PDA

View Full Version : WHY IS GIZAMALUKE SO HARD

Jinx
05-03-2014, 03:21 AM
Hardest boss in the game, hands down.

Why do you face such a difficult boss so early in the game?! The earlier bosses are way harder than anything you encounter later in the game. WHY IS THIS?

Sephiroth
05-03-2014, 03:38 AM
Tent him.

Pumpkin
05-03-2014, 03:51 AM
I never found him that difficult.

Shorty
05-03-2014, 04:38 AM
Is he? I didn't have any trouble.

Rostum
05-03-2014, 04:44 AM
Yeah, never had an issue with him either. Maybe just go level up a until level 12 or so at the gate north of the grotto (near the chocobo forest).

Quindiana Jones
05-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Seriously, though, use a Tent on him at the start of the battle.

Parker
05-03-2014, 06:08 PM
I had a bit of a problem with him when I rushed through the game without levelling much or w/e (until I learned the tent thing). I would say he is a pretty hard boss for that point in the game, tent-trickery aside.

Pumpkin
05-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Pretty sure you can get Mighty Guard Blue Magic from those serpent, scorpion thingies. Just use that, have Freya constantly jumping, Thunder with Vivi, use Zidane and Quina to item when Vivi gets silenced or when someone needs healing. Quina's forks are pretty effective if I remember correctly.

Jinx
05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Mighty Guard costs 64MP, which Quina doesn't have at that point.

Pumpkin
05-03-2014, 06:13 PM
He did for me? Just level up some more if he doesn't. By the time I learned all of the abilities available at that point, Gizamaluke wasn't very hard. (Meaning it took me a while and my characters leveled up a good bit)

I think the only problem I had with Mighty Guard was that it didn't last very long and I would have to Ether to use it again.

Jinx
05-03-2014, 06:17 PM
I mean, I DID beat the boss before I even posted this thread. xD I went back to an older save file and I'm going to try and level up some more if I can beat Gizamaluke without Quina dying (doubt it).

maybee
05-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Zidane Trance him

Should be dead within a few smacks.

It pays to get one of the more powerful double-daggers swords from Lindblum before the Festival though, so you'll have a more powerful Trance, to beat him with.

The Tent trick works too. Just basically throw Tent's at him, till he's poisoned/ blinded etc and then attack him.

Jiro
05-05-2014, 01:56 PM
I have never found Gizamaluke particularly difficult. He is challenging, of course, but it sounds like you were having far more trouble than I did. I tend to over prepare though.

Neptunia
05-08-2014, 07:53 PM
He was a little tricky the first time I fought him. later play through's I either grinded for a bit to learn the new gear skills or go and limit glove some grand dragons, risky but soo worth it in terms of levels.

blackmage_nuke
05-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I cant remember if I had trouble with Gizamaluke but I do remember I disliked the dungeon he was in. So many Lamia's

Tigmafuzz
05-09-2014, 03:48 PM
I remember having a bit of trouble with him the first time I played the game, but not much. Of course, the first time I played I was probably a little bit overleveled at that point, from trying to gain as many skills as possible. The only other time I remember having trouble with him was a low-level run.

Neptunia
05-09-2014, 06:09 PM
there is a really easy, almost cheap way, of killing every boss up to, and including, soul cage if you have quina in your party. Limit Glove. the boss I find hardest in 9 is the earth guardian.

Dat Matt
05-09-2014, 07:18 PM
The only reason I found him hard was because I was constantly trying to steal from him. He carries one of the 3 Lvl 2 Black magic rods which takes forever to steal. It's a hassle because you can't kill him while trying to steal it, or you miss the change to get an Ice Rod until Disc 2.

Neptunia
05-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Mr. Shauna my offical stratagy guide says that you get magnus hat and elixar stealing from Gizmaluke. It might be wrong, other than that ice staff is in a chest in Cleya trunk. black waltz 3 2nd round has flame staff to steal. some places say it can be bought in Treno as well, not sure on that one. may have to play through to those points to be sure.

Jinx
05-09-2014, 08:43 PM
You can definitely get the Ice Staff.

Yeah, that's the main reason I have so much trouble. I'm too busy stealing, and Zidane is the main point taker. :shobon:

nik0tine
05-10-2014, 03:05 AM
Blind him.

Or make sure Quina knows "Limit Glove" (or was it globe?), kill him/her off, save, and revive with a phoenix down. If you're still low enough level, Quina will revive with just 1 HP sometimes. Limit Glove always does 9999 damage when Quina has 1 HP.

Ayen
05-13-2014, 04:19 AM
This was the boss I got stuck on because I was an impatient kid who didn't want to grind. I plan to rectify this in my current playthrough. I'd like to see more of the game for a change.

Rantz
05-13-2014, 08:31 PM
I've never found him very hard, just a pain to steal everything from. Then again, I'm probably always overleveled at that stage in the game since I usually get Quina and get him/her some blue magic abilities before going into Gizamaluke's Grotto.

metagloria
05-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Bosses aren't hard. Stealing from bosses is hard. I've fought Hilgigars for over an hour trying to get that dang flute. Everyone tranced three times.

Depression Moon
05-20-2014, 08:51 PM
I cant remember if I had trouble with Gizamaluke but I do remember I disliked the dungeon he was in. So many Lamia's

Those Lamia's were irritating. smurf those Entice!

Gizamaluke wasn't hard for me. I think on my first or second playthrough I already knew about the tent trick, but in recent years I haven't bothered with it. Vivi always gets his Trance during this fight for some reason and Quina takes the most damage out of anyone. I think Vivi has high evasion. I think the most that's ever happened to me during this is Quina getting KO'd and hardest boss goes to Ozma by default.

the boss I find hardest in 9 is the earth guardian.
All you have to do is cast Mighty Guard and you'll hardly take damage.

Neptunia
05-28-2014, 12:26 AM
cast mighty guard...hmm dont think i ever tried that. normally I try a couple of different strategys before having zidane go trance and nuking earth guardian.

Hillgigas has something useful.. huh. I guess I need to play this again. been about 2 years since I played 9 which is far too long.

Freya
06-02-2014, 12:54 AM
I always run to chocobo forest first so by the time I get to gizamaluke I'm leveled a bit more. Well you go get choco then you go get quina and by the time you get there you have a few more battles under your belt than you would if you just ran there. Plus if you got the chocographs you'll have a few more goodies too.