PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer for FINAL FANTASY Agito

Aulayna
04-23-2014, 05:14 PM

SQUARE ENIX have released a new trailer for the upcoming iOS and Android title FINAL FANTASY Agito.

Agito is scheduled for release in Japan this coming May. Directed by Hajime Tabata, Agito is a 3D RPG featuring real-time combat set in the same universe as FINAL FANTASY Type-0. The storyline is told in chapters that play out in real time (http://home.eyesonff.com/content/2809-final-fantasy-agito-announced-ios-android.html), and there will be some sort of free to play element to it.

Unfortunately there is still no news of a release date outside of Japan.

3-djx_N-jao

Fynn
04-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Well, we kinda do need Type-0 first :shobon:

Skyblade
04-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Don't be so sure. From what I understand, chronologically, this takes place before Type-0. Also, the structure of the world is apparently cyclical (much like Dissidia). So even if they're in the same world, there isn't going to be much direct connection, as they're at opposite ends of the cycle. You'll probably miss out on some lore and backstory, but I don't think it will render it unplayable.

Fynn
04-23-2014, 08:09 PM
But we need Type-0, Skyblade! :onoes:

Skyblade
04-23-2014, 08:35 PM
This is true. But with patch day only a few months away, we can get it.

I just meant that understanding it probably won't be required to understand Agito (unless Square goes completely bonkers with the story, which is a possibility), and therefore, we might not "need" it first.

We just need it now.

Vyk
04-24-2014, 03:44 AM
Wait, I thought Agito was renamed to Type-0. Now they're making another Agito? They must really love that title

Skyblade
04-24-2014, 05:02 AM
Wait, I thought Agito was renamed to Type-0. Now they're making another Agito? They must really love that title

Agito was renamed because it strayed too far from their original concept. The new Agito is meant to be more in line with the idea they started with (which is also why it is remaining on a mobile platform, which Type-0 could not do).

I do see your point though.

fat_moogle
05-18-2014, 01:35 AM
If they localise Agito and not Type-0 then I won't be happy :( I played the Final Fantasy Type-0 demo when I had a PSP and it was amazing. But instead of localising that they decide to make Agito. WHY SE, WHY? !