PDA

View Full Version : Are you organized?

Pumpkin
04-25-2014, 03:46 AM
In school I was the model of organization. I still am when it comes to notes. My notes are very neatly arranged and sorted and nice looking. My desk, however, looks like a tornado went through it.

Are you an organized person?

Araciel
04-25-2014, 03:56 AM
Nope.

Calliope
04-25-2014, 03:57 AM
There are different kinds of being organized. Organizing a catered event for 200 people is very different from organizing 15 years worth of files, or implementing a new telephone system. Keeping your fridge clean can be organized, and so can studying enough to pass an exam, or remembering your keys/wallet/phone when you leave the house every morning. I am typically a very organized person, yes.

Ayen
04-25-2014, 04:23 AM
I'm usually pretty organized when it comes to work. Everything else? lol.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-25-2014, 04:44 AM
Yes and no. I am often a pretty messy person, but there is almost always a system for my messiness. For school I had a five subject notebook that I kept EVERYTHING for all of my classes in. The little sleeves in the notebooks were packed past what they were supposed to be, but I liked keeping everything together in one place. Which sleeve things went in were based on if they were assignments I was turning in/things I needed immediate access to or not. All of my assignments on my computer were put in folders for the class they belonged to which were put into a folder for the proper semester they belonged to which were put into a folder for which year of school it was.

My room is a huge mess just because I have way too many stuff that I have nowhere to put currently.

Jiro
04-25-2014, 05:18 AM
I am on the organised mess team. I don't use lists or reminders or the sort of things typically associated with organised people very effectively, but I do use them on occasions and my brain is usually pretty good at telling me I have shit due and needed to be done. I try to get things done very early to avoid a backlog of work all colliding at once, which has led to me submitting assessment for class as much as six weeks in advance.

NeoCracker
04-25-2014, 05:26 AM
Am I at work? I can be organized as all fuck.

Not getting paid for it? Well I can find what I'm looking for 85% of the tiem without issue.

Miss Mae
04-25-2014, 05:27 AM
I am pretty organised. Big fan of lists and notes because I find if the things I need to do are out on paper, it clears my head to think of other things. It's a method I use to cope with the hardcore anxiety I get around things I can't control. Being organised is basically essential for me if I want to keep that part of my brain as in check as possible.

Shiny
04-25-2014, 05:59 AM
I can be meticulous at times, but that's largely due to the fact that I lose or misplace things a lot. I would say I'm a neat person; not necessarily organized.

Kalevala
04-25-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm so obsessed with lists I'll start ones for absolutely no god damn reason. It makes it easier when people ask what your "top 5" anything are, though.

I've organized and reorganized my video games, movies, and books many times. Alphabetical, chronological, by genre, etc.

I want to work in a library eventually, so this is a good sign. :p

AssassinDX
04-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Generally. I hate tardiness with a passion and pride myself on the fact that I've never been late for anything in my life through a fault of my own, and I'm usually very neat and know where everything is.

I have all my video games and CD's alphabetized, even the attic consists of neatly stacked boxes in a coherent order. Electronic stuff is to the left of the hatch, Christmas decorations to the right. Everything else in front, so I can go up there in total darkness and find what I'm looking for.

I never was as a teenager though, when I moved out of my parents house and couldn't find a lot of stuff I decided to change my ways.

Sephex
04-25-2014, 10:49 AM
nO.

Night Fury
04-25-2014, 01:09 PM
In terms of being tidy around the home, I'm very organised. Everything has a place in my home and if it's not where it should be, sometimes it can make me flip my shit a bit.

I struggle with obsessive tendencies, and when things aren't in their place it makes me feel disjointed and anxious and upset, so yes I'm pretty organised in that respect. Mostly though, I'm not organised since leaving studying with my work and writing things.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-25-2014, 01:43 PM
I very much appreciate things being neat and orderly. I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing where I work or live having everything put away neatly, the counters wiped down, things dusted off, surfaces and the floor free of clutter, etc.

