PDA

View Full Version : Which destruction scene is the saddest?

Jinx
05-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Cleyra, Lindblum, or Alexandria? I guess you can count Terra too if you want, but I mean destroyed by eidolons.

The Lindblum scene is kind of sad because of how emotional Garnet is, but the Cleyra scene does it for me. At least Lindblum has a chance to rebuild, but Cleyra is completely destroyed (which is also sad because it's an awesome location) and most of its inhabitants die.

I remember the first time I played this game, I had no idea what was about to happen...I really thought they were going to save Cleyra! Nope. :(

Sephiroth
05-04-2014, 01:35 PM
When it comes to "what to see" then Atomos banishing a part of Lindblum. When it comes to which death is the saddest, then everything as I don't like to count one as overweighing another one since they all are dead (well, those who died).

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Alexandria's is too badass to be sad. It's amazing. Seeing Alexander's tattered wings is a bit of a downer, though. :(

Cleyra's probably takes it overall. You've gone there fully expecting to save it from the Alexandrian army, and it goes very well. Then out of fucking nowhere this ultimate being swoops in an completely unmakes it. Incredible stuff.

Lindblum has the saddest specific moment for me. Watching the soldiers getting sucked into Atomos is really heart-wrenching.

Wolf Kanno
05-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Well Cleyra's destruction is more wide-scale but honestly Lindblum I feel is the worst simply because your party then gets to wander through the aftermath of the city and listen to the NPCs lament about dead ones and the destruction. The act of destruction and violence never really bothered me but witnessing the aftermath of how it affects people tends to be more poignant.

Parker
05-05-2014, 01:39 AM
I forgot how brutal this game was considering how cutesy it was. And yea, the Cleyra one especially hurt because it was one of the nicest places in the game. I hated garnet's mother so much when I first played this game. The effect has waned as I've grown up but her vain evil made her a really good villian.

Jiro
05-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Cleyra benefits from being the first to go. The destruction is absolutely catastrophic and that's after you've just spent some time getting to know the people there. Hell, some of them are fucking refugees from Burmecia being wrecked. So that's rough.

Atomos going to town on Lindblum is pretty intense. Being able to go there and wander through that destruction as Wolf Kanno said really demonstrates the severity of the situation. I think that was a really good strategy in making us care, because Lindblum can sometimes seem too big to really care about the individuals.