PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Spider Man villain

Pumpkin
05-01-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't know much about Spider Man (Spiderman? Spider-Man?) but he is sharky's favorite superhero, so we were discussing stuff about the Spider Man universe, including the villains.

Who is your favorite villain?

Ayen
05-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Venom. Although I've always had a soft spot for Scorpion. Back when I used to do Spider-Man comics for fun Scorpion was always my starter villain.

Agent Proto
05-01-2014, 04:44 PM
J Jonah Jameson. He counts as a spiderman villain, right?

Shorty
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Doctor smurfing Octopus.

When my dad first came home with a Windows 95 computer, they included several disks of games I remember enjoying quite a bit. One of them was this awesome Spider-man game in which you could create your own scenarios. It was just the neatest thing to me, and Doc Ock has been my favorite since then. And also from watching the cartoons as a kid.

edit: haha holy trout I found it! - http://www.old-games.com/download/3367/spider-man-cartoon-maker

escobert
05-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Carnage.

Sephiroth
05-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Willem Dafoe.

Night Fury
05-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Doc Oc!

And Mysterio is my guilty pleasure.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
During the discussion, I brought up how big name heroes go through their fair share of introducing weak villains and second tier heroes. Rocket Racer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Racer) was cited as an example.

There's several I've enjoyed. I like Green Goblin obviously, The Hobgoblin, Jack O'Lantern, Mysterio, Vermin, Doc Oc, The Lizard, The Rhino, Dr. Strange, and some others. Obviously Venom and Carnage are pretty high on the list.

Calliope
05-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Poverty.

Slothy
05-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Norman Osborn really is the top Spider-Man villain. No one else has had a bigger impact on the life of Peter Parker.

Arc_Master_14
05-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Doc Oc and Electro. I'm more or less as excited as a little boy for Amazing Spiderman 2

black orb
05-02-2014, 06:40 AM
>>> The Rhino guy..:luca:

NeoCracker
05-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Carnage and Doc Oc are both fucking awesome.

Ayen
05-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Carnage and Doc Oc are both smurfing awesome.

Did you ever play the old Spider-Man game that came out for PlayStation? Doc Ock and Carnage team up :smug:

Shiny
05-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Mysterio and Venom

Carnage is stronger than Venom, but is basically just insane and evil. I like characters with a bit more layers and complexities than just that.

Shocker is not my favorite and definitely pretty weak, but he's so fun to play against in video games.

Pike
05-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Doc. Oc.

Mostly because of how fun it is to say his name :shobon:

escobert
05-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Mysterio and Venom

Carnage is stronger than Venom, but is basically just insane and evil. I like characters with a bit more layers and complexities than just that.

Shocker is not my favorite and definitely pretty weak, but he's so fun to play against in video games.

But do you know why he's insane and evil? :p

Cletus Kasady is a psychopath and a homicidal sadist. Kasady is a deeply disturbed individual with a dark past: as a child, he killed his grandmother by pushing her down a flight of stairs, tried to murder his mother by tossing a television into her bathtub, and tortured and killed his mother's dog. After the latter, his mother then tried to kill Cletus, and was apparently beaten to the brink of death by Kasady's father, who received no defense from Kasady during his trial. As an orphan, Kasady was sent to the St. Estes Home for Boys, where his antisocial behavior made him the target of abuse from both the other orphans and the staff. Kasady gained revenge by murdering the disciplinarian administrator, pushing a girl (who laughed at him for asking her to date him) in front of a moving bus, and burning down the orphanage. It was during his brutal years at St. Estes that Kasady acquired his philosophy that life was essentially meaningless and futile, that "laws are only words",and came to see the spreading of chaos through random, unpatterned bloodshed as "the ultimate freedom."

Jinx
05-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Uncle Ben.

Colonel Angus
05-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Spider-Man probably has the best Rogue's Gallery in the Marvel Universe. In comics the only one that's possibly better is Batman's.

1. Dr. Octopus
2. Hobgoblin
3. Mysterio
4. Vulture
5. The Beetle
6. Kingpin

Forsaken Lover
05-06-2014, 12:44 AM
w2-EYUCqupE

You should all watch 90s Spider-Man. Kingpin had the best voice and he was at the center of everything.

Ayen
05-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Uncle Ben.

Spider-Man's life really would be easier if it wasn't for that "with great power come great responsibility" mumble jumble. The poor boy hasn't been able to sleep easy since.

Del Murder
05-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Norman Osborn really is the top Spider-Man villain. No one else has had a bigger impact on the life of Peter Parker.
Yeah I agree. Norman's Green Goblin is the best of the best.

For shear absurdity, though, I have to mention my man Mysterio. I wish he would pop up in the films one day. :(

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Green Goblin is my absolute favorite but I also like Hobgoblin, Venom, Doctor Octopus, Carnage, and Kingpin.

Ayen
05-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Playing Harry as the Green Goblin in the first Spider-Man movie game was the highlight of my existence.