PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else listened to the audio drama yet?

DMKA
05-07-2014, 03:36 AM
I just did.

I am infuriated beyond words. :mad2:

Pumpkin
05-07-2014, 03:39 AM
Why are you infuriated?

black orb
05-07-2014, 05:36 AM
>>> I did, it was a waste of time..:luca:

Shauna
05-07-2014, 08:58 PM
It crushed my soul. And then there was no conclusion to the crushing.

The end.

Ayen
05-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Nope. And I don't plan to.

Karifean
05-07-2014, 09:01 PM
It's a whole bunch of plot development with no rhyme or reason, with such a lack of explanations that it feels unreal. I believe they *could* salvage this if they actually, you know, explained what the hell is going on, but they say they have no plans to. Yeah, right, that's why you created this confusing and outside of context downright nonsensical extra plot line. Sure.

But besides the fact that it begs an explanation, I can't really complain. It's just... not finished yet.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-10-2014, 09:26 AM
I haven't listened yet but I know the basic synopsis. I'll get around to it when I delve into the game more.

maybee
05-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Nope

Something about a break-up or something. Just going to ignore it, even if canon.

Aulayna
05-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Not yet. I'm doing everything in order. I'm still on X right now xD It's only downhill from there!

Mo-Nercy
05-13-2014, 10:12 AM
Infuriated is right. It cheapens the rest of the story preceding it.

Rocket Edge
06-04-2014, 12:44 PM
I have to ask myself, why? What was the point of this? There is two major things that bug me about the audio drama, and I wish I hadn't looked at it.

1. It makes the first two games half pointless. Sin comes back. If it wasn't for the Tidus/Yuna backstory we might as well have started here with FFX.

2. Tidus & Yuna themselves. It makes me disappointed that a great couple are tarnished and instead of living happily ever after and bringing closure to a story, they open it all over again, only to ask more questions. The only explanation I can think of is Yuna is protecting Tidus from something - such as the reason Kygurm (or whatever her name is) felt he was injured.

One thing though is, it certainly now leaves the door open for a sequel. Why on earth would they release this on the remaster if they were not to act on it? Why alienate your audience like this? I would love to return to Spira and see how the gang are doing but I don't trust Square-Enix anymore to make a good story.

Ayen
06-04-2014, 12:52 PM
I have to ask myself, why? What was the point of this? There is two major things that bug me about the audio drama, and I wish I hadn't looked at it.

1. It makes the first two games half pointless. Sin comes back. If it wasn't for the Tidus/Yuna backstory we might as well have started here with FFX.

2. Tidus & Yuna themselves. It makes me disappointed that a great couple are tarnished and instead of living happily ever after and bringing closure to a story, they open it all over again, only to ask more questions. The only explanation I can think of is Yuna is protecting Tidus from something - such as the reason Kygurm (or whatever her name is) felt he was injured.

One thing though is, it certainly now leaves the door open for a sequel. Why on earth would they release this on the remaster if they were not to act on it? Why alienate your audience like this? I would love to return to Spira and see how the gang are doing but I don't trust Square-Enix anymore to make a good story.

Simple answer being that they did plan to act on it. The creator of X (I think it was the creator) stated he'd love to make another game and I think the audio drama and book was meant to lead into that.

Rocket Edge
06-04-2014, 01:17 PM
But if reports are mean't to be believed in the last 2 months, they are not acting on it? Why leave on a cliffhanger? Just seems all a bit pointless in the end.

Ayen
06-04-2014, 01:28 PM
But if reports are mean't to be believed in the last 2 months, they are not acting on it? Why leave on a cliffhanger? Just seems all a bit pointless in the end.

I only remember them saying that there was no sequel in the works now, not that they wouldn't act on it. If I'm wrong it could be a simple matter of jumping the gun. It wouldn't be the first cliffhanger in existence that was left hanging because their plans didn't go through.

Jiro
06-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Seems that there's a lack of unity when it comes to decision making.

Mo-Nercy
06-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Maybe pointless is the whole idea. Spira is stuck in a neverending cycle of death...

So for Sin to come back and Tidus declaring his will to start fresh with Yuna kind of takes the story right back to where it started.

Christmas
06-15-2014, 02:13 PM
I DID I DID I DID!!!!!!

And I got no idea where the story is leading to. :(

I hope Seymour comes back and marry Kimahri though. :bigsmile:

Alive-Cat
06-15-2014, 04:43 PM
I don't even know what this is! I'm going to pretend I'm wearing headphones and for that reason you are all typing in French at me.

Ergroilnin
07-20-2014, 11:02 AM
FFX used to be my most favourite FF of all the time. When FFX-2 hit the shelves I didn't like it at all but I could kind of accept it.

Now I read about these two things:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_~Eien_no_Daishou~
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X_-Will-

I now feel that the FFX's world has been really destroyed for me. All these things are absolutely stupid and I simply can't accept them. I guess I'll have to ignore them so I can actually play the FFX without feeling stupid about it. Like I ignore the fact that FFX and FFVII are supposed to be connected.

What are your opinions on these post FFX-2 "additions" to the story of Spira?

Ayen
07-20-2014, 11:27 AM
They're poor attempts at a setup for another unnecessary sequel that nobody asked for that highlights how X has virtually nowhere to go story wise because FF titles were meant to be standalone games in the first place and not have so much added content to it that it ends up convoluted because the writers haven't been able to pen a good story since 2001.

Ergroilnin
07-20-2014, 11:33 AM
I really am at a loss of words about this. I mean it just feels like a very bad fanfic. I am sure there are actually tons of fanfics that would fit the story much better.

And I think that FFs used to be much better when they really were just standalone games in their own universe.

The Space Pope
07-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Oh hey, Squeenix trying to milk another one of their games dry. Next thing you'll be telling me that the Earth revolves around the sun, not t'other way around!

And for some reason, the whole ".5" bit just drives me nuts. What next? FF10-2 13/16ths?

But it's like so many other official attempts at expanding existing lore with content you don't like, you can always just pretend it doesn't exist. Ah, headcanon, where would I be without you?

Ayen
07-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Before X the thought of expanding the lore in any of their games never even came up. What was so special about this game that all of a sudden all the new entries that came after that wasn't a MMO was getting a tie-in?

Final Fantasy X received critical acclaim by the media, and enjoyed high sales figures. Square expected the game to sell at least two million copies worldwide owing to the reduced PlayStation 2's fanbase, making it smaller than the last three released titles. However, within four days of its release in Japan, the game had sold over 1.4 million copies in pre-orders, which set a record for the fastest-selling console RPG. These figures exceeded the performances of Final Fantasy VII and IX in a comparable period, and Final Fantasy X became the first PlayStation 2 game to reach two million and four million sold copies

Ohh...

Shauna
07-20-2014, 12:12 PM
We had a topic on the audio drama recently! I just merged the two threads.

jodymcdougle
07-20-2014, 03:58 PM
I don't have the remastered package yet. is there any thing online that would allow me to check the audio out?

Christmas
07-20-2014, 04:31 PM
It's on YouTube. That is where I checked mine. :bigsmile:

Sephiