PDA

View Full Version : Abilities that won't return.

Skyblade
05-02-2014, 05:45 AM
So, as with most games with a huge selection of abilities, some of them are very obviously going to be either removed or retooled when moving into the sequel. This thread is to speculate about which abilities won't make the cut, either because they are useless, or because they are far too overpowered.

Stillness
When you write a list of the most broken abilities in the game, Stillness is usually near the top. It protects your entire party from all damage for two turns. Granted, it's only really useful if your Spiritmaster is both the slowest member of your party and yet still faster than all of your opponents, but it is nonetheless one of the most game-breaking abilities in the game, and I'm expecting it to be pulled when Bravely Second comes out.

Jump
I don't actually think Jump will be removed, but I am guessing that there will be a retool for it. Currently, if you Jump before an opponent can attack, they then can't hit you. The next turn, they are unable to even target you because you're temporarily out of the battle while Jumping. This means that, if your entire party is faster than the opponent and just spams Jump (or, more usually, Hi-Jump), you literally can never be hit. It's the basis for an entire class, so I don't think it will be removed completely, but I'm betting those targeting mechanics will be looked at.

These are the first two that come to mind, just because of their potential to make the party invulnerable, but I'm sure there are plenty others. Suggest a few. I'll be back for more, and we can debate how they'll change and what might replace them.