PDA

View Full Version : Things about me you probably don't know

Jinx
05-05-2014, 02:57 AM
Let's share lesser known things about ourselves!

-I'm an only child only by circumstance. My sister was stillborn, and my brother died when he was a day and a half old. He was actually an identical twin, but my mom miscarried the other one (which is how she found out she was pregnant). I should be the oldest of four children.
-I am slightly hard of hearing, except for incredibly quiet things no one else can hear.
-I can't drink vodka. I always puke when I do.
-I LOVE Golden Oldies.
-I have dimples in my shoulders.
-The smell of hazelnut makes me sick.
-When I was a child I went through a phase where I stole things constantly.
-I used to be terrified of the dark and slept with a nightlight until I was 17.
-I can't sleep unless there's a fan going.

WHAT ARE YOURS

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-05-2014, 03:37 AM
Hm. This should be interesting.

- I sing in the shower. Loudly and proudly. Usually to the tune of 'Mr. Sandman' by the Chordettes.
- Between the ages of 12 and 17 I used to shoplift incessantly. If I saw a thing and I wanted it, I took it. I only stopped because my girlfriend yelled at me after I stole Hershey's Syrup.
- I have two white birthmarks that only really show up when my chest and stomach area is hot and red.
- This is harder than I expected it would be.
- I fucking love punk music.
- I don't own a bed. I sleep in a hammock every night. Unless I am way drunk, and then I usually fall asleep on a couch or the floor.
- I have a two inch tall pewter statue of Stalin on my hearth.

Sephiroth
05-05-2014, 03:49 AM
I am the youngest of four children, all of them being over 20 and 30.
I am a God.
I speak three languages fluently.
I am German, however have Italian and Czech ancestors as well, not that I really knew anyone of them except my grandfather, which I also didn't really know well.
I knew and liked Sailor Moon even before Final Fantasy.
I can't see 3D effects.
I am one of like 10 people who likes Twilight.
I wear/am wearing glasses.
I don't drink, smoke or consume any other drugs, though that might be the most well known thing here about me except #2.
I love chocolate.
I believe in God Allmighty and "he" is the most important one for me. Yes, even more important than Final Fantasy.
I want nothing more than own children.
I hate peer pressure and when people follow it as well as ignorance, though I accept it as long as it does not try to affect others.

Pumpkin
05-05-2014, 03:50 AM
-My brother passed away when I was 1 and he was 3, almost 4.
-I can't stand most of my family.
-I don't like my foods touching.
-I've always been interested in Interior Design.
-My dream job would be housewife, but I would like to be able to volunteer as a drug counselor as well.
-I was raised as Catholic, but didn't think much about it when I was a teenager. When I was pregnant with my son, I read the Bible and started getting more in touch with the Catholic religion and I plan to get baptized someday.
-I read a lot of psychology books, and my favorite subject is the Id, Ego, and Alter(super)-ego.

Madame Adequate
05-05-2014, 04:31 AM

SAME! Well, it doesn't have to be a fan, but some sort of mechanical hum or noise is necessary, silence drives me insane.

Shorty
05-05-2014, 05:59 AM
It's possible everyone knows these things about me because I think I always post them whenever we have these threads but oh well :shobon:

I still sleep with lights on or a TV on because the dark silence makes me uncomfortable. I'm okay if there's another person there, though.
I have an older brother I've never met. He lives in South Carolina and is a history professor.
When I was a baby, I was pigeon-toed and couldn't take three steps without falling to the ground. The doctors wanted to break my legs to reset my bones so I could walk straight, but my mom wouldn't let them. I just found out recently that I wore braces on my legs that I didn't remember wearing to help me correct my walking.
I can't remember the last time I got dumped. It's possible never.
I have an irrational fear that I am overdue for involvement in a natural disaster or home invasion or something like that.

That's all I got.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-05-2014, 07:51 AM
I don't really know what people know about me here, but I'll give this a whirl.

I have somewhat a phobia of chewing gum. This isn't really a problem anymore, but I used to not be able to handle being in the same room as someone who is chewing gum. It still makes me uncomfortable though.
When my mom was pregnant with me, the doctors said I would be a girl. Apparently my brother not only kept telling them I would be a boy, but that I would actually be born on his birthday. It just so happens that on my brother's seventh birthday, he got me as a present, haha.
I have another half brother who I have no memory of whatsoever. He lived with us for a time when I was really little, but I don't remember any of that. He died a couple years ago.
I can lucid dream, but I choose not to because I think it's a lot more boring than just letting my dreams run their course.

