PDA

View Full Version : I think the music for this game is actually pretty great.

Pike
05-02-2014, 08:50 PM
I mean for real, listen to this prelude!

DKNZvy2YfUc

And I've always liked how perky and cheerful the theme for Rabanastre is:

YvW9KQ5vu8Y

And how quirky things get when you go underground:

fMgLuY6bNds

What are some of your favorite tracks from this game?

Shorty
05-02-2014, 09:12 PM
It fucking is. At the Distant Worlds concert I went to this past weekend, a combination of visuals paired with The Dalmasca Estersand (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgvaZ1F7Ox8) blew me the fuck away, despite having not played the game. It was lovely.

Fynn
05-02-2014, 09:32 PM
It is absolutely amazing. Have you listened to the Piano Collections album? It's a very nice listen.

Formalhaut
05-02-2014, 09:34 PM
It is absolutely amazing. Have you listened to the Piano Collections album? It's a very nice listen.

The Piano Collections of any game are amazing. XII is one of the great ones though.

Wolf Kanno
05-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Like many of Hitoshi Sakimoto's OST's I feel it lends itself well for a very strong atmosphere for the game.

My favorite tracks tend to be one-off tracks that get maybe 15 seconds of air time in the game such as:

gKebU_3JFrQ

hmkdfFGB8lc

y-UqhMg97AM

gDFX4EGVjTw

OoWDNQ4zIp0

04ZhDN0-MKY

It is kind of amusing to listen to how many tracks actually sample stuff from FFTactics and other Ivalice titles.

Jessweeee♪
05-03-2014, 03:57 AM
FFXII had a fantastic soundtrack. I was especially fond of the boss themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ken66NM40

Elpizo
05-03-2014, 02:34 PM
No mention yet of the completely awesome, one-of-the-best-in-the-series Final Boss battle theme? :eek: eoff, I am dissapoint!

Jessweeee♪
05-03-2014, 09:11 PM
You didn't click my link :cry:

Crop
05-03-2014, 09:48 PM
White Room is one of my favourite tracks from any FF game. When it is played at Mr Bur Omisace it gives me such a feeling, it fits so well.

The soundtrack overall is probably my second favourite of the whole series.

Colonel Angus
05-04-2014, 07:28 AM
FFXII didn't get everything right, but when it did, oh man, it was the best! The music is incredible. Best version of the FF theme.

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2014, 08:54 AM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned how awesome the boss themes were yet!

Elpizo
05-04-2014, 11:22 AM
You didn't click my link :cry:
Well, to my defence, you said "boss themes", not "final boss theme", so I assumed your link would lead to one of the boss themes, not the final boss theme.

Forsaken Lover
05-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Why i will never hate the Great Crystal like so many others do.
xZ2rw-VDwfA

That song is just so beautifully eerie.

QjP6z0YOlSA

Gonna be honest here, it took me a long, long while to be sold on XII. Everything at the beginning was so boring - just desert and more desert and you couldn't really explore or do anything. However once you can finally begin to explore the fabulously constructed world of Ivalice ie. once you head for the Garif village, you begin to comprehend XII's greatness. Every time I replay this game, I just wander about and listen to this song, breathing in how addictive and atmospheric and expansive this beautiful world is.

Fynn
05-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Have you heard the piano version of the Great Crystal theme?

vxZ2BKvMkmk

metagloria
05-05-2014, 01:48 PM
The Mosphoran Highwaste is a jaw-dropper. I want to record a black metal take on it someday.

This is definitely a top 5 OST for me. I can't hear The Dalmasca Estersand without immediately wanting to stop what I'm doing and start a new game.

Bolivar
05-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Phon Coast always makes me feel great whenever I hear or think about it. Sakimoto's one of my favorite composers and I like the lulls and rises in the songs to complement both the wonder and curiosity of exploration as well as the danger of combat.

Loony BoB
05-05-2014, 06:01 PM
My favourites are...

- Royal Capital Rabanastre
- Giza Plains
- Final Fantasy XII Theme
- Secret Practice
- Clan Headquarters
- Rebellion
- Nalbina Fortress Town Area
- Chocobo XII Arrangement Version 1
- Basch's Reminiscence
- The Skycity Of Bhujerba
- Ozmone Plain
- The Mosphoran Highwaste

The only downside of this kind of thing is that they don't stand out as much as the Uematsu's VII/VIII/IX/X works tended to. But I feel these pieces age much better than the majority of Uematsu's works.

Silent Warrior
05-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Aaack! Debateth ye this topic without me??

I basically agree - this game's soundtrack is surely the one I'm most likely to enjoy playing at a concert myself, in a symphony orchestra. While no single track beats Liberi Fatali, the whole has real qualities. By far the most concert hall compatible FF-soundtrack to date. It's... just a damn shame I don't truly enjoy listening to a single minute of it... :(

BoB: I agree 900% with what you say about aging - couldn't have said it better myself.

Rostum
05-15-2014, 08:15 AM
I've been listening to the piano collections (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL1_Yu-oi9w) lately, it's fantastic! After playing FFX HD Remaster and listening to FFXII's music, I really must have a PS3 HD Remaster of this game! I MUST HAVE!

Dat Matt
05-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Anyone noticed that Final Fantasy Tactics Advance A2 uses some of the same songs from FF 12?

For eample
ZhUYPy7GVn4 and it3eUjnt2qE

rVYHhcYWttY and BRBZh1TQkYQ

I think there are about 5 more or so, but these are the two I know off the top of my head.