PDA

View Full Version : OH GOD THE PAIN!

NeoCracker
04-25-2014, 05:13 AM
So, in my youth, I have had my arm cut open on Barb wire, and when getting stiched shut the numbing wore off there times, so ended up getting sticked up without any numbing in effect by the end of it, as they'd already pumped a lot into my arm.

That pain was nothing to when my fucking wisdom tooth started hurting today. So much so that my boss let me stop working, and she got me a dentist appointment set up in the afternoon when both got pulled.

Seriously, what the fuck? Why does the god damn tooth pain hurt so much! (Maybe the tooth in particular, growing in almost entirely vertical, was almost directly on a nerve, so I had been warned in particular I had a higher risk of nerve damage then most, but whatever.)

I have seriously never been in more pain then when that fucking Wisdom Tooth started hurting today.

So, what is the most physically painful experiences you guys have ever had! :jess:

Pumpkin
04-25-2014, 05:15 AM
My teeth can get pretty bad like that too. Also ear infections. Also child birth. Child birth without an epidural. Picture like the worst rug burn you ever had and then multiply it by 100 and make it on your privates. Also labor. Labor pains only lasted a few seconds every few minutes but those few seconds were awful awful terrible.

NeoCracker
04-25-2014, 05:16 AM
I almost feel like Labor Pains are cheating. :colbert:

Pumpkin
How is that cheating :colbert:

Jiro
When I smashed my face open in what I hope is one of Loony BoB's favourite stories, the anaesthetic didn't work at all so I had my face stitched shut with only slight intoxication to numb the pain. It hurt.

Ayen
04-25-2014, 05:21 AM
Toe callus removal.

NeoCracker
04-25-2014, 05:22 AM
How is that cheating :colbert:

I don't even know, but my first thought was 'Well how the fuck can anyone compete with that'.

And I never said it was cheating, just that it felt like it. ;P

Miss Mae
04-25-2014, 05:22 AM
Most pain I've ever felt is also tooth-related. I had to have a few teeth removed when I got braces. They gave me enough numbing to get through the three teeth, but what they didn't factor in was the dentist managing to snap the root off one of my teeth instead of pulling it out cleaning. That meant using a lovely pointy stick to dig into my gum, retrieve the root, and then stitch my gum back up. At that stage, of course, the numbing had completely worn off. It was not a pleasant experience.

Unless you count getting my back piece. Those were a hellish three and a half hours. But I usually don't count that because it was self-inflicted. That hurt an outrageous amount though.

Shiny
04-25-2014, 06:02 AM
Getting my finger closed on and resulting excruciating pain, a loss of a nail (that eventually healed and grew back), and a great loss of blood. My brother was mad at me, but I had it coming.

Actually the worse pain I've ever felt is really too horrible and embarrassing to even tell.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-25-2014, 06:07 AM
I've had a pretty bad tooth ache the past few nights. It keeps me awake and it's really annoying.

I've had a few cavities filled before & they would put a needle in my gums to help numb the pain before the filling.

That needle in the face feels better than this tooth right now. Better make an appointment.

Sephex
04-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Gout. I can assure you that nobody wants this pain. Uric acid builds up in a joint, typically the big toe one, and when it does it hurts badly. There is no actual cure for it, and nobody is truly sure what causes it to flare up. You can take medicine to help prevent it, but once you do, you have to take meds for life or else it is just going to come back and bite you.

Thankfully, while I had nasty flareups, none of them were so terrible that I felt I had to start taking said medicine. Though, last time I had a flare up, it didn't really hurt too terribly, but lasted well over a month.

Shorty
04-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Recurring crippling endometriosis episodes which have hospitalized me on multiple occasions and include vomiting, the inability to move or stand or turn my head, deliriousness, and pain that feels like giving childbirth for 12-14 hours at a time, a kidney infection that lasted a week in which I had to visit the ER twice, and the 50 minute tattoo on the top of my left foot.

Breaking my arm wasn't so bad because once I felt it was broken, I literally just stood there holding the pieces together until surgery and it didn't hurt. Also I had gone into shock, so there's that. But the split second in which I wasn't holding it together, hoo boy, that was some terrible pain.

~*~Celes~*~
04-25-2014, 07:35 AM
my varicose veins. I first got them when I was pregnant with Peter, and now that I'm over halfway done baking Benjamin, they're back...and much worse. It's constant pain that doesn't go away. I'm starting to worry it's a clot. I guess that's what happens when you're on your feet 40 hours/week.

