PDA

View Full Version : What level of tech do you prefer?

Loony BoB
05-06-2014, 11:03 AM
FF generally falls into a few different levels of tech. Which do you prefer?

blackmage_nuke
05-06-2014, 02:04 PM
I dont prefer any one tech setting over another. It's all just how it's presented. I didnt love the castle and village layouts from I-V but I loved the medieval fantasy setting in IX. I was initially impressed by Zanarkand because of how nice the graphics were at the time but take that away and it's not nearly as nice a setting as Esthar.

While FFVI is my favourite I have never said "I really like FFVI because it's steampunk" or "I dont like FFVII as much because it's modern"

Jiro
05-06-2014, 02:26 PM
I guess I prefer Modern Fantasy Tech, but I'm interested in all of them. Plenty of cool things to explore.

Shorty
05-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Steampunk! Bring it on! More of it!

Ayen
05-06-2014, 03:02 PM
I tend to lean on the side of modern tech by default, but like Blackmage Nuke I'll love it if I feel it's well presented.

Formalhaut
05-06-2014, 04:58 PM
All of them really, but if I had to pick one, I guess it was Modern Fantasy tech.

Mirage
05-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I am a near future fetishist

Vermachtnis
05-06-2014, 07:10 PM
I like the Medieval Final Fantasies. With the castles and dragons and knights and princesses. Especially the princesses.

Formalhaut
05-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I like near future as well. I think I can relate to it slightly better, seeing elements that are also in our world as well. I've never played a medieval style FF game before, so I might want to try one out.

Sephex
05-06-2014, 10:16 PM
I like the Medieval stuff the most, but the other styles are fine with me, as well. I didn't mind the high technology mixed with the more traditional elements in FFIV, for example.

theundeadhero
05-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Steampunk! Followed by medieval.

Spooniest
05-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I have a better question: how many people vote for FFVII just because they know it will win?

Skyblade
05-07-2014, 09:46 PM
I'd actually call FFVII far more steampunk than modern, even if it doesn't fit the bill exactly.

Mercen-X
05-07-2014, 11:02 PM
I chose XV as it makes me think of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Colonel Angus
05-07-2014, 11:50 PM
I'd actually call FFVII far more steampunk than modern, even if it doesn't fit the bill exactly.
To me it's more futuristic/post-apocalyptic dystopia.

VeloZer0
05-08-2014, 07:15 AM
The level of technology in FF7 seems to have been greatly upgraded in the Compilation as compared to the original.

As for exact level of technology, I'm not all that picky. There are so many other things that are important to an excellent game.

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Steampunk is actually my favorite and personally I would have probably placed IX in this category just for Linblum alone. Though a steampunk setting doesn't mean I think the game is great, I feel that as long as the story and game work with the world design I can get behind it.

Yellow_Magic
05-08-2014, 08:25 PM
VII/VIII style, because they allowed both futuristic and more typical fantasy environments. Also, because without the style, Man With The Machine Gun wouldn't have existed.

MJN SEIFER
05-08-2014, 11:20 PM
I loved how FFVII and FFVIII did it, it felt like they could actually be our world with a fantasy twist at times (FFVIII did this better, but FFVII has so much atmosphere for me). It's one of the many things I adore about my two favorite Final Fantasies. :love:

Mercen-X
05-09-2014, 05:23 PM
I would like to see a game where each town is the very model of an era of technology. Stonepunk here, steampunk there, a bit of clockpunk over yonder, dieselpunk there, modern electricity for folks ain't Amish, and finally beyond the horizon, a people whose entire city is run on magic.

VeloZer0
05-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Chrono trigger. :lol:

MJN SEIFER
05-09-2014, 08:21 PM
I would like to see a game where each town is the very model of an era of technology. Stonepunk here, steampunk there, a bit of clockpunk over yonder, dieselpunk there, modern electricity for folks ain't Amish, and finally beyond the horizon, a people whose entire city is run on magic.

That would be a cool way to do it, to be honest.

black orb
05-10-2014, 03:58 AM
>>> As long the game is good is all the same for me..:luca:

Mirage
05-10-2014, 10:52 AM

You forgot ironpunk, bronzepunk and clothpunk

Personally, I would really like a sockpunk or plasticpunk era FF game

Colonel Angus
05-10-2014, 04:19 PM

You forgot ironpunk, bronzepunk and clothpunk

Personally, I would really like a sockpunk or plasticpunk era FF game
They need to do a Legopunk version. Instead of gp you'd collect studs, & instead of crystals, you'd have to save the 4 gold blocks. Build your own weapon, Chocobos that turn into helicopters to cross mountain ranges, enemies that shatter to pieces. The possibilities are endless.