PDA

View Full Version : Did you get Yuffie and Vincent?

Ayen
04-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Well, did you?

During my first playthrough I never got either of them. All of my playthroughs after that I'd get Yuffie but never could get Vincent. During this playthrough I looked up how to do the safe and everything and finally got him to join my party.

Discuss.

Mirage
04-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Yes of course.

Bubba
04-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Yup, got them both on my first play through. Came across Yuffie in the woods near Fort Condor. I had a magazine which told you the correct responses so I didn't have to catch her loads of times.

I thought Vincent was pretty easy to get. He always stops me on the way out and asks to join. You just need to chat to him when you first get to the basement. His chamber isn't overly hard to find.

EDIT:

Came across Yuffie in the woods near Fort Condor.

Possible poor choice of words.

Mirage
04-28-2014, 12:12 PM
No, that's how you write it.

Jiro
04-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Yep, got them both every time. Seems pointless to deliberately miss stuff unless you're going for a speed run.

MJN SEIFER
04-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Always get them, and at the earliest opportunity as well. I even refused to acknowledge them as optional as a kid, even though they are.

One thing I noticed on my last playthrough which I can't believe I didn't notice when I was younger is how out of place most of Yuffie's lines are. Well not out of place themselves, but they very rarely get a direct response, and they all look "added on" unless it's a scene that specifically involves her, like the Wutai storyline. I guess the same goes for Vincent as well, but it's more in character for his lines to be "unlinked" to the conversation.

Jinx
04-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes of course.

Ayen
04-28-2014, 01:32 PM
I thought Vincent was pretty easy to get. He always stops me on the way out and asks to join. You just need to chat to him when you first get to the basement. His chamber isn't overly hard to find.

It was more or less the timer on the safe that got me.

Always get them, and at the earliest opportunity as well. I even refused to acknowledge them as optional as a kid, even though they are.

One thing I noticed on my last playthrough which I can't believe I didn't notice when I was younger is how out of place most of Yuffie's lines are. Well not out of place themselves, but they very rarely get a direct response, and they all look "added on" unless it's a scene that specifically involves her, like the Wutai storyline. I guess the same goes for Vincent as well, but it's more in character for his lines to be "unlinked" to the conversation.

Yeah, Yuffie's dialog was pretty out of place when we got to Cosmos Canyon. Although her being obsessed with materia is kind of in character so it didn't bother me too much.

Formalhaut
04-28-2014, 06:18 PM
I always got them, because my game would be pretty empty without them! Not to mention, both of them, particularly Yuffie, are pretty powerful characters.

I do wish they had some more to them though. I do understand that they are optional, but as others have said, they do sometimes feel slightly out of place at times. At least Yuffie has her own sidequest. Vincent goes the entire game without a specific plot.

VeloZer0
04-28-2014, 06:38 PM
I always get them right away. Not only that, but if you wait the Lost Number fight becomes no fun at all. Though I do look up the safe code every time.

One of these days I will actually figure it out for myself. One day.....

Dark_Valentine
04-28-2014, 06:40 PM
I made it a point to always get them. They both come in handy.

Skyblade
04-29-2014, 05:11 PM
The first time I played, I killed Lost Number, grabbed the Materia that pops out, and left. I didn't realize the key was there until I was exploring the area again like 20 play hours later (fortunately I was still on Disc 1). I felt kind of silly. But I have always gotten both characters.

Big D
04-30-2014, 12:05 AM
I've always got 'em both. It took me a while the first time I played - I might not have got Yuffie until disc two - but they both joined the party in the end.

Now, I always get them both as early as possible. Yuffie joins as soon as I reach the forest outside the Mythril mine, and Vincent on my first visit to Nibelheim.

:Edit: though I did once intentionally avoid getting them early on, just so I could see the alternate dialogue options that come up when the party is being led by Tifa or Cid. I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall Cid being amusing harsh on Yuffie after the fight in the forest.

Shorty
04-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Got them both, then regretted getting Yuffie because she's annoying as shit.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-30-2014, 05:03 AM
I'm pretty sure I actually did get both of them on my first playthrough. It's rare when I get past Midgar anymore whenever I play though.

Mercen-X
04-30-2014, 09:19 AM
No, that's how you write it.

If this was an attempt at humor. Failure... critical... or perhaps you really didn't grasp Bubba's point? :jokey:

Anyway, I pretty much always get Vi and Yu. There may have been one playthough where I didn't bother, but I can't recall that far back. I like having as many part members as possible for the final showdown.

Sephex
04-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I got them both. I can't stand not getting all available characters in a cast as small as FFVII's.

Loony BoB
04-30-2014, 01:52 PM
I got them both thanks to The World Wide Web.