I have my games organized by system and alphabetized, and I had my books the same way. I need to go do that again. I've mixed them up recently.

Shaibana
04-25-2014, 02:29 PM
i am not organised at all.. i tried once, but after a while its just messed up again.
ive go a pack pf clean clothes to where over there, and some clothes for at home over there and...
thats just 1 example of it.
i can not imagen how it would be if i have a place of my own

Shorty
04-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Yes kindof mostly, but I'm not a meticulous or ravenous cleaner. ie, I am organized and all my trout it organized, but I'll throw my clothes on the floor if I feel like it.

I freaking love alphabetized lists and calendars and things-to-do lists. My closet is color coded and organized based on skirts, slacks, short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, different styles of dresses, and cardigans, coats, jackets, etc. Shoe drawers organized into flats and low-heel pumps, high heels, and then boots and sneakers. My vanity is organized with all the tall stuff at either corner with medium and smaller stuff tiered in front of it. My desk at work is neat. My books and DVDs were all alphabetized when I had a media shelf. But if I'm in a rush, exhausted, or there are more important things I am focusing on, I will make no effort to be organized at all and don't care.

Dat Matt
04-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Work desk is pretty organised, cause my job is pretty much paperless.

Home life is pretty cluttered at times, but most things are organised.

black orb
04-26-2014, 12:38 AM
>>> Im a mess..:luca:

fire_of_avalon
04-26-2014, 04:01 AM
I have a very organized mind but at present a very disorganized living space. This will change when I have time.

krissy
04-26-2014, 04:39 AM
i never found any of the harry potter video games to be that great i mean
its essentially a boring fetch quest every time would just rather read the books

Shaibana
04-26-2014, 03:09 PM
i never found any of the harry potter video games to be that great i mean
its essentially a boring fetch quest every time would just rather read the books
i believe you are in the wrong thread

Jiro
04-27-2014, 01:02 AM
Is that a comment on krissy's organisational skills? :jess:

Denmark
04-27-2014, 03:09 AM
my brain knows where things is, that's all what matters

Calliope
04-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Saturday night, I went out and bought a whiteboard and now I'm filing things!

Madame Adequate
04-27-2014, 06:48 AM
Not particularly, though I was fairly good about it in uni.

noxious.sunshine
04-28-2014, 07:57 AM
I try to organize stuff. I try hard.

But then my bf comes in and screws it all up. He just piles crap wherever or throws it on the floor.

I picked up his shoes and put them on his shoe rack and within 2 days, most pairs were on the floor scattered around. We might be in the bigger bedroom, but it's still pretty cramped cuz we have so much stuff.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Organized chaos.

My room is a total mess but I can tell you exactly where everything is.

This is probably because I spend most of my time by myself. Back when I had roommates I would clean often because I don't want anyone to have to worry about stepping over my things. On top of that, I like keeping my things separate from other peoples.

Basically if i'm with you i'm very hospitable and when i'm by myself I don't care.

Mercen-X
04-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Once to a few times a year, I hurricane my place. In the wee hours, the area will be a veritable disaster, but usually by the end, things are easier to locate and generally cleaner. I usually do this because I'm looking for something. By the end, it's rare that it turns out results. Moving down from Vacaville to Antioch, I noticed I had lost the manuals that would normally be included with FF8. Moving from Antioch back to Vacaville, I found the manuals, but lost the game. Now I can't the find the manuals again and the game is still lost. WTF?

I mostly despise catch-alls. I have an electric piano that I don't often play and as a result it serves more as a table where I dump things I'm too lazy to find a place for.

Shlup
05-01-2014, 06:18 AM
I'm the same way--organized notes and disaster desk. Everything is in its place though. My craft stuff is very organized. I "hurricane" my place every so often too though.

theundeadhero
05-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Nope. My mess is my controlled chaos and I thrive it in. If an assignment for uni is due I often don't even start it until 1am the day it's due. I keep late hours.