PDA

View Full Version : Thigh

Calliope
05-06-2014, 03:51 PM
The "Belly" thread makes me a bit uncomfortable - I think that partly it is because "fashion" is always changing and we've all looked at photos and marvelled at our questionable past fashion choices; but also because everyone has their own style. Some of the most amazing, distinctive and memorable ensembles I've seen are the ones that do bold things like mix proportions, patters and colour palettes. I also know a couple of people who actually wear the same outfit every single day, or only dress in one colour, and I admire that as well. I'm also not too fond of the thought of dissing other people's style - I dress to suit myself, and I bet you do too!

So as an addition or an alternative to that thread, what are some items of clothing or accessories that you love, feel wonderful in, or get constant compliments for? What is something you are excited to wear as the seasons change?

Miss Mae
05-06-2014, 03:59 PM
I have a pair of high-waisted shorts that make me feel really excellent. I also have a few figure-hugging dresses. Basically anything that accentuates my hour glass shape. I tried to find decent pictures of these outfits, but sadly the only few I could find were very poor quality.

I also always look forward to the slightly cooler weather because it means I can wear patterned stockings and knee/thigh-high socks again.

blackmage_nuke
05-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I like hats because it slightly prevents the sun from killing me with it's ultra viole(n)t radiation.

I really like wearing jackets because they provide extra secure pockets and can turn into makeshift pillows but sometimes it's just too hot so autumn/winter will be great.
My shoes also become a lot more comfortable whenever I double up on socks so that's another plus for winter.

Jess
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Peplum tops and skater dresses for going out, because they really suit my body shape.

But for every day, my staple items are skinny jeans and boots.

Shorty
05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
I have a set of four or so dresses in different patterns and colors that I always get compliments on, and a pair of mint flats that I always get compliments on as well.

I really love high-waisted skirts. Love them!

Shiny
05-06-2014, 06:56 PM
I've honestly never looked at my fashion choices and thought "what was I thinking" because t-shirt and jeans will never go out of style.

With exception of when my parents bought me Fubu to wear because it was big in the 90s. That was pretty terrible. I had an oversized platinum silver track suit and a valor track suit. They also got me a highlighter green coat it was really just like wtf.

I'm not dissing anyone's style, I just don't understand certain fashion trends and probably never will. It seems every decade has something I don't get, like the 90s and the need for wearing shoulder pads. And the need for wearing a crop top to expose your belly. I'm sure it has good use if you live where it's really hot or you have a belly ring, but otherwise why???? What troubles me the most about fashion is that it starts to get creepy the more revealing it is. I don't need to see your navel and your butt in tights in addition to your cleavage. You mind as well be naked.

noxious.sunshine
05-06-2014, 07:53 PM
I have a dress I bought at Express a few years ago on sale.. It's probably my #1 fav article of clothing .. When I can actually fit into it and wear my fav turquoise wedge linebacker, I get tons of compliments.

And my polka dot scarf that I no longer have. :( I wore it like a headband. People loved it. My sister has the exact same one , though, so I'm waiting for her to get tired of it so she can give it to me.

I love my denim mini skirts too. I may not have a booty, but I have nice legs, so that makes up for it. :)

Formalhaut
05-06-2014, 08:03 PM
I always try to wear smart casual clothes if at all possible. For example, I would not dare wear a t-shirt all on its own, I'd wear a blazer or jacket over it instead. That one blazer is my go to item for smarting up a t-shirt.

I love my jeans as well. They work with most outfits. My waistcoat is amazing as well.

Pike
05-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Fashion and clothes are something I never quite "grokked" - I honestly think it's a skill I simply lack. As in, thinking back on it, I was wearing neon spandex and super bright Lion King t-shirts through middle school because I looked at these items and saw "pants and shirt", not "WTF are you thinking" (which I assume everyone else saw when they looked at me.)

Currently I own exactly one pair of non-work pants, which are washed... on occasion... :shifty: and then I cycle through maybe eight mostly video-game related t-shirts. This is literally the extent of my current wardrobe.

I do like comfy pajamas, and I like my shoes (#eoff makes fun of me when I talk about them because I bought them at Payless or something but they can bite me, my shoes are great.)

Shiny
05-06-2014, 08:07 PM
What's wrong with Payless? I love Payless. I got the comfiest and cutest pairs of flip flops from there and they don't make the annoying flip flop noise which I guess just makes them flips...

Shorty
05-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Payless is awesome.

Pike
05-06-2014, 08:08 PM
See you guys can be my friends. Everyone who disses on Payless can get out.

noxious.sunshine
05-06-2014, 08:23 PM
I get shoes from Target or JustFab lol

Shiny
05-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Target is pretty good for finding random cute things.

Dat Matt
05-06-2014, 09:18 PM
I don't have much of an issue with body image, so I feel pretty comfortable in most things.

I feel awesome in Suits though. My shoulders feel broader while I'm wearing them.

Calliope
05-07-2014, 12:53 AM
I've honestly never looked at my fashion choices and thought "what was I thinking" because t-shirt and jeans will never go out of style.

With exception of when my parents bought me Fubu to wear because it was big in the 90s. That was pretty terrible. I had an oversized platinum silver track suit and a valor track suit. They also got me a highlighter green coat it was really just like wtf.

I'm not dissing anyone's style, I just don't understand certain fashion trends and probably never will. It seems every decade has something I don't get, like the 90s and the need for wearing shoulder pads. And the need for wearing a crop top to expose your belly. I'm sure it has good use if you live where it's really hot or you have a belly ring, but otherwise why???? What troubles me the most about fashion is that it starts to get creepy the more revealing it is. I don't need to see your navel and your butt in tights in addition to your cleavage. You mind as well be naked.

