PDA

View Full Version : Did Edea make Rinoa wear the Odine Bangle? (spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
04-27-2014, 11:00 PM
I stated this theory as fact years ago, when I was trying to be more like another EoFF member, whom I was a fan of.

But now I am genuinely asking; In the Edea's Parade segment, Rinoa plans to suppress Edea's sorceress powers by having her wear the Odine Bangle, which as we know, is a plan that fails.

However, what exactly happens in the scene? Here's how it looks to me; Rinoa (controlled by the player) approaches Edea, is sent flying backwards by a blast of magic, is pulled hand first to the ceiling, and then does something to her own neck with her other hand, before falling back down, all of this is obviously Edea's doing.

What was the hand to the neck thing in aid of? The only thing I can think of is that Edea forced Rinoa to put the Odine Bangle on herself, and if that is the case, was Rinoa always a sorceress, despite saying that she became one later on? I know that the FMV may not show the bangle, but that could be a mistake.

Thoughts?

Sephiroth
04-27-2014, 11:04 PM
We never read anything like Rinoa being a sorceress before nor see or read that she later gets rid of a bangle that she wore so no. I see your point but it is not more than a thought that we have for many things that are actually already answered before.

Depression Moon
04-27-2014, 11:11 PM
Well everyone in VIII's world can use magic so it would probably still suppress Rinoa's powers pre-sorceress or not.

Jiro
04-28-2014, 03:51 AM
I was under the impression that Edea was manipulating the bangle itself. So Rinoa was forced to hold onto it as she was flung around the room. I don't know if she wore it or not, but I would hazard a guess and say she wore Odine's Bangle. Why? Because the common trope is that if someone is coming at you with something or trying to catch you in a trap, you turn it around and make them suffer the consequences (esp. if you are a villain) so it would make sense. Whether this has any effect on Rinoa or not, I have no idea.

Ayen
04-28-2014, 04:24 AM
I always thought she was choking her, myself.

MJN SEIFER
04-28-2014, 02:19 PM
All these answers seem logical, so thanks (I know my response is a bit unballanced so sorry about that).

maybee
04-28-2014, 02:35 PM
I always thought that Edea uses the bangle to fling Rinoa across the room like a ragdoll, but Rinoa never puts it on.

Then Edea controls Rinoa, so she's in a trance, and she doesn't awake until she sends monsters at her.