PDA

View Full Version : I'm Making a Superhero Quiz for Work, and I'm a bit stuck for ideas

Dat Matt
04-25-2014, 10:03 PM
We are doing a superhero thing for charity some reason on Friday, and I said i would make a nerdy superhero quiz. I'm a little Stuck for questions though. My format was going to be like this:

Q 1-5 - "Easy Marvel"
Q 6-10 - "Easy DC"
Q 11, 13, 15 - "Hard Marvel"
Q 12, 14 - "Hard DC"
Q 16 - Multiple input question worth 5 points.

1. In what city does Spiderman live?
2. The Character" Hawkeye" from the Avengers uses what weapon in Battle?
3. What is Iron Man's Real Name?
4. What emotion is required to unleash the hulk?
5. What iconic item does Captain America Carry into Battle?
6. What is the name of Batman's Sidekick?
7. What is the special ability of Wonder Woman's Lasso?
8. Where does Superman's alter ego Clark Kent work?
9. The Green Lantern uses a piece of jewellery to invoke his powers. What is that piece of Jewellery?
11. The Fantastic 4 is comprised of Mr Fantastic, The Invisible Woman, The Thing and _______?
13. In the X-Men Series, what is Wolverine's mutant power?
14. What group of superhero characters includes Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan and the Comedian?
15. Thor originally comes from what mystical world?

My current issue is, I'm trying to stick to movies that have been released for my questions, so as not to ask questions that people wont get. I've also been trying to stick to one sort of movie per question. So I've run out of ideas.

Can someone pitch ideas for:

1 easy DC Question
1 Hard DC Question
1 Multiple choice question (Current running question is name 5 superhero characters that appear in avengers assemble, but I don't want to make is too open as some nerds may say side characters that I'd have to mark as correct.)

Dat Matt
04-25-2014, 10:08 PM
I don't even know where to start on that one.

Slothy
04-25-2014, 10:13 PM
When I saw the title I figured I could help since I know a lot about comic books. But now that I know who it's intended for and have seen your questions and their difficulty so far I'm not sure I can help since my level of knowledge skews so much farther into the obscure that what might be hard for these people is barely a warm up for me.

Dat Matt
04-25-2014, 10:17 PM
I pitched a few question to a "Nerd" in my work. For example, the hawkeye one. She has seen the avengers movie quite a few times but couldn't answer that.

I want to base the questions off movie and make them pretty easy, but I also want one or two questions that are difficult to so that there will be a differentiation in scores.

blackmage_nuke
04-26-2014, 02:33 AM
What iconic item does Captain America Carry into Battle?

I hope Patriotism is an acceptable answer.

For question 16 you could ask for the civillian names of the Avengers

Dat Matt
04-26-2014, 10:33 AM
That's a good idea. I can change the iron man one pretty easily and list off the possible candidates. Rocking.

I may need to bite the bullet on DC though make more Batman and superman questions.

blackmage_nuke
04-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Who is Batman's Butler?
What is the name of Superman's biogical parents?
What is the name of Superman's adoptive parents?

Bubba
04-26-2014, 01:33 PM
How hard is Superman?
How many faces does Two-Face have?
From which country does Captain America hail?
How much of Iron Man is actually Iron?

Mercen-X
05-01-2014, 05:14 AM
How many faces does Two-Face have?
YMMV

In Iron Man 3, Rhodey's armor was redesigned. What was its new name?

What is the substance used to power the Dark Elves' reign of destruction in Thor Dark World?