PDA

View Full Version : Corel Village and the tracks

Ayen
04-26-2014, 04:27 AM
Ugh. I hate this part. The train tracks just go on and on forever and it breaks on you. And the whole thing with Barret's village is smurf up. I don't mean that in a bad way either.

I smurfed up and forgot to unequip materia before changing party members so the random battles became a right pain in my ass. FFVIII checking equipment before a battle and everything really spoiled me. And it wouldn't let me change back. That's starting to piss me off, actually. Did you ever manage to get the treasure after the fall? Because I never could. I got the ten Phoenix Downs from the chocobo nest, though. Aerith did not approve. Too bad!

Discuss.

Sephex
04-26-2014, 04:40 AM
I like this part because the music and environment is very relaxing. I don't take the treasure because I feel bad about the birds.

Bubba
04-26-2014, 03:54 PM
I smurfed up and forgot to unequip materia before changing party members so the random battles became a right pain in my ass.

As long as your current party members have materia slots, you can just go into the materia menu and exchange between members... even ones that aren't in your party.

Yeah, I missed the treasure from the fall the first time I played this. You just have to hold to either side and keep pressing O like a madman. I only took the treasure from the nest once but felt really guilty after doing it!

I liked the Corel story. I especially love the train mission with Cid on Disc 2!

VeloZer0
04-26-2014, 04:27 PM
I like this part because the music and environment is very relaxing. I don't take the treasure because I feel bad about the birds.
You mean the same baby cockatrices that grow up and prey on random travelers?

Psychotic
04-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Was coming to agree with the first part of what Sephex said, I love the song that plays.

Jinx
04-26-2014, 09:34 PM
This just in: if you're poor, you probably live in a desert in the mountains.

Ayen
04-26-2014, 10:42 PM
I smurfed up and forgot to unequip materia before changing party members so the random battles became a right pain in my ass.

As long as your current party members have materia slots, you can just go into the materia menu and exchange between members... even ones that aren't in your party.

Where at in the materia menu? Because when I go in there and click on an empty slot the other materia aren't there because they're still equipped to the others.

MJN SEIFER
04-27-2014, 12:34 AM
I like this part because the music and environment is very relaxing. I agree with this completely, I've always found the music really soothing, almost like it's guiding us gently into our journey, seeing as our journey through this continent officially begins here, seeing as Costa Del Sol feels like what it is, a resort. Yes, we are on a long journey, but it feels like a vacation in a way at the resort town, but then at Coral the road is laid out for us, and we begin our journey, and there's something very soothing about the music we begin it with.

Jiro
04-28-2014, 03:32 AM

Where at in the materia menu? Because when I go in there and click on an empty slot the other materia aren't there because they're still equipped to the others.

Nah, it's in Exchange or whatever.

I love Mt Corel. The music fits perfectly. I like the aesthetic. I like that the screens immediately prior give you this sense of isolation and wear down your resolve until you find a town, constructed from rubble, clinging together despite the hardship. I think it's very evocative and quite effective storytelling.

The treasure is easy enough. First time you fall, hold left (or right) and mash circle. Second time you fall, hold right (or left) and mash circle. Then the third time, don't fall, because there are only two items to get. I get 'em every time because I'm like regional button mashing champion.

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2014, 04:37 AM
Hahahaha I just love that weird swimming motion and the wooshy sounds when Cloud is falling trying to get the treasure.

Jinx
04-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Yeah, getting the treasure is super easy.

Mercen-X
04-30-2014, 09:25 AM
Nah, it's in Exchange or whatever.It's Exchange, as far as the original goes. It should show all party members, not just the core three. Scroll down to the fools you left your materia with.

Jiro
05-01-2014, 03:04 AM
Yeah, what Mercen-X said.

Pumpkin
05-01-2014, 03:06 AM
I never had to exchange materia because they all had set materia they used :3: