PDA

View Full Version : Another Meetup Poll

Jinx
04-24-2014, 04:29 PM
What should the attire for the Meetup be?

noxious.sunshine
04-24-2014, 05:19 PM
I really hate the term "semi-formal". It just sounds stuffy to me.

If it's in the Summer and not freezing, I'll wear a dress or skirt & tank top. Nothing crazy. I run around in dresses all Summer anyway.

Shauna
04-24-2014, 05:34 PM
If it's in the Summer and not freezing

Ahahahahahahaa

ahahahaha

ahhahah

ha

Anyway. Casual wear, maybe smart casual if we're feeling like being fancy.

Dat Matt
04-24-2014, 05:37 PM
If it's in the Summer and not freezing, I'll wear a dress or skirt & tank top. Nothing crazy. I run around in dresses all Summer anyway.

>Not Freezing
>Britian

http://s.pikabu.ru/images/previews_comm/2013-06_1/13700304552415.jpg

British summer isn't usually so bad, but our highest average temperature is apparently 66'F, which is in July. Compare this to say Texas and the average annual temperature is apparently is 92'F you're still gonna feel a chill.

Shorty
04-24-2014, 05:51 PM
I'd like semi-formal. I thought semi-formal was kind of smart casual? xD

I would prefer just like, nice attire, I guess. Just look what your definition of nice is!

Shauna
04-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Don't show up like you've just rolled out of bed, basically? :3

Shorty
04-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Right xD

The reason I want semi-formal with catered food (and I don't mean catered by a pro catering company... just a very large order of food from a local restaurant) is because we can sit around casually in jeans and shirts and eat takeout and pizza at any other time during this meet-up. I would love to just put on a dress and get pretty to have an awesome time with all these people I've known for years and years.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-24-2014, 06:27 PM
Bring a little of everything.

We might very well be having a mock awards ceremony complete with speeches that's put on the internet. That might call for semi-formal/smart casual.

If you're going to be there for a few days and would like to do some sight-seeing, by all means bring casual clothes that you'd feel comfortable in if you're going to be walking around all day.

Honestly I still haven't ruled out a BoB meme shirt for one of the days i'm there :greenie:

At the end of the day, you're not gonna be given the boot for wearing whatever you want. Just take into consideration what attire you think would be good for whatever you're doing that day :)

Shorty
04-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Oh, and in the interest of being sensitive to sexist issues, girls could just wears slacks of some sort of they wanted too. I would never want to force anyone into a dress.

But yeah, those are my ideals. I am happy to consider poll results, though. As I said, we have a ton of people here who look good in dresses and suits, and the EoFF Wedding Crew had a ton of fun being dressed up.

Spooniest
04-24-2014, 06:37 PM
I do not own any formal or even semi-formal clothes, so I'm going to vote naked. Makes perfect sense. :monster:

Dat Matt
04-24-2014, 07:14 PM
In the interests of being sensitive to sexist issues, guys can wear dresses too if they want. 90% of us won't judge you.

I assume if we are just hanging around that Casual will be fine, but for the actual event dressing up is a must.

Naked is fine, but leave that for later.

Psychotic
04-24-2014, 07:42 PM
how about you wear what you want for the duration of it, but I assume at some point we'll have Ciddies revelations and have an awards do and then put on some snazzy duds? Easy.

Dat Matt
04-24-2014, 07:43 PM
"Wear something nice" is offensive to the nudists in our company. I will be offended on their behalf.

Jinx is sorry you two people that voted for naked. She doesn't know what she is saying.

Psychotic
04-24-2014, 08:02 PM
how about you wear what you want for the duration of it, but I assume at some point we'll have Ciddies revelations and have an awards do and then put on some snazzy duds? Easy.

Except not really, because the whole point of this poll. People have indicated in other threads that they want it to be a casual event, and so I was seeing what others thought.drop the attitude or i will drop you.... do you feel lucky, puck

Del Murder
04-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Formalhaut.

Madonna
04-24-2014, 09:09 PM
This is too much nonsense for too small an issue. We need not a committee for every small detail. Wear clothes, preferably clean ones. People are going to be taking pictures, so look as good as you want to in photos. That is it.

noxious.sunshine
04-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Uh. So. Revelations (I hate that word too. So very much. It makes me think of the damn bible) will be held separately?

