PDA

View Full Version : Just call me Narcissus

Chemical
05-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Whenever I come back I often fall prey to my vanity and often do a search for my name to see if people talk about me while I am away.

This time I discovered I am WildRaub's favourite, I was voted drunkest member by 5 people (don't think I don't know who you are especially you Raistlin), and Calliope appointed me a CK in her fantasy eoff democracy.

I like to talk about me I'm pretty awesome . How narcissistic are you?

Shiny
05-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Much of my free time is spent on a message board talking about myself, the people related to myself, or the things in my life. What do you think? I need a new hobby.

Ayen
05-02-2014, 09:24 AM
I talk about myself way more than I care to admit.

Bad, Tori! Bad!

Shlup
05-02-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm looking at myself in the mirror right now. I'm quite pink.

blackmage_nuke
05-02-2014, 04:23 PM
I noticed a lot of my posts started with "I think" or "In my opinion" so for a while I tried to post without saying that but while I liked that it made me look less self centred, I didn't like how it made me look more arrogant about my opinions.

My hair is pretty bitching today.

Shorty
05-02-2014, 04:52 PM
I think I'm a pretty okay gal.

Madame Adequate
05-02-2014, 05:01 PM
One of my favorite pastimes is to go back and read old EoEO posts of mine.

Pike
05-02-2014, 05:03 PM
One of my favorite pastimes is to go back and read old EoEO posts of mine.

Don't forget the part where you send them to me all :smug: and occasionally ask for rep on things that are three or four years old

Shorty
are you joking

Madame Adequate
You love it babe :aimkiss:

e; Well that was directed at Pike but honestly, works just as well aimed at Shorty too!

Calliope
05-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Much of my free time is spent on a message board talking about myself, the people related to myself, or the things in my life. What do you think? I need a new hobby.

To be fair, it's a little hard to demonstrate you are "actively listening" on a message board, unless you want to quote and reply to every single post; and the alternative, I think, is simply lurking. There's also a difference between talking about oneself and having a high opinion of oneself - and apparently a lot of you do!

Formalhaut
05-02-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm the opposite of narcissistic. I'm actually pretty self-deprecating, and I can berate myself without me even thinking.

Spooniest
05-02-2014, 05:44 PM
It's a difficult thing to be honest with oneself about having an overinflated ego.

That said, I've got it in spades. Welcome to my nightmare.

PS - And btw Chemical, how did YOU get voted drunkest member??? I shoulda swept that.

Fynn
05-02-2014, 05:53 PM
I don't want to, but I'm becoming increasingly self-obsessed. I ramble to friends about myself at length, and I used to be such a good listener. I also think I'm making myself more about me on EoFF as well, so that sucks. I make a very poor first impression that way. Need to work on myself again.

Madonna
05-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Generally speaking, "you" is a completely fine topic, since you are central to your own life so much, and you are so relevant to yourself. When telling stories, it is easier to talk about oneself than others, since you have so many stories to choose from; you get to prune all the boring stories way, exempli gratia like you got up, ate cereal, and dookied twice today, and can instead choose from hopefully a plethora of way more interesting things, like you got a new tier of MMO gear, you wrote a story of which you are proud, or something crazy happened at work with you and a customer. It is easier to listen to other people if they also talk about you, since again, you are interesting to yourself and if someone is talking about you, you must be interesting to them, so you are sharing an interest (hint: you).

Chemical, I find you a very cool person with whom I had more interactions, and I am sorry I have not pursued this option further many a time. I think your having traveled across the globe is neat, I have heard you are a blast in life to be around, and you definitely bring life to the forum. There is nothing wrong with drinking unless taken to harmful excess, and I suspect you are not there yet. And were we group-discussing and -agreeing on potential knights, you would stay on my roster of potentials through many of the cuts (and perhaps to the end). It is good to be known, talked about, and liked, and so there you are; you have it all from one quarter.

I am insufferably in love with myself and others should always be too, and I am cross when there is disagreement on this non-issue. I will occasionally ctrl+f my name if I think a topic should have included me already, but beyond that, I try to abstain from too much self-adulation, as I understand a good way to find friends is to listen to them talk about themselves and then try to relate their feelings and experiences with mine, so we can share something. I think good relationships, maintaining or finding them, come before my own vainglory because my super-cool life is more fun that way.

Shlup
05-02-2014, 10:04 PM
MILF wins. By a lot.

Chemical
05-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm looking at myself in the mirror right now. I'm quite pink.
I look at myself everytime I pass the mirror irl, just habbitually. Xx

It's a difficult thing to be honest with oneself about having an overinflated ego.

That said, I've got it in spades. Welcome to my nightmare.

PS - And btw Chemical, how did YOU get voted drunkest member??? I shoulda swept that.
I actuallt came in third. Noxious won with 17 votes. This largely has to do with my sporadic attendance... the votes themselves were likely cultivated during the meet up... never challange WildRaub to a drink off 1:1 he will spike your drink so the odds are in his favour more like 3:1. I was hammed.

Chemical, I find you a very cool person with whom I had more interactions, and I am sorry I have not pursued this option further many a time. I think your having traveled across the globe is neat, I have heard you are a blast in life to be around, and you definitely bring life to the forum. There is nothing wrong with drinking unless taken to harmful excess, and I suspect you are not there yet. And were we group-discussing and -agreeing on potential knights, you would stay on my roster of potentials through many of the cuts (and perhaps to the end). It is good to be known, talked about, and liked, and so there you are; you have it all from one quarter.
.. :smug:

Jiro
05-03-2014, 01:55 AM
I can confirm that Chemical is an absolute nutcase when it comes to alcohol. The most impressive thing I have ever seen her do is scull a beer in approximately 1.5 seconds, I'm not even fucking kidding.

Miss Mae
05-03-2014, 02:12 AM
I don't think I'm narcissistic; I'm just proud of things that I've worked hard on or that I feel are worth it, like my writing and my boobs.

Pumpkin
05-03-2014, 04:38 AM
I've never searched myself. I don't think I'm a huge narcissist.

Vyk
05-03-2014, 05:00 AM
I'm not even sure how to search for myself. Maybe there's a function where it's only mentioned in post, but I get this weird feeling that if I did, I'd only find my own posts, because they have my name. By my avatar. So maybe my worldview keeps me from being overly narcissistic