I just think it's more fun to discuss things you like over things you don't. Fashion trends aren't constructed to be understandable, they're just another way for people to express themselves, flaunt their body if they feel like it and for companies to sell us stuff. I'm sure not everyone thinks it's creepy.

I don't have much of an issue with body image, so I feel pretty comfortable in most things.

I feel awesome in Suits though. My shoulders feel broader while I'm wearing them.

Man, I love wearing suits. Steaming my shirts is a pain, but it's worth it, I always feel great in them!

Ayen
05-07-2014, 01:34 AM
I never cared enough to keep up with fashion and wouldn't know any of the trends if they hit me in the face. I just wear what I feel comfortable in. I like T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, sweatpants and shorts. I like mixing colors like blue and black, orange and navy, green and blue, gray and purple. Wearing a green shirt with blue shorts make me feel like The Hulk. My favorite shirts are the Arya Stark/Assassin's Creed crossover shirt I bought last year and all my dragon shirts. I have a snazzy black leather jacket I enjoy wearing too that used to go great with a pair of orange sunglasses I had. Then the sunglasses broke T_T

Colonel Angus
05-07-2014, 04:30 AM
I like Payless because I don't need neon shoes covered in mesh for work.

Night Fury
05-07-2014, 05:04 AM
I have a yellow dress that I love and Phil loves when I wear it too. It's pretty plain, but well cut for my body shape. I have this green dress which just makes my boobs look pow.

I usually like to wear things to accentuate my bootay, but it's getting colder now so I'm stoked to go back to tights with shorts and ankle boots :D :D :D

Chemical
05-07-2014, 06:36 AM
I love cooler temps and layering it feels more classy and sexy

Tigmafuzz
05-07-2014, 07:59 AM
I opened this thread expecting pictures of forum members in short shorts and high skirts. I am both relieved and disappointed.

Sephex
05-07-2014, 08:01 AM
I thought this was a thread about what Mike Tyson would sound like if he were bored.

Pike
05-07-2014, 10:45 AM
HUXLEY I SEE THAT REP YOU LEFT FOR LOCKY :nonono:

Shiny
05-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I just think it's more fun to discuss things you like over things you don't. Fashion trends aren't constructed to be understandable, they're just another way for people to express themselves, flaunt their body if they feel like it and for companies to sell us stuff. I'm sure not everyone thinks it's creepy.

Of course not everyone and of course it's not all creepy. But there is creepy. I need not post pics. Meh, differences of opinion. The crop critique was more so why I couldn't find many tops to wear because now the trend is crop tops than not accepting that people wear it. I don't understand why stores seem to only sell mostly those now because not everyone wants to wear a smurfing half shirt but pay full price for it like I would a whole shirt. I don't actually care if they wear them unless they have protruding and/or hairy bellies, then it falls under creepy. Fashion and fashion trends are critiqued all the time, so no need to be sensitive about it as it's not an attack on anyone here's specific style. :monster:

Calliope
05-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Well then I think our difference of opinion is more of a lack of communication - I fully agree that it is frustrating as hell to be looking for a specific item (straight leg slacks, t-shirts thick enough to not require wearing three layers, non-flared skirts, whatever, thin wire glasses) and instead be bombarded with a trendy style you have no interest in or use for. However I think that's more of a distribution decision, and there is little point in critiquing fashion or favourite movies or anything where there is a taste factor involved. Most people have protruding stomachs and body hair - in my book, power to them if they decide to venture out confident in their bodies. People are assholes all the time too, but that's not a reason to condone it. Unless you're Michael Kors, and then at least I hope you're saying something hilarious and not just petty.

Chemical
05-07-2014, 11:35 PM

I have this super cute combo involving skinny Levis, knee high grey boots with a heel, a knitted top, open knitted sweater and a scarf + bling. And it was coolish yesterday like 17C and as it warmed up to 24C I refused to take off the smoldering layers.... I'm probably the only person in Australia that actively wills it to be cooler just for the fashion aspect.

Miss Mae
05-08-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm probably the only person in Australia that actively wills it to be cooler just for the fashion aspect.
Lies. I am waiting so patiently to be able to wear my scarves, hats and jackets again. I was so excited when I recently went to Adelaide because it was cool enough to wear my pretty new lace-trim coat.

http://i58.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/9ay6xe.jpg

~*~Celes~*~
05-08-2014, 05:13 AM
i love a good sweater, and jeans are always great. However, come summer time, I LOVE dresses. I have three maxi dresses that I plan to wear religiously this summer due to my growing belly :D

Shiny
05-08-2014, 06:05 AM
Well then I think our difference of opinion is more of a lack of communication - I fully agree that it is frustrating as hell to be looking for a specific item (straight leg slacks, t-shirts thick enough to not require wearing three layers, non-flared skirts, whatever, thin wire glasses) and instead be bombarded with a trendy style you have no interest in or use for. However I think that's more of a distribution decision, and there is little point in critiquing fashion or favourite movies or anything where there is a taste factor involved. Most people have protruding stomachs and body hair - in my book, power to them if they decide to venture out confident in their bodies. People are assholes all the time too, but that's not a reason to condone it. Unless you're Michael Kors, and then at least I hope you're saying something hilarious and not just petty.

Again, differences of opinion. Critiquing that someone is critiquing something else is pretty moot. You're not going to stop anyone here from making a thread critiquing or discussing things that puzzle them because you personally don't like it. Freedom of speech. But ultimately I see where you are coming from.