PDA

View Full Version : Summer Food!

noxious.sunshine
05-01-2014, 09:50 PM
What'cha like to eat in the Summer!?

I've probably made this thread already, but idc 'cuz there's been a crap ton of cake threads since I've joined.

Anywho...

I loooove making my Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with homemade tostadas in the warm months. And seared tuna tacos with lightly pickled thinly sliced cabbage & onion & super spicy tomatillo-avocado salsa on homemade corn tortillas..

Chicken salad with homemade avocado-mayo in lettuce cups/bibb lettuce leaves is another fave

Farfalle with thick sliced kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes (sliced, that've been packed in oil), toasted pine nuts (toasted in a bit of the olive oil from the tomatoes), and feta cheese- tossed with some of the sun dried tomato oil .. Maybe topped with plain sliced grilled chicken.

Annnnd of course salmon filets marinated in Allegro Spicy Soy marinade, grilled, and put on the cilantro-mango-lime brown rice that I've always talked about.

Stuffed Bell Peppers after they've been cooled a bit- I do ground beef with onion, garlic, mushrooms, and a bit of tomato sauce with thinly sliced provolone on top

And Ceviche! Tilapia ceviche on tostadas.. So yummy!

Shorty
05-02-2014, 12:24 AM
CUCUMBER smurfING LEMONADE

Time for barbeque! Pulled pork, chicken, kebabs, sweet corn, strawberry mojitos, strawberry daquiris, burgers and hot dogs, fruit tarts, strawberry shortcake and ice cream!

I just found this while searching for summer food and omg fruit sorbet ;-;

http://images.lover.ly/22717_individual_fruit_sorbets_1349223806_418.jpg

noxious.sunshine
05-02-2014, 04:44 AM
OMG that looks amazing....

Yes so much barbeque.. I want a smoker so bad. I did "smoked" barbecue in the oven once.. I found a way to do it online that kind of imitates using an actual smoker.. It turned out pretty bad ass.

I love burnt ends and stuff. yummmm

And corn on the cob, Mexican style- char that junk over the grill (or just lay it on top of the stove eye if you have a gas grill), slather it with some lime-flavored mayo, top it with queso fresco, and then sprinkle on Tajin or Klass brand fruit seasoning. SOOOO good omg.

Night Fury
05-02-2014, 05:15 AM
Eton mess!
BBQ stuffed fishies, tacos...

All kinds of things, grilled corn! yum!

Miss Mae
05-03-2014, 04:14 AM
BBQ is a favourite - I made my dad make one for Christmas last year and it was heavenly.

Fruit salads are nice and easy on particularly warm (40C+) days. I've been known to devour whole punnets of strawberries and bunches of grapes in place of dinner.

Omelettes are good because, while warm, they are pretty light. Also pasta with light sauces are delicious.

Open sandwiches with cheese, tomato and ham are good. And I make