PDA

View Full Version : The Questions Thread

Jinx
04-29-2014, 04:06 PM
This thread is to be used for any questions not yet answered by the FAQ.

1. Do we need to have all of our character POVs in one post, or can we make separate posts for each character?
2. If we are a Homeworlder, can we come from anywhere on the map, or must it be at a spawn location?

Loony BoB
04-29-2014, 04:17 PM
1. Do we need to have all of our character POVs in one post, or can we make separate posts for each character?
I tend to feel that a simple break to signify a change in time or place is the best way to do things, like a TV show switching between locations. I don't think anyone would mind heavily if you posted twice in a row if there was a delay between the posts, though, so they knew the thread had been updated. If they're all within a minute or two, though, probably best to leave it in a single post if you can.

--//--

The above is my preferred way of showing a "switch" within a post. But you can certainly get creative with them!

2. If we are a Homeworlder, can we come from anywhere on the map, or must it be at a spawn location?
You can come from anywhere on the map. If you intend on joining a party, I'd suggest you be very close to the spawn points, though. I wouldn't want people to start another party at the other end of the world at this particular moment, because it'd take a considerable effort from all involved to meet up.

Jinx
04-29-2014, 04:37 PM
I wasn't talking about double posting! I meant more like, "Oh, I have the time to post one character POV right now, I'll post the next one in a few hours". :)

Also :thumbsup:

Loony BoB
04-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Oh, yeah, you can post as many or as few POV's as you like. I mean, I posted from no particular point of view for the first part of my post (flicked between Aziish and Jahred) and the second was entirely from an entirely different perspective, so yeah.

Jinx
04-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Alright, thank you!

Pumpkin
04-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Lucrecia is at the end of a mountain range, is it cool there? Temp wise I mean. I know from your description in the story thread, BoB, that it isn't snowy, but is it a cooler or warmer climate?

Loony BoB
04-29-2014, 07:09 PM
I'll update the map thread with a bit of climate info for you, shion.

Ace Protorney
05-01-2014, 01:11 AM
I'm wondering what jobs/classes each race can do that the others can't. Can there be a list of that?

Loony BoB
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm wondering what jobs/classes each race can do that the others can't. Can there be a list of that?
There are no official jobs/classes per race, but I would say that the humanoids can likely do most things while the Ursus as a generalisation tend to be rather nomadic so don't have a job so much as they just travel, survive, guide others, pass on intelligence/information, doing mostly as they please in the wilds but I imagine they would also often aid other races when they are in a helpful mood.

Ursus, being generally very large and having paws, would naturally struggle for things that require small, nimble fingers (such as sewing and archery) but would be quite effective at things such as hunting (with jaws'n'claws), fishing, climbing and anything that is benefited by size/strength. I imagine, as they like to wander the lands, they would be excellent at offering advice (or even guiding) to people who are entering more hazardous/dangerous areas of the world such as the mountains and the Wylds.

The Akim are - similar to Homeworlders and Outworlders - split into two types, those that prefer to remain in the desert and those that prefer to travel the lands. The former all work together along with a few people of other races at various oasis and caves in the desert, and I imagine they have all kinds of jobs there. The travelers, however, are more often than not traders and merchants. There are others such as warriors, exporers or just curious types that like to live out of the desert, but as the entire desert-dwelling Akim benefit so much from trade with other races, Akim traders are a common sight.

Doban are, subject to some prejudice, not all stupid. They get this reputation because (other than their often blunt / loud nature) when others visit their cities the Doban see it as a time to celebrate having more comopany around, and inevitably get very drunk. There is also that the mining culture provides them a lot of muscle and they don't mind getting their hands dirty, so this can lead them getting into some grubbier jobs that humans in particular would generally reserve for people of lower intelligence but high strength. However, the Doban are actually highly regarded in fields such as the sciences, mathematics, engineering, architecture, sculpting, gemcutting and smithing as a result of their mining exploits. Those that live in human cities eventually don't feel they have to booze up every time they have a guest in their house (although the desire is always there).

As ever, though, this entire post is based on generalisations and there will always be those that differ from the norms... and, of course, those that enforce the stereotypes.

Jiro
05-16-2014, 03:41 PM
My question is why the OP of the map thread doesn't have all the maps I don't want to scroll :ffviscorn:

Loony BoB
05-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I can fix that for you. ;)

Jiro
05-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Excellent job :ffviwave:

Jiro
05-16-2014, 04:29 PM
What have we got in the way of deities? Any institutionalised ones? Am I able to have a character worship a lesser deity (like how them Greeks and Romans and Egyptians had gods for every fucking thing) and not necessarily have to impose it on the whole danged RP? I do not want to create problems but I will post my crap anyway so it can be edited later. :ffviwave:

Loony BoB
05-16-2014, 04:58 PM
I have not set up any religious system as yet. You are free to get creative! I think a few people have had thoughts regarding it but I don't think anyone has done any written work on it. Perhaps start a thread!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-18-2014, 07:40 PM
So what is the dragon situation in Sedorra? I get that they are rare and whatnot, but what does the general populace know and/or think about them? Are they aware of their existence?

My main reason for asking is I want a general idea of how they would react to seeing my character Jhera, who is like a, mini-dragon, I guess.

Loony BoB
05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Dragons currently reside on the lone mountain on the map, but I haven't put much thought into it beyond that - I imagine that there are probably a few more dragons around Sedorra but they would be very few and far between. They would generally reside on mountains, although not so high that it's snowy... just high enough that they can see far and pick out what they want to eat. I'm undecided as to whether or not they can talk... at this moment in time Sedorran dragons are not playable. I'd have to speak to the rest of the GM's to establish some kind of ground rules for that...