That kind of confused me a bit- I feel like it should be like the Oscars......................................... Or Dundies. whatever.

Clarify this for me please.

Also: Shut up y'all- I've never been to Englandia.

Madonna
04-24-2014, 09:29 PM
This poll is about Ciddies revelations. The "all other times" refers to the other days we're going to be hanging out and just playing games, drinking, taking walks, etc.

What should the attire for the Meetup be?
Not clear.

While I like the idea of our wannabe award ceremony being in fancy dress, I can accept others showing up something more casual. Not all of our approaches to EoFF are the same, and that is fine.

Dat Matt
04-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah I feel the Revelations should be Formal. Having it like an awards ceremony, why tears and shady deals. So long as we all look dapper it'll be sweet. I for one believe that https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/426316_3327830312710_774793746_n.jpg

Shorty
04-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Oh, heck yeah I'm just referring to the revelations for dressing up. Casual everything else!

Parker
04-24-2014, 09:55 PM
i will beat the shit out of anyone wearing a fedora

Shorty
04-24-2014, 10:01 PM
I hope someone shows up wearing a fedora so I can watch parker try to beat them up

Parker
04-24-2014, 10:05 PM
i hope its you

Shorty
04-24-2014, 10:18 PM
I don't wear them sorry dear

Psychotic
04-24-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm going to buy a Fedora just so I have an excuse to mace Parker. I was planning on doing that anyway but now I can claim self-defence.

Spooniest
04-24-2014, 10:25 PM
I do have a suit jacket that doesn't fit me...

Fat guy in a little coat, Richard. Fat guy in a little coat. Fat guuuuy in a little cooooat

Mirage
04-24-2014, 10:31 PM
I'll wear jeans and a blazer. maybe a shirt too. Hell, i might even buy a pair of underpants for this glorious occasion

i voted for casual and naked, because the two overlap 93% of the time for me.

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2014, 10:33 PM
I prefer casual. It's a personal thing for me, just like, I've never met any of you and I'm really not close on a one-on-one level with any of you and I'm really excited about this but also nervous and I really just want to be comfortable and relaxed. And I smurfing need pockets okay :(

Of course I don't expect everyone to just adjust to my needs, if the majority of people really want this to be a formal thing then I can go dress shopping :v

EDIT: Actually no I'm just going to wear what I want regardless of what everyone else says they're wearing. T-shirt and jeans and maybe a romper or two for me.

Parker
04-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Don't forget if there is a fancy element it will be for literally one evening. If the fancy evening is the second night then you'll have had a couple days to meet people or w/e

Shorty
04-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Jesswee, that's totally cool, wear what you are comfortable in.

Jeans and blazers are good.

Shorty
04-24-2014, 10:59 PM
No one listen to Jinx. Blazers and jeans are snazzy as shit.

Psychotic
04-24-2014, 11:02 PM
I don't think anyone in Europe will even understand the joke she is trying to make. Bolo ties don't exist here.

Shauna
04-24-2014, 11:07 PM
You are right that went right over my head.

EDIT: That's what those things are called?!

Formalhaut
04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Formalhaut.

Wait what? Wha... oh, I see... clever. Very clever.

I have no qualms wearing whatever. I have a nice waistcoat and suit combo which is pretty fetching, but I don't mind being smart casual as well: said waistcoat is killer with a pair of dark blue jeans.

Regardless, I'm wearing a waistcoat at some point.

Aulayna
04-24-2014, 11:39 PM
London can get pretty bloody hot during the summer due to the built upness of it and the smog.

noxious.sunshine
04-24-2014, 11:48 PM

I'm going to bring my Parker and she will wear her Hello Kitty fedora.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-24-2014, 11:48 PM
I just plan to wear my tux I've had since high school everyday of the trip.

Actually, regardless of how formal/informal it ends up being, I'll probably wear it for the Ciddies event unless I forget to pack it. Which is highly likely.

Dat Matt
04-25-2014, 12:06 AM

I think this fight will be the main event of the meet up. Just imagine:

She was s young girl with a love of fedoras. He was an angry Welshman who hates fedoras. Tonight, they clash in an all day out showdown. Parker v Parker, only on pay per view.

