PDA

View Full Version : Junon Parade

Ayen
04-26-2014, 04:04 AM
This is another favorite part of mine once we get to the upper-city. I enjoy being disguised as a soldier from Shinra and joining in on the parade and doing the dance deal for Rufus. Even though I smurf it up every time. This time I managed to get six potions and another item for getting Rufus' happiness up to 100+

How did you do at this scene and what are your thoughts?

Discuss.

Carl the Llama
04-26-2014, 05:02 AM
I dislike the marching thing, I always get it wrong, but other then that it's pretty fun sneaking about and being rude to the others, it also shows an interesting side into what Shinra Employee's think about each other, aside from the marching part, I enjoy it pretty much.

Skyblade
04-26-2014, 05:42 AM
The key to the marching is to just utterly ignore orders. Rush in from the front, and spam the heck out of your "raise weapon in salute" button. It earns you far more ratings than actually doing things "properly".

But, yeah, this is another section of the game I really enjoy, and one of the parts I usually remember first when I think about FFVII, for some reason.

Bubba
04-26-2014, 01:52 PM
I always smurf up the marching so I'm definitely gonna try Skyblade's tactics next time.

I never try to get over 100 for Rufus as it gets you a Force Stealer for Cloud. You can pick one of these up in Corel which isn't too far away. I always get 90 so he gives me a HP Plus materia which I can be busy levelling up before picking up some more in Cosmo Canyon.

Like the majority of disc 1, this bit was awesome.

Sephiroth
04-26-2014, 01:56 PM
I don't even care about getting the highest score anymore. First I always did it but I like annoying the soldiers and TV guys.

MJN SEIFER
04-27-2014, 10:34 PM
I am rubbish at the parade moment, but I can usually handle the Send Off or whatever it was pretty easilly (though sometimes I have turned the wrong way, and can't get back to normal in time).

This is another moment I really enjoy doing in FFVII (I enjoy a lot of FFVII though).

Formalhaut
04-27-2014, 10:41 PM
The parade I fail pathetically on, probably because I do it 'properly'. The sendoff I think is quite easy, and I always get the Force Stealer every time.

Shauna
04-27-2014, 10:45 PM
I always did miserably on the march. :(

MJN SEIFER
04-27-2014, 11:05 PM
The parade I fail pathetically on, probably because I do it 'properly'. The sendoff I think is quite easy, and I always get the Force Stealer every time.
To be honest, the sendoff probably spoils you, since the final pose gives you a lot of points anyway.

You most likely meet up with those same soldiers later on in the game, and can fight them. They even have the parade music (which also appeared in FFIX as a tribute to Final Fantasy VII*) when you fight them.

*You can find tributes to all previous Final Fantasies in FFIX if you know what to look for.

Jiro
04-28-2014, 03:28 AM
Obviously being a moron gets the ratings up, because people want to see wtf is going on during the march for the new president. I think that's awfully clever.