Psychotic
04-25-2014, 07:37 AM
When I threw my back out. It's not as exotic or exciting as the other stories, but my God I have never felt anything like it. Whenever I dragged myself to my feet to stand up I couldn't feel or do anything for a few seconds. Couldn't even make a sound, just gasp or silently scream. I can't describe it well, but the best I can muster is that it felt like the muscles and flesh and cartilage in my back was being pulled apart from all directions. I am so glad and grateful that it healed - though my back will always be weak and ache - because I cannot imagine how awful it is for people who have to live like that permanently.

Kalevala
04-25-2014, 07:54 AM
When I threw my back out. It's not as exotic or exciting as the other stories, but my God I have never felt anything like it. Whenever I dragged myself to my feet to stand up I couldn't feel or do anything for a few seconds. Couldn't even make a sound, just gasp or silently scream. I can't describe it well, but the best I can muster is that it felt like the muscles and flesh and cartilage in my back was being pulled apart from all directions. I am so glad and grateful that it healed - though my back will always be weak and ache - because I cannot imagine how awful it is for people who have to live like that permanently.

I came here to say the same thing, as boring as it may sound. I've broken a toe, sprained an ankle, gotten tattoos, had my tonsils removed, had four teeth pulled not counting my wisdom teeth (two of which have been removed), and still nothing compares to this pain.

I'm not sure how to put it, but it just feels wrong, even more so than most other pain. It's a scary experience, I feel you.

Old Manus
04-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Probably getting hit in the groin while practicing cricket in the nets a few years ago. You get hit on the body fairly often and it always leaves a painful mark for the next week, but getting hit there, my God. It was against a fairly express pace bowler who was really pushing it through, and I missed the ball completely. Bang. The only way I can describe it is if somebody stood in front of you and hit you full swing with a sledgehammer. I was completely taken out, eyes watering, winded and it took me a good few minutes to get back to my feet. My legs were like jelly for the next half hour.

I was wearing a box, but let me tell you those things do nothing. My manhood was a black and blue mangled mess for the next few days. I was thinking about going to the doctor, and then it cleared up. In all not a good experience.

noxious.sunshine
04-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Child birth. I was hella doped up and still felt everything. They gave me demerol (2 shots worth) before giving me the epidural & refilled the epidural bag twice.

I was still in major painn.

I don't remember, but also when I got bit on my face by the neighbor's dog. 20 internal and external stitches cuz he pretty much bit a hole on my cheek. I was only 2 though.

Jiro
04-25-2014, 02:13 PM

Yeah, I had something similar. My spinal chord kind of... collapsed, and I was being held together by very strained muscles. Because that is not how you are meant to exist, my muscles were spasming every 3-8 seconds and it was just constant pain until I could get it fixed up. Never had anything quite that bad, and it doesn't necessarily sound bad, but if I could show you what my body was forced to contort into, it certainly didn't look like a pleasant experience. Glad you mended relatively well, dude.

Shaibana
04-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Blader infection.. :l
i had to pee 20x a day and every time at the end of the pee it would burn like hell

Iceglow
04-25-2014, 03:30 PM
So we want to talk about pain? Well pain and I are like old friends, I kinda get hurt (again) and simply say "Hey there old buddy, nice seeing you here again! Oh I've been good, yeah don't worry too much about me I'm sure I'll survive." So where to begin?

- Shattered upper jaw. This was a bitch, no denying it. In the space between the two upper canines my jaw was smashed in over 16 places. Picture that if you can, 16 breaks, in a space maybe an inch and a half across at most. What was worse was that in reconstructing my jaw and my bite, my dentist had to rebuild the jaw by re-breaking certain areas of the upper jaw after the healing had begun to shape my upper jaw and then had to crack my lower jaw to angle my bite so that my jaw would line up again once a denture could be made to replace my upper incisors (they weren't possible to save at all). As if the original shattering doesn't sound painful enough, the reconstruction of my jaw when it was partially healed had to be done without painkillers as I was still on extremely strong morphine based stuff that the Dentist despite being a fully qualified dental surgeon was not allowed to use stuff compatible with.

- Dental filling without painkillers. Yeah the injection of novacaine went straight through my gum and squirted down the back of my throat. With a numb throat it was hard to tell my dentist that I could feel everything. The nurse cottoned on when the Dentist was prepping the filling itself by the way my hands were death gripping the chair arms.

- Dislocated shoulder blade. Yeah, last time I ever save a psychotic 5'3" girls life when her heads about to be disconnected from the spinal column by a van wing mirror. Driver never even stopped. Thankfully I worked with the same company and so with a partial plate and full postal address was able to get the guy sacked for his terrible driving ability.

- Getting run over. This hurt a lot more than it should have. I'm no pussy but 4 months later I can barely manage my old walking paces. I can't run for toffee and need to find a way to return the strength to my ankle. It also caused my rear deltoid muscles to spasm and my arms and wrists to develop RSI as a result of the terrible posture I had to adopt for 2 months whilst healing.