PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer - Disney, Warner Brothers, Pixar or...?

Loony BoB
04-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Let's treat Pixar as separate from Disney in this poll because that's how they started out. So, who do you prefer making your animated films?

EDIT: I have never found it so hard to vote in one of my own polls. Oh man. :(

Scotty_ffgamer
04-23-2014, 03:30 PM
It was hard to pick, but I went with Disney in the end just because they have made more of my favorite animated movies than the others. Pixar does have better consistency, though.

I should say Studio Ghibli is probably tied with Disney for me, though.

Bubba
04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
I voted Pixar based purely on the examples that you gave in the poll :p

It's a close call between them and Disney though.

EDIT: Where is the Studio Ghibli option?

Shauna
04-23-2014, 03:35 PM
"If it's not anime, I don't care to watch it" is the option you are looking for. ;)

Bubba
04-23-2014, 03:45 PM
True, but I still think they are a big enough company to warrant their own name in the poll.

Sort it out, Mr. BoB!

Loony BoB
04-23-2014, 03:46 PM
While I know Studio Ghibli, I don't know the other anime studios out that way so figured I'd leave it to the studios focusing on Western audiences for now. I also figured this means I can do an anime film poll later down the line. :)

Agent Proto
04-23-2014, 04:01 PM
I cannot decide. :( I'll go with Pixar since they have the best quality animated movies from the list.

blackmage_nuke
04-23-2014, 04:29 PM
I think The Brave Little Toaster is a Disney Movie.

I'd say Disney because they make good 2d and 3d movies even without Pixar.

Though there are some absolutely lovely Anime Films out there

Loony BoB
04-23-2014, 04:35 PM
I think The Brave Little Toaster is a Disney Movie.
Hyperion Pictures made it with the best wishes of Disney (who had rejected it).

noxious.sunshine
04-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Studio Ghibli pretty much teams up with Disney when they release English dubs of their films anyway.

I'm not sure if they did with Princess Mononoke or Kiki's Delivery Service or Howl's Moving Castle (or anything else for that matter), but I -know- they did for Spirited Away 'cuz John Lasseter helped produce/coordinate it. And I know Ponyo was linked to Disney as well, though IDK if John Lasseter had a hand in that one.

I'm not voting on this. They've all got strong merits in my book. XD

Jess
04-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Why do I have to choose? :(

Shorty
04-23-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't care about any of these things more than the other except Disney, for their old films. They've put out a lot of good stuff, but they've also put out a lot of junk. Can't choose. Would choose Ghibli if it were there, because I love all of their films I've seen.

Sephex
04-24-2014, 12:13 AM
It was a tough call, but I voted for Pixar. They had the fewest missteps, in my opinion. If Studio Ghibli was an actual option, I would have struggled to pick even longer.

Aulayna
04-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Disney Pixar. But for the sake of the poll, Disney.

Jiro
04-24-2014, 08:59 AM
You had me at Space Jam.

Miss Mae
04-24-2014, 09:06 AM
I voted Disney, not because my favourite animated movie is a Disney one, but because the majority of movies lower down on my list of favourites are from Disney.

Loony BoB
04-24-2014, 10:41 AM
It took me this long to vote in the poll and I've opted for DreamWorks. As much as I love TENG, I find DreamWorks stuff to be better in the modern age. Pixar is naturally the more famous option but I feel DreamWorks stuff is what I look forward to more.

noxious.sunshine
04-24-2014, 01:10 PM
You had me at Space Jam.

lol One of my fave things to do is get drunk, play NBA2K14 w my bf, and blast the Space Jam theme song.

Freya
04-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Shit this is a hard one. I'm going to go with pixar as of late. Disney is starting to come back up (since they absorbed pixar, who'd have thunk) after their 90's high they were okay.... Pixar has been consistently good. Although dreamworks makes some very good shit though. httyd is awesome

Kalevala
04-25-2014, 06:12 AM
The anime option is a little misleading. It's not that I refuse to watch anything that isn't anime, it's just that I prefer it overall compared to the other choices. These studios have all produced some pretty great stuff.

