra HQ."

What "Costa del Sol authorities"? The guys directing the chopper? There are no known authority figures. Certainly nowhere near the level of Dio's robo goons at the Golden Saucer. Cloud and company could probably slaughter the town without even breaking a sweat.

VeloZer0
04-23-2014, 07:19 AM
Well, I guess it depends on how many ShinRa soldiers were left alive on the boat that just docked.

And Hojo isn't just 'any ShinRa employee'. If someone kidnapped me and did experiments on me, well I would probably not want to let it go so easily.

Mercen-X
04-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Those robots are Dio's not Dyne's. Cloud didn't just straight up and kill Hojo "because he's weak" as Syndrome would say.

Bubba
04-23-2014, 01:23 PM
You would have thought that Hojo would have changed into some sensible beachwear too. Maybe he has sensitive skin or something.

VeloZer0
04-23-2014, 02:25 PM
It's a fashion statement.

Mercen-X
04-24-2014, 01:15 AM
He's really a space worm under there.

Ayen
04-24-2014, 01:39 AM

I'm in agreement with this. The party fought Shinra and the Turks plenty of times and never went for the kill. That was more Sephiroth's shtick. Despite being poked and prodded Red XIII seemed pretty chill all things considered.

I have a feeling Vincent might have put a bullet in his head, though.

Pumpkin
04-24-2014, 01:59 AM
Everytime they didn't kill Hojo I was upset. Because I knew it would just lead to more annoyances later on.

Skyblade
04-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Those robots are Dio's not Dyne's. Cloud didn't just straight up and kill Hojo "because he's weak" as Syndrome would say.

Thanks for catching that. Confused the names.

Jiro
04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
I think the party mistakenly believed that Hojo was no longer a threat.