I'll have to think of more interesting things another day. I'm having trouble of thinking up interesting factoids about my life right now.

Shiny
05-05-2014, 08:34 AM
-My nose is broken, yet you can't tell by looking at it unless you take a flash light and look inside. It's definitely broken. And I will need surgery just so I can breathe out of both my nostrils again. That leads in to...
-My dog broke my nose with her thick back a few months ago and I had to get a CT scan to confirm this. This is a weird story.
-Egg yoke makes me gag. If I make eggs, I take the yellow yoke out.
-Despite my love for being behind the camera, I am actually a pretty good actress according to a few thespians...
-I'm pretty obsessed with watching shows about survival or death. Thus my television is almost always on I.D. or Discovery channel until it's time for prime time shows like GoT to come on.
-At least one co-worker of every job I've worked at knows I go on this site as they've seen me on it during my lunch breaks. They have asked questions about it.

EDIT: I actually also went through a phase of stealing things when I was younger. I have no idea why, but eventually stopped the same year I started.

Skyblade
05-05-2014, 08:37 AM

Same here. I need the moving air, or I just can't sleep.

Fynn
05-05-2014, 08:58 AM
- I'm like the only person in my circle of friends who even heard of Final Fantasy
- I'm Polish/English bilingual because my parents are both English teachers and we had American neighbors next door who would spend loads of time with me.
- Also, my German is pretty bitchin'.
- Apparently, my mom recently discovered we're of noble blood.
- I have this cloud-shaped birthmark on my right hand.
- I have the least body hair. Like, the least. Some girls have more body hair than me. It would be awesome, if not for the fact that I can never grow a beard either :(
- I have a scar on the bridge of my nose. It's barely visible. I got it when I was little and we were at a wedding or something.
- I study English and I am really passionate about linguistics. Had a BA on American accents, now I'm writing my MA on language and gender - sociolinguistics is my main field of interest. I also love history of English and I just want to strangle something when people refer to Shakespearean dialog as "Old English". No, that is not Old English. That is not even Middle English. That's Modern English. Early Modern, maybe. It certainly isn't OE. Never, ever say that in my presence.
- There's like two Polish celebrities that just drive me insane. I have this irrational urge to punch them in the face when I see them. And I don't really know why. They seem like nice, talented people. And I hate them with a passion.
- I'm Catholic, but I'm also a feminist and I support gay rights. Call me a liberal Catholic, I guess?
- I'm also a religious pluralist - who am I to judge whose religion is the one true path? Maybe they're all true?
- I sing. I am a tenor. I've gone to music school all my life, playing both piano and flute, but I always loved to sing and people wanted me to pursue singing. I declined, though. They wanted me to be a contratenor, and those are super rare, so I'd probably have no personal life after that. I also wanted to be a composer at one point.
- My aunt has this amateur musical theater. I took part in one of her shows once. We sung songs from the Polish 20's. One of them was called "Sex appeal", where women sing how their sex appeal is their best weapon. And we sung it. Just the guys. In drag. I had this wig that made me look like Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction. I was pretty hot, actually. It was awesome.
- My wife and I have known each other for about 11 years. We sung in the choir together, and we were best friends before falling in love with each other. This September will be our seventh anniversary. She's my first and only love.

noxious.sunshine
05-05-2014, 09:09 AM
- I have a scar on my left cheek from when our neighbors Boston Terrier bit me. He pretty well tore a hole in my face and I had to get 20 stitches total- internal and external. That's p well known, but what -isnt- known is that our family doctor sewed me up. There was no plastic surgeon in my hometown back then.

- I have a dimple in my right cheek, but because of my scar, it almost looks like I have dimples in both cheeks.

- I was an "oops". My mom's birth control failed to work at some point and she got pregnant with me. The doctors originally thought that I was either a tumor or cancer. :D

- When they found out I was a baby and not cancer, the first doctor my mom went to suggested I be tested for Downs Syndrome because of her age (she was 39 when she had me). And suggested that my mom have an abortion if the test came back positive.

- I have an unhealthy crush on Nikki Reed. But not in Twilight. I just think she's the most gorgeous girl ever. And she co-wrote her first movie- Thirteen- at just 15/16 yrs old.

- I kinda think I'm hard of hearing. I easily talk way too loud if I'm not paying attention/ not making a conscious effort to keep my voice down.

- I'm also obsessed with Selena Quintanilla-Perez. She's my all-time #1 fave singer. I've spent entire afternoons watching her live performances on YouTube and it makes me sick that she was murdered. Going to her museum in Corpus Christi and seeing the statue is very high up on my bucket list.

