PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite Kingdom Hearts game?

Wolf Kanno
04-23-2014, 08:45 AM
What it says on the tin people. 53215

Mercen-X
04-23-2014, 09:12 AM
123456 and 7

Fynn
04-23-2014, 07:09 PM
123456 and 7

Yes, pretzel.

I honestly can't choose. I know it's one of the "side" games. KH I is pretty high up, but II and coded are definitely not among my favorites. I want to say CoM for its perfect writing, 358/2 Days for breaking my heart, Birth by Sleep for being all around the most polished title yet, and 3D for being incredibly crazy awesome. I can't choose :(

Mercen-X
04-24-2014, 07:28 AM
I think I had the most fun with coded.

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm with Fynn, it is a toss up between Chain of Memories, 358/2 or Birth by Sleep. I'm afraid I don't have any love for Dream Drop Distance though.

I think it might be 358/2 because it took a concept and character I thought I would hate and made me love it and out of the whole series it's the game that stuck with me the most. Hell, despite the shoddy camera and limitations of the DS, I even liked the gameplay.

Shauna
04-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Birth By Sleep or the first one for me, I think. The first although not the greatest thing by any means, was super fun and whimsy. BbS definitely was a really well polished game and really felt like the best a KH game could be.

Del Murder
04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Birth By Sleep had the best gameplay and the complexities it added to the already complex story were pretty interesting. Playing as three characters was also pretty cool.

Formalhaut
05-04-2014, 02:13 AM
Seeing how I've only played I and II (damn various consoles!!), I'd go II. I'm not actually sure why everyone says II is so-so. I thought it was pretty good!

Fynn
05-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Seeing how I've only played I and II (damn various consoles!!), I'd go II. I'm not actually sure why everyone says II is so-so. I thought it was pretty good!

It had nice gameplay, but the story was substantially less atmospheric than I's and less well written than CoM's.

Wolf Kanno
05-04-2014, 06:14 AM

Formalhaut
05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
I guess it's sort of hard to beat the first ones story that's for sure. As for CoM, I've never played it, but I've always thought it's card system pretty unusual.

Wolf Kanno
05-04-2014, 10:30 PM
It is surprisingly more fun than you would think.

Psychotic
05-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Spent the most time on the original and it's the only one I replayed several times, so :monster:

Skyblade
05-05-2014, 07:35 PM
This is kind of an odd question for me. Each of the games has something about it I really liked, and things about it I really didn't.

Probably overall, Birth By Sleep was my favorite. I really liked the gameplay, and I liked most of the characters, story, and world. However, I've still only completed a third of it, because I stopped playing as soon as it forced me to change characters.

Kalevala
05-06-2014, 01:45 AM
I've only played the original, II, and Chain of Memories. II is the clear winner. I didn't like Chain of Memories, and I enjoyed II far more than I.

Wolf Kanno
05-06-2014, 01:54 AM
This is kind of an odd question for me. Each of the games has something about it I really liked, and things about it I really didn't.

Probably overall, Birth By Sleep was my favorite. I really liked the gameplay, and I liked most of the characters, story, and world. However, I've still only completed a third of it, because I stopped playing as soon as it forced me to change characters.

Honestly all the characters in the game are pretty good and I felt they did a good job making the same worlds interesting for each of them. You should pick it up and try to finish it, especially since everyone plays differently. I think that to me was this game's greatest strength, being able to re-use the same worlds and elements but making it feel like a fresh experience each time. Though Ventus was my favorite character to play, I think Aqua surprised me the most as a playable character and her story is actually my favorite of the three.

Skyblade
05-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Aqua is my favorite character, and has my favorite play style. I'll probably like her story more too.

But it's going to be really hard to get me to pick that game back up. I just don't want to reset everything back to zero and start grinding all over (especially with a play style I don't enjoy as much). What's the point of all the progression and leveling if it's just going to get reset partially through the story? I spent tons of time customizing, finding abilities, finding special moves, hunting items... And it all goes bye-bye. WHY?!

Wolf Kanno
05-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Honestly, since you now understand all the mechanics, it's actually much faster the second and third time through, also all the character get unique spells and Shotlocks so it's not like your original collection is the full collection either.

I felt all three played really well, I had some issues with Terra cause he was far more defensive than I thought he would be but he is was still pretty fun even if his playstyle kind of screws him against one of the game's superbosses.

blackmage_nuke
05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Birth by Sleep is the one with the least flaws. The combat flows well, I like how the skill leveling system forces you to change your play style depending on what youre trying to level and the story lines dont always follow the movies too closely (though sometimes it does).

I wish Dream Drop Distance followed the levelling style of BBS. I wouldve been able to push myself through if I didnt have to deal with tickling my dreamagotchi or whatever.

Also I dont know if it's a big deal in the end plotwise or anything but I would've liked if the game just had me play each character one world at a time instead of switching ever 5 minutes.