PDA

View Full Version : Browsing Forums

Rampala
03-08-2002, 10:53 PM
A tid while back, when the you guys were redoing the forum (and it's like, why is everything purple and white?) there was a notification that had "Member/People browsing this Forum" for the misc. fora. I thought it was great, personally, and think it would be a great thing to keep. Bring it back :(

Seifer
03-09-2002, 02:07 AM
It's still enabled, just look for it when you're scrolling through the forum jump menu. It's right near the top titled, "Who's Online?"

If that's not what you meant, then I'm puzzled?

mog42
03-09-2002, 02:47 AM
Each forum used to have a list of people that were in that specific forum. Now there's just the general list of all people at the fora. I think the daily grind forum still has this feature, but the other fora don't have it anymore.

crono_logical
03-09-2002, 03:05 AM
Yep, I've seen that thing at GamingForce, it's like the Who's Online except specific to who's in that forum only and appears at the top above the thread list and a rather compact form. And yes, it still seems to be there in The Daily Grind :p

Burtsplurt
03-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Hmmm... I can see that in every forum. But then again, I can't see locations/ Cid's Knights & Admin titles/ Recognized member titles.

*Confused*

Rampala
03-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Seifer Almasy
It's still enabled, just look for it when you're scrolling through the forum jump menu. It's right near the top titled, "Who's Online?"

If that's not what you meant, then I'm puzzled?

Yeah, it's something more specific.
When you went into each forum it would say at the top of the screen "Browsing this Forum: [Screen Names Here]"

Daryl
03-09-2002, 08:49 PM
I personally don't like that feature. I believe it allows you to even see those members browsing under invisible mode, and when I'm hiding, I don't want people to see me... hence the invisible mode. Heh.

Rampala
03-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Oh does it? Is there anyway to have it only show memebers browsing who aren't in invisible mode?

Oh... and why is the HTML code off? *growl* i likely HTML.

Minerva
03-09-2002, 11:07 PM
I still have that feature.

crono_logical
03-09-2002, 11:52 PM
What d<U>o you mean HT</U>ML is off<I>? You just type it straight</I> into the repl<B>y box to forma</B>t your text, and it <SUP>seems to work f</SUP>or me :p

EDIT: I see what you mean, it seems to be disabled in this particular forum only, it still works in all other forums as far as I can tell :D

m4tt
03-13-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Daryl
I personally don't like that feature. I believe it allows you to even see those members browsing under invisible mode, and when I'm hiding, I don't want people to see me... hence the invisible mode. Heh.

<font color="00B72E" face="Verdana" size="1">I thought that if you were invisible, it would say you were a Guest?