Shlup
04-26-2014, 08:26 AM
I love animation in general. Disney, Miyazaki, Lasseter, Bluth... Glenn Keane is an idol of mine (creator of all the best Disney characters). I also have a fondness for stop motion as an art form, though the only feature length stop motion film that I can think of that I love is The Adventures of Mark Twain.

For funsies, here's probably the best part of The Adventures of Mark Twain:

ak3z2Pm7Iwg

Ayen
04-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Pixar. Never made a bad movie. Easy choice for me.

Shlup
04-26-2014, 09:24 AM

Not (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/planes/) true (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cars_2/). I also hate Up.

Ayen
04-26-2014, 09:46 AM

Not (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/planes/) true (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cars_2/).

Correction: Used to never make a bad movie.

The Man
04-26-2014, 09:52 AM
I also hate Up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6890619/emot-frogout.gif

Scotty_ffgamer
04-27-2014, 01:22 AM

Not (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/planes/) true (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cars_2/). I also hate Up.

They have no excuse for Cars 2 (and I don't think Cars 1 was very good). Planes wasn't Pixar though so that one is on Disney!

Shlup
04-27-2014, 01:31 AM

They have no excuse for Cars 2 (and I don't think Cars 1 was very good). Planes wasn't Pixar though so that one is on Disney!

You're right; John Lasseter was in on it but it was a Disney fail.

blackmage_nuke
04-27-2014, 07:35 AM
For funsies, here's probably the best part of The Adventures of Mark Twain:
ak3z2Pm7Iwg

Whats really disturbing is to the clay children, making people out of clay would be like regular children making people out of raw meat

maybee
04-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Going to shock and surprise you all here. Disney.

Shiny
04-30-2014, 05:04 AM
I prefer Disney for 2D, and Pixar for 3D. There are tons of other companies that do 3D animation just as good: Blue Sky, etc. but their stories just aren't as good. Dreamworks animation has How to Train Your Dragon, but they still have a long way to go before they can catch up to Disney and Pixar in terms of animation.

Loony BoB
04-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Megamind > HTTYD. They're both awesome, though. And then there's Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, Monsters vs. Aliens, Chicken Run, Shark Tale and The Croods. I'd say they're doing okay!

Admittedly I don't think many of them have the most incredible stories, but I tend to be more in it for the laughs than the dramaz when it comes to animated film.

I do agree that Disney rock the 2D animation world, though. I've yet to see anything seriously compete, and that includes everyone's precious Studio Ghibli. I just love Disney's 2D epics (and not-so-epics).

Shlup
04-30-2014, 11:08 PM
I've yet to see anything seriously compete, and that includes everyone's precious Studio Ghibli.

I hope you drown.

Calliope
05-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Disney for movies - but can I point out how fucking great Warner Brothers are at animated TV shows? Freakazoid, Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman of the Future (or Batman Beyond, depending on where you live), Taz-Mania, The Zeta Project, etc. etc.

While we're on the subject though, fuck the new Peanuts movie, that's nonsense.

Fynn
05-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Disney, by far. Just for giving me Frozen. And an MA topic :3:

Loony BoB
05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
I've yet to see anything seriously compete, and that includes everyone's precious Studio Ghibli.

I hope you drown.
In your teeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaars? :heart: I really do like Studio Ghibli's stuff, I think I've seen them all and a few of them multiple times. I just don't feel they're as entertaining as The Lion King, Aladdin or The Emperor's New Groove. I love my comedy in my cartoons.

Mirage
05-06-2014, 05:09 PM
The OP is terrible for not listing the iron giant as a WB example.

Anyway, I tend to like disney movies more consistently, but WB and Dreamworks has some really good spikes. I have no idea what to pick on this poll. It should have more specific studios and be multiple choice :(.

Shiny
05-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Almost forgot that it was Warner Bros. that made The Iron Giant which is one of the best 2D animated films I've seen in terms of story. It made me cry more than The Lion King. Still, Disney 2D films are the shit. 3D not so much. I will not get behind the cult that is Frozen fans.

Mirage
05-06-2014, 09:18 PM
My 9 year old cousin made fun of me for crying to the iron giant when I was like 20 (we watched it together). That upset me so much that i scolded her for it. She started crying and I had to calm her down so she didn't run off to tell my aunt about it.

Guess I was too emotional to think that through at the moment!