Someone should make a poster for this fight.

PS Parker will totally win.

Shorty
04-25-2014, 12:12 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO CHILDREN ALLOWED

Formalhaut
04-25-2014, 12:13 AM
i will beat the trout out of anyone wearing a fedora

I think this fight will be the main event of the meet up. Just imagine:

She was s young girl with a love of fedoras. He was an angry Welshman who hates fedoras. Tonight, they clash in an all day out showdown. Parker v Parker, only on pay per view.

Someone should make a poster for this fight.

PS Parker will totally win.

Someone construct a boxing ring and have intense pre-fight weight staring contests.

Sephex
04-25-2014, 01:22 AM
My bets are Calliope or Sephex.

I may make lots of Fedora jokes, but I simply don't wear hats. Well, besides that one beanie winter hat.

Jiro
04-25-2014, 01:29 AM

>Not Freezing
>Britian

British summer isn't usually so bad, but our highest average temperature is apparently 66'F, which is in July. Compare this to say Texas and the average annual temperature is apparently is 92'F you're still gonna feel a chill.

I appreciate that you accounted for the Americans but now I have no idea what the temp is :(

Freya
04-25-2014, 01:39 AM
Parker's wearing a fedora to it? lol.

Dat Matt
04-25-2014, 07:40 AM

>Not Freezing
>Britian

I appreciate that you accounted for the Americans but now I have no idea what the temp is :(

66f = 18C which is around as hot as London gets.
92f = 33C which is the Texas average.

Kalevala
04-25-2014, 07:45 AM
I plan on getting tux'd out for the awards ceremony, but dressing casual (a.k.a. naked) for the rest of the trip.

theundeadhero
04-25-2014, 08:24 AM
You might be able to get me to wear semi-formal but you'll never get me to wear underwear :shrug:

Jiro
04-25-2014, 08:37 AM
I usually do my Ciddies speeches -- both written and video -- naked so I don't know what impact that has on your theme. I do love a good formal do though.

Jessweeee♪
04-25-2014, 02:32 PM
jesus smurf it never gets higher than 66F that's winter temperatures in my town. i'm going to have to rethink this.

I'm used to driving around the most humid city in Texas in a car with no air conditioning. Expect me in full winter gear in the summer and me crying and refusing to leave my hotel room if it's during the winter.

Jiro
04-25-2014, 02:40 PM
did we even discuss which Ciddies it would be? Because prices in December will probably be, uh, a lot higher for everything.

Shorty
04-25-2014, 02:59 PM
June, yes.

Shauna
04-25-2014, 03:14 PM
jesus smurf it never gets higher than 66F that's winter temperatures in my town. i'm going to have to rethink this.

I'm used to driving around the most humid city in Texas in a car with no air conditioning. Expect me in full winter gear in the summer and me crying and refusing to leave my hotel room if it's during the winter.

That 66F was just an average. It can get warmer! We hit massive highs of 72F last June. For a day. You might be lucky and come around during that one week heatwave. :3

Loony BoB
04-25-2014, 04:04 PM
I am all for "I could get past the bouncers of a half-decent nightclub in these clothes" attire for anything that involves venue hire.

Outside of hired venues, I think casual is fine.

EDIT: Oh, and it was 82 degrees Farenheit in Edinburgh last time Shauna/Mr. Shauna/Lockharted were over and it's been closer to 89 degrees Farenheit in Edinburgh at some point in the past decade. Surely London is hotter? So yeah, if we're lucky we might get nice weather.

Loony BoB
04-25-2014, 04:43 PM
From what I'm getting out of Farenheit, about 82 is pretty much glorious, and anything above that can be too hot, yeah. I doubt we'll see much around 90, though, it'll more likely level out around uhm.. 72-80... I think.

Iceglow
04-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Uhhh, 18C average for London in Summer? And the rest mate. That's possibly average summer temps for you pasty sorts up in Scotland. London however, is a different beast, possibly due to pollution and how built up it is, but most summers will see London hit an average stride of between 23 - 33C with night time temps of 10 - 18C this doesn't however, rule out rain so I do suggest a lightweight summer jacket with some water resistant properties. That's not counting going anywhere on the Tube which in the more Central London area where all the touristy stuff is at rocks out at about 40C (not even kidding, carry water!).

