PDA

View Full Version : Seymour Flux boss fight strategy video

Psychotic
05-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Read the description!

Eyes on Final Fantasy's Marshall Banana will show you how to defeat the tricky boss, Seymour Flux, on Mount Gagazet. This useful video strategy guide will give you all the tactics you need for Tidus and co. to triumph.

2TUQriBFpYk

This strategy should be doable for anyone who's been casually stealing throughout the game.

It involves taking advantage of Seymour's vulnerability to Poison and Silence. The first few turns are spent casting Poison on Seymour ASAP and speeding everyone up via Hastega (I used Tidus for this) and/or Super Mighty G (one of Rikku's Overdrives which casts Haste, Shell, Protect, and Regen, I believe, on the entire party). I also used Wakka's Silence Attack ability to prevent Seymour from using Dispel on the party. I used Cheer several times with Tidus to help protect the party in case Cross Cleave was used, although, in this battle, it wasn't. Aside from that, I used mostly gems in order to attack both Seymour Flux and Mortiorchis.What do you think of this strategy? Do you have your own strategies for defeating Seymour Flux or any other boss? Which bosses would you like to see beaten next?

Shorty
05-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Thanks for doing this, MB! It's been a long time since I've played this game, so I can't offer any commentary or comparison to how I would have beaten Seymour. However, I think I shall reference when I replay it in the future!

It's said that for the remastered FFX version, Omega Weapon has been given an upgrade of HP to 999,999 (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Omega_Weapon_(Final_Fantasy_X)). It would be neat to see a strategy on how to defeat the Remastered Omega Weapon.

In the original North American and Japanese versions, Omega Weapon was a rather disappointing boss, having only 99,999 HP, not much of a greater challenge over Ultima Weapon (especially considering the new Break Damage Limit ability for Final Fantasy X). It was given an upgrade for the International, PAL, and Remastered versions, now having 999,999 HP; it could then be considered a superboss.

Mirage
05-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Just charge overdrives on your characters and aeons and blast him to hell in a couple of turns

ScottNUMBERS
05-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Aw man I had serious trouble with this fight that could have been avoided if I knew he could be silenced. That back flip crap would kill everyone but Auron, so I had to squeeze lots of cheers in and had to time protect before he used it (but after dispel) in order to survive. As the fight went on I did enough Cheers to raise my defense to the point where all my character could survive the attack. That Total Annihilation ruined my day though the first time.

This is a great strategy for anyone who doesn't want to use the oh-so-lame Aeon overdrive technique.

Mirage
05-04-2014, 04:54 PM
No ur lame