PDA

View Full Version : You're Standing on my Neck...

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2014, 07:09 AM
So I've been re-watching the Daria series recently and being reminded how much I love this series. It actually was on the air during my high school years and was very relateable to my own experiences. Anyone else love this series?

-9y0EjWjwzI

Who is your favorite character? Which was your favorite episode?

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2014, 07:29 AM
I'm also in the middle of re-watching Daria! I'm about to go into season four. I couldn't possibly pick a favorite episode. I smurfing love this show.

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2014, 07:32 AM
I just started season 4 myself!

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2014, 07:41 AM
it's like our brains remembered daria is great at the same time hooray

McLovin'
04-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Great old show. Used to watch that and Veronica Mars on UPN. Pre-direct tv days.

Miss Mae
04-24-2014, 09:22 AM
I loved this show as a kid, and I love it even more now. I did a re-watch about six months ago. I used to relate so much to those girls that it wasn't even funny and in part I still do (but thankfully getting out of high school really did brighten up my outlook on life, at least a little).

blackmage_nuke
04-24-2014, 12:12 PM
I rewatched the whole thing a month ago. It's an amazing series. I cant pick a favourite anything either. It's just all too well put together.

noxious.sunshine
04-24-2014, 12:18 PM
OMG Daria

Must. Download. Now.

lol Back when I lived on my parents' boat (& they had DirecTv), The N (I guess it's just flat out Teen Nick now?) started marathoning it late at night.. My mom actually kinda got into it. XD

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-25-2014, 07:18 AM
I remember watching this as a kid. I think it was still on MTV at the time. I was pretty young so it was more for entertainment value than any connection I could have made with my own life.

Watching that YouTube clip now (which is golden), I can relate to it. I should look up a few episodes now that I can be a fan with many more school years under my belt.

Kalevala
04-25-2014, 08:05 AM
I remember watching this as a kid. I think it was still on MTV at the time. I was pretty young so it was more for entertainment value than any connection I could have made with my own life.

Watching that YouTube clip now (which is golden), I can relate to it. I should look up a few episodes now that I can be a fan with many more school years under my belt.

It was the same for me. I remember it being on but I was too young to really understand the humour. I went back and watched most of the series a few years ago and loved it.

Calliope
04-26-2014, 03:22 AM
Thumbs up for Trent, thumbs down for getting called Daria all throughout high school, although I guess that was a nice break from getting called Velma during intermediate, and Encyclopedia during primary.

krissy
04-26-2014, 03:26 AM
i was Dexter from Dexter's Lab bc of my accent and sciencyness!

i liked daria tho
best theme song

Calliope
04-26-2014, 03:57 AM
Yeah, I have it on my iPod. Daria had good music all around, which is a shame really given it led to such difficulties in getting the show released on DVD!

Dexter, nice :D

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2014, 06:40 AM
I've been watching while I farm Earth Eater for fortune spheres in FFX. I need so many of them ;A;

Wolf Kanno
05-04-2014, 04:13 AM
I found this and it made me laugh.

HBQXugKu8L4

starlet
05-04-2014, 04:40 AM
This show was great. I wish MTV would make smarter programming like this again...

DMKA
05-04-2014, 04:51 AM
I loved it in middle/high school.

Shame it will never, ever be released on any sort of home media.

Jessweeee♪
05-04-2014, 09:33 AM
The series finally came out on DVD just a couple of years ago I think, with all of the music that had been holding it back for so long replaced.

blackmage_nuke
05-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Yea I think they also edited a part of the end credits of the movie in the dvd