PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY VII Concert To Be Held In Japan This June

Aulayna
04-23-2014, 05:27 PM

SQUARE ENIX have announced that they will be treating fans to a FINAL FANTASY VII Symphony Concert in Tokyo this summer. Nobuo Uematsu will be serving as the executive music advisor for the concert. The concert itself will be conducted by Kenichi Shimura.

The intent of the concert is to recreat the game's narrative through a performance of music and visuals. Rather than just cherry-picking specific pieces, the concert will cover a selection of music from the beginning, middle and end of the game. The concert will be held at the Suntory Hall in Tokyo's Akasaka district on June 21st. Ticket prices will renge from around 6,500 - 10,000 yen (roughly $64 - $98) depending on seat location.

The concert is the first of the Game Symphony Japan tour. Subsequent events and musical selections have not yet been announced.

[Source: ?FFVIII?????????GSJ??1???????6?21??????? - 4Gamer.net (http://www.4gamer.net/games/006/G000655/20140416018/) ]

Big D
04-23-2014, 10:38 PM
Great news! For ages, I've been envisaging a symphonic re-telling of FFVII, using its music to essentially re-tell the complete story from start to end. I'd love to hear this sometime - there's small chance of an international tour to my neck of the woods, but hopefully a high-quality recording will be made available someday.

:D

Rostum
04-23-2014, 10:52 PM
I hope they release this on Blu Ray or DVD. I'd love to see it. :)

Jiro
04-24-2014, 09:27 AM
That sounds pretty awesome. I occasionally do a similar thing on my own; just listening to the soundtrack and visualising the adventure.

Sephex
04-24-2014, 09:29 AM
That sounds pretty awesome. I occasionally do a similar thing on my own; just listening to the soundtrack and visualising the adventure.

I find that I can't help but do this when I listen to video game soundtracks in full.

Carl the Llama
04-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Sounds like they want to give VII some more attention, in my crazy deluded brain I can't help but think they are doing this to hype the game up before the announce the re-release of VII :D

On a side note I don't suppose anyone fancies paying for me to go to Japan and buy me a ticket to this show? xD

Jiro
04-24-2014, 12:16 PM
If it were in November, I would go, but alas...