PDA

View Full Version : Biggs & Jesse the secret love affair?

Carl the Llama
04-27-2014, 05:57 PM
So I am watching the train flashback (the one at Aerith's house) and noticed Biggs and Jesse hugging each other and celebrating what I assume is Biggs return from the war in Wutai, never really paid much attention to it before but now seeing it it made me wonder, do you guys thing Biggs and Jesse were in love or something.

Jinx
04-27-2014, 06:10 PM
I think they're supposed to be characters who resemble Biggs and Jessie. I mean, it was supposed to be like 15 years prior, and you get the feelings Biggs and Jessie are in the same age range as Cloud. Probably just laziness on part of Square.

Besides, kind of unfair to Biggs with the way Jessie has a lady boner for Cloud. :p

Carl the Llama
04-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Perhaps it was just an easter egg? On a side note, Cloud sure is a big stud, able to take all 3 women in the group out on a date and even manages to swoon the hard man Barret into asking him for a date.

And now as Jinx pointed out, Jesse had a lady boner for him to lol. He is such a slut.

Jinx
04-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Don't forget Mukki and the Don. It's not just women!

Sephex
04-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I think they reused character models because time-wise, it wouldn't make much sense. OR....

THEY ARE BOTH TIME LORDS LOL

MJN SEIFER
04-27-2014, 10:40 PM
I wondered if it was supposed to be Biggs and Jessie at some point, but I didn't think of the timeline being wrong. It was most likely just sprite reusage, but it's silly to reuse important sprites.

It's like how Watts appears in the audiance for Edea's parade in FFVIII - it's probably not supposed to be Watts at all, they just reused the image of him (silly, because it's not like we don't notice).

Jiro
04-28-2014, 03:27 AM
Yeah, I always attributed it to dodgy model reuse, because it makes no sense and is actually quite jarring.

Ayen
04-28-2014, 04:32 AM
I never noticed this, but I don't think they were for the same reason Jinx mentioned. Jessie has the hots for me, not Biggs.