Going out in London clothing, do's and don'ts: Guys, even on a hot summer, bring Jeans and a pair of shoes (by shoes, no flip flops, sandals or open toes. I mean leather loafers/boots or the like though I've managed converse on occasion even when the policy is shoes) you'll need this type of attire for most pubs/clubs. Top half, so long as you're wearing something you're ok unless the bouncer takes particular offense.

Girls, I'm gonna be honest with you here, London is completely sexist and pretty much so long as you have underwear on and something that was once possibly called a belt but is being worn as a skirt, you'll be fine.

Shorty
04-25-2014, 05:01 PM
80's are too hot. 60's, please.

Iceglow
04-25-2014, 05:07 PM
rain will bring the temp down on any given day but that's quite a wide range for average stride of temp. It's far more common to see 20's than 30s. The tube however, will be hot and ridiculous... this will not change unless they replace the entire fleet of Tube Trains for new ones with A/C units in between now and 2 years time (a clue, this barring some new law enforcing it, will not happen)

Loony BoB
04-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh, yeah, I was talking about highs, not averages. Essentially "what you could hope for if you like hot weather" rather than "what to reasonably expect".

Psychotic
04-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Weather Averages for London, United Kingdom (http://www.holiday-weather.com/london/averages/)

Average June high in London is 70.

Shauna
04-25-2014, 05:44 PM
I looked up things on the internet for June last year which is where I got my figures from. x} The internet never lies! Although yes, that is probably not taking into account London being a built up area with a cloud of smog keeping the heat in.

Kalevala
04-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Weather Averages for London, United Kingdom (http://www.holiday-weather.com/london/averages/)

Average June high in London is 70.

My eyes are welling up. My favourite kind of weather year-round? Weather that doesn't jump from -20 to +30? Why do I not live here already?!

Jessweeee♪
04-25-2014, 07:26 PM
I can live with 70. I keep the AC in my house at 80 so I turn into a complete wuss in anything below 70 degrees xD

Jiro
04-26-2014, 03:42 AM
What kind of mental city makes you wear fancy shoes to get into a fucking pub? Christ on a bike.

LocoColt04
04-26-2014, 04:02 AM
Wait.

We have to wear hats?

How will I repopulate with a hat on?

:(

Sephex
04-26-2014, 04:41 AM
What kind of mental city makes you wear fancy shoes to get into a fucking pub? Christ on a bike.

Agreed. That seems rather silly.

Parker
04-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Its because London is full of utter scum so unless you want to go to a pub where you will be bottled about 4 minutes after walking in then go to a fancy shoes pub.

Loony BoB
04-26-2014, 10:44 AM
...really? It's a tourist city, surely you can go into random pubs and get a good meal and a drink in your trainers? Or are you talking more about bars and clubs than pubs?

Parker
04-26-2014, 10:47 AM
I figured we were talking about evening/nightlife and bars and clubs rather than like, Wetherspoons, or something.

Jiro
04-28-2014, 03:07 AM
Don't get me wrong, I own some fancy shoes, but that means I gotta pack more than a backpack. I rock my suit and kicks, it's a great smart casual look while I'm young and attractive, I don't want to be dressing like I'm overcompensating.

Formalhaut
04-28-2014, 03:33 PM
In terms of temperature, I find the English Spring hot for me. I can barely cope with Summer. Anything hotter over 25C and I start struggling. Hell anything over 20C is pretty hot for me.

Jiro
04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
In terms of temperature, I find the English Spring hot for me. I can barely cope with Summer. Anything hotter over 25C and I start struggling. Hell anything over 20C is pretty hot for me.

:hahaha: please come enjoy australian winter where you will cook like a lobster :hahaha:

Aulayna
04-28-2014, 04:54 PM
There should be at least one night where everyone gets dressed up to the nines.

Shorty
04-30-2014, 01:10 AM
To the nines! Rally ho!

Tigmafuzz
04-30-2014, 09:49 AM
I only have sevens! :(