PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed animals/stuffed toys

Pumpkin
05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Do you still have any stuffed animals or stuffed toys or did you do away with those when you were a child? I still have some. I used to have about 50, but I lost most in storage. It's probably better that way, I don't have room for that many now. I also used to give one away every year to Santa as a child. I figured he delivers presents to everyone, he deserves some too.

This is Teddy. I have had him since I was 4ish. A man walked up to me as I was sitting on my front porch and gave him to me. He has some white paint on him, some white on his chin, a missing part of his bow. He is by far my favorite stuffed animal I have ever had. I never travel without him and I never pack him. He stays with me or on top of my bags when I move so I'm sure I never lose him.

These are my kissing bears. They have magnets in their noses.

This one I got from an old war vet when I was very young. He would buy me smarties (Canadian smarties, which are more like M&M's) as long as I gave him the red ones.

This is obviously SpiderBall

And this is Gandalf plushie

Miss Mae
05-01-2014, 04:59 PM
I have a teddy that I loved as a child sitting beside my bed. I have a few others in a box at the top of the cupboard, but not many. I also have a bit of a penguin collection displayed among my books, and there are some stuffed animals in that, but I can't blame my childhood for those.

Shorty
05-01-2014, 05:10 PM
I have a smallish bear named Edward packed away in a box in storage somewhere. He is very regal and gentleman-like.

noxious.sunshine
05-01-2014, 10:32 PM
I have a Teddy, too!

My dad got him for me after our neighbor's dog bit my face and I had to get stitches.. If I go somewhere overnight, he goes with me. If I'm flying, he goes in my carry on.

I feel lost if I go somewhere and don't have him with me.

When I flew to NY the first time- in February after taking care of my dad- I accidentally left him. I cried for 2 days on and off. My dad said he didn't trust mailing him up, but then when I realized I'd left my folder w my birth certificate and stuff w my dad, he agreed to mail that to me and surprised me by putting my Teddy in the box with it all. I cried for a good 10 minutes.

I also had a very large- 4 ft tall teddy that my dad got me for Christmas while he was gone in the truck.. I slept on it in the lgiving room while watching movies, my dog Bozo right beside me. I found him in our garage, but there was a strong chance rats and bugs had gotten into him, so we had to throw him out.

I now have a gigantic new 4 ft tall teddy my boyfriend got me from Vermont Teddy Bear Co... He's absolutely gorgeous... He's very snuggly, but it doesn't compare to Teddy.

Jiro
05-02-2014, 02:31 AM
That reminds me, I need to track him down. He went AWOL for a while there.

theundeadhero
05-02-2014, 03:48 AM
I've had a stuffed ninja turtle for longer than most of you have been alive :p

Mercen-X
05-02-2014, 03:49 AM
I had a stuffed ninja turtle. Lost an eye and began to develop gangrene.

Shiny
05-02-2014, 06:58 AM
There was a giant stuffed gorilla and I would put black people hair products on it to make it smell amazing and have shiny glowing hair. I took the shirt from the Aladdin Genie doll I had and put it on it and then took a real banana and gave it to him. I'm going to miss that gorilla. ;___;

black orb
05-02-2014, 07:03 AM
>>> I never had those.
I got some plush dices for my cat if that counts..:luca:

Casey
05-02-2014, 07:07 AM
I remember in my childhood. I had a stuffed duck that had clothes on and two feet. I called him duck man just like that cartoon show in the 90's. Don't know where he went. heh... that is pretty cool you still have Teddy.

blackmage_nuke
05-02-2014, 07:09 AM
I use to have a small stuffed dog I couldnt sleep without but I dont know where it is now.

Now I have a small stuffed Angry Bird and a small stuffed Angry Bird Pig on my desk but thats it

Ayen
05-02-2014, 07:17 AM
I have a stuffed polar bear, three separate dogs, a leopard, Hedwig, a Christmas reindeer, a bunny, a white unicorn, Luna and Artemis from Sailor Moon and twin Pikachus.

Shlup
05-02-2014, 09:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/2014-05-02014918.jpg

I saved a lot of my old toys, but these are the ones I keep out. Most I actually got as an adult...

L-R:

BJ bought me Eeyore when we were probably 19.
Luna. Just because.
Radar, my baby.
Funshine Bear is my favorite Care Bear, and giraffes are my favorite animal. So I kind of had to have this.
Mister Monkey--BJ won him for me at the LA Fair when we were probably 18 or 19.
Vulpix, which I think BJ got me when he worked at Burger King. My favorite Pokemon other than Jiggly Puff.
Cookie, my first baby.
Tim, the Build A Bear BJ and I made together for Valentines Day when we were... 21?
I believe I bought Strawberry Hello Kitty when Necro and Marshall Banana and I were in Little Tokyo once.
The snake in the front was made by my mom when I was little, out of my grandpa's tie.

A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a strawberry Minnie Mouse from Tokyo Disney but it hasn't come in the mail yet.