- I truly honestly do not care much about my overall health. Sure, I go to the gym now and I eat healthy, but otherwise, idgaf. I have no desire to know if I have cancer (couldn't afford treatment anyway) or anything else like that. I'm gonna die at some point anyway. I wish I cared more. I -should-. But I don't.

- I can roll my tongue, blow air, and make it "whistle". The sound is kind of like how when you blow air over an open bottle. I can do different notes too.

- I may not be happy with my physical appearance just yet, or my situation as a whole, but personality-wise, I think I'm a seriously kick ass person.

- And in spite of where I stand as far as my financial situation and not having my baby right now, I'm very glad that I had her at 22, almost 23. I don't want children at an older age like my parents.

- I don't want anymore children and I refuse to get married... Per my daughter's wishes. She doesn't want a step dad or for my boyfriend to ever adopt her and she was doesn't want siblings. I respect the hell out of that - she's my absolute everything.

Chris
05-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Hmm...

- I'm shy
- I'm modest
- I'm still a virgin
- I can find a better use for the word "poppycock"
- I'm no longer a virgin
- I'm not capable of being capable
- I'm probably a virgin
- I'm not a prude
- I'm not fond of the word "prude"
- My boyfriend tells me that I'm a virgin
- I ruined the flow by not starting with "I'm"
- I'm definitely a virgin

Parker
05-05-2014, 01:36 PM
im a virgo

Jess
05-05-2014, 06:57 PM
When I was younger, I used to do Karate. I was a purple belt before I quit.
I also used to do kickboxing.
I'm allergic to cucumber.
I love dogs more than I like a lot of humans.

Bones
05-05-2014, 07:04 PM
-When I was a child I went through a phase where I stole things constantly.
-I used to be terrified of the dark and slept with a nightlight until I was 17.

I'm the same way!!

- I love video games and my computer way too much.
- Batman is the best superhero, hands down.
- I like animals way more than people.
- I would rather live in Europe than the states.
- I've never been outside of the United States.
- The smell of burning anything makes me gag because of my history with not-so-legal things.
- I can't eat celery. My body will literally not let me ingest it.
- I used to cause myself harm in my teens.
- My nickname from my mom and sisters is Buggie. (Amanda is Fiendy, Erica is Nineksy and Sarah is Petey. Don't ask.)
- My family is nuts and whenever we are together it's about as crazy as a circus. We laugh all the time.
- I was bitten by a neighbor's dog when I was 12 around the head while I was sitting next to him, petting him. His bottom jaw connected with the back of my head and his top around my ear, and his canine tooth would have severed an artery if it had been 1/10th of an inch closer to it.
- I have an intense irrational fear or swimming.
- I can't remember most of my life.

Shorty
05-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Our dad calls me Scary and our mom calls me Mookie. When my parents were married, my dad would always call me Mookie Blaylock, who I only found out like last year was a basketball player xD It's the most ridiculous name ever, and I suspect my father thought so as well, so he started calling me it xD

Mercen-X
05-05-2014, 08:50 PM
As I tend to overdivulge, there likely isn't anything people don't know about me... then again, I am Mercen-X.

-I'm an only child only by circumstance.

I would have had an older sibling had my mom not been too young and afraid to carry the baby to term. A dream she had suggests it would have been a girl. My brother passed away in an accident when he was four years old.

I can sleep through most loud noises. Typically more insignificant sound effects will stir me.

I love the smell of hazelnut, but it serves no other purpose to me. I can't stand the smell of brown sugar.

At about 7, I lifted a four-pack of bottle Coke from a convenience store and immediately thought of myself as a hard-bitten criminal. lol

Whenever I suffer writer's block, I find a slightly open space in my apartment and pretend I'm in a fight using weapons and superpowers... regardless of whether the scene I'm writing even remotely involves battle or violence.

I can't learn foreign languages. I've tried to learn Spanish, Tagalog, German, Cantonese, and Japanese. I've even taken classes.

I've wanted to wear glasses since I was twelve years old. At 23, I was diagnosed with acute astigmatism or whatever, I wasn't paying attention. All I knew was that I needed glasses.

I am the absolute opposite of a punk.

I believe in God. However, contrary to what others think, I do not capitalize God because it seems blasphemous not to. I capitalize God when speaking of a singular entity because God is not a descriptive term but a NAME. *idiots* When I talk about a god, I do not capitalize the term because it is a descriptor.

