PDA

View Full Version : Were you disappointed with eidolons?

Jinx
05-04-2014, 01:29 PM
The first quarter of the game you can't use them and when you finally see them in action they are smurfing. trout. up. Odin destroyed Cleyra with just his spear! Atomos sucks Lindblum dry!

THESE GUYS ARE GONNA BE SO smurfING SWEET

Nope. Odin does like, 300 damage. THE smurf.

I've always been horribly disappointed with the eidolons. Although the moment Beatrix gives you back all of your gemstones it's like, "WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL OF THESE EIDOLONS."

EDIT: Can a mod correct the title, please? :shobon:

Wolf Kanno
05-04-2014, 07:01 PM
This is kind of the reason I don't like Garnet very much cause she is pretty much dead weight for 3/4ths of the game. The whole "short" summon sequence was also kind of annoying as well. I mean come on Square, all we wanted was a skip button for summons but now this?

Jiro
05-05-2014, 01:51 PM
I think we're supposed to believe that Garnet is not powerful enough to use her eidolons effectively but they do seem really underpowered. I like them as a plot device but it doesn't come back to pay off quite as well as I'd have hoped.

Shorty
05-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Yes, extremely disappointed. What the fuck is the point of dangling them in front of me for most of the game?

Rez09
05-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Garnet's eidolons were one of the elements in the game I was the most disappointed with. The rest of my party generally did comparable damage in less time, especially in the case of Ark, and there was never any point I felt her summons would have made a noticeable impact on anything I was doing, despite all the cutscene hype I was fed along the way.

That said, I liked Eiko's summons, as full party buffs from Carbuncle were generally helpful and Phoenix offered a appreciable, albeit unreliable, safety net.

Neptunia
05-09-2014, 08:01 PM
If I recall correctly Garnet's summons damage is related to how many of the gems/ore you have that each summon is related to. more Ore odin's sword ablilty dose more damage, more garnets and bahamut dose more damage. Phoenix is similar in that it dose more damage and has more chance to auto-summon on death the more Pinions you have. I tend to have garnet summon odin the most, given that he has low mp cost and Ore is the easiest one to farm. damage is also effected by the summon sequence length, something about 1/3rd extra damage for the long sequence.