I am a sinner, a blasphemer, and a sloth.

I am slow to change.

I love every member of my family. I just can't stand being around many of them.

I used to carry my flashdrive around with me because I was afraid my apartment would burst into flames while I was away. Now I've put much of the information from my flashdrive online so it doesn't really bother me as much now.

I have the strangest birthmark I've ever heard of. It appears as two holes on either side of my head on the cartilage of my ears. When I was a kid, I could squeeze excess white-blood cells out of them. It's always looked like my ears were simply pierced in an uncommon region.

I couldn't whisk eggs if I had a gun to my head. There are always these disgusting strands of mucus left in it. The last time I made French toast, I just did my best to pull all the sticky trout out and put it in another bowl.

I smurfing despise reality television. It didn't bother me when it was one or two shows. But now it's everywhere like some kind of plague.

I am a Satyr.

I don't have horns.

I can sometimes be shallow in the classical sense, but most times I'm shallow in another sense. That being I think less attractive people should be willing to socialize with me because I think no one else would bother with them. Yes. I'm that guy.

My day voice tends to transfer to my night voice when people are sleeping nearby (like the downstairs apartment) and I tend to get shushed.

I don't intend to die until I've had at least one child. I often say I don't intend to die until I've sold at least one story, but my kid could take care of that for me provided I ever have one.

I have an irrational fear that I'm sterile. It's so bad, I won't even go to the doctor to find out for sure.

I was a virgin until 23.

I took Shotokan when I was 17. What's higher, the blue belt or the green belt? I have them both.

I took Aikido in college. A girl I liked in that class ended up dating another student. So I dropped the class. (jk, extenuating circumstances)

When my mom's brother's family visits, we tend to laugh like hyenas, until their mom gets irritated by some physical anomaly. (cramps, etc.)

I used to eat two to three bowls of cereal in one sitting.

Lonely Paper Star
05-06-2014, 07:13 AM
- I have a brother one year younger than me. He's autistic.
- I like fencing a lot, but I never made enough time for it so I could get that good. I was in the fencing club in my first college. Didn't like the coaches much in the fencing club at the second college (thus, stopped going). Took a class for a few months at the local recreation center a few years later, then just got too lazy to enroll for the next level session.
- I'm the only gamer in my current group of real-life friends.
- I like other flavors of cake way more than chocolate cake.
- I smile on reflex in bad/sad situations. I don't know why!

Chemical
05-06-2014, 09:35 AM
If you don't already know then I'm not going to tell you.

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Way to undermine the entire purpose of the thread, Chem. xD

Ayen
05-06-2014, 05:39 PM
-I sleep with a nightlight because I can't sleep in the dark
-I sleep with stuffed animals
-I was born eleven years after my brother when the doctor told my mom she couldn't get pregnant again
-I would have three older brothers (one half-brother) if it wasn't for my mother's tragic miscarriage
-I lost a nephew the same way
-I've never been kissed
-I'm uncomfortable around alcohol
-I have a speech impediment
-I'm uncomfortable about organ donation for reasons I cannot fully explain
-I'm terrified of heights
-I never stopped believing hell is a real place

Aulayna
05-06-2014, 08:05 PM
- I'm pretty average and saving this stuff for an Eyes on You if I ever have one

Arc_Master_14
05-07-2014, 12:42 AM
- I don't like 95% of my family all that much.
-When I was 7 I scared my cousin's dog on accident and he chased and bit my butt. I lied saying it didn't hurt so they wouldn't put him down, because I like puppies too much. I actually still feel the pain of the bite 15 years later when I sit. No one knows this.
- I have six stuffed animals in my bed and I take turns cuddling them every night so that they don't feel left out or lonely. I even hold one in my arms if I'm sleeping with my gf.

Chemical
05-07-2014, 06:41 AM
Way to undermine the entire purpose of the thread, Chem. xD

I suppose in a roundabout way you now know something about me you didn't before. Experience is a bitch.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Sam has two heads and that's why she made a thread asking if you'd undergo the same surgery.

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/More-You-Know.gif

Colonel Angus
05-10-2014, 06:46 AM
I never really learned how to drive. My only road test ended just after a 1/2 a block.

I was diagnosed w/ Crohn's disease @ 17.

I wear 2 different sets of glasses, one normally & the other when I'm on the computer @ work because my eyes lose focus.

I won an Apex Award for an article I wrote just after I decided to give up journalism.

I have a hard time finishing RPGs because I just don't want them to end.

Araciel
05-10-2014, 07:07 AM
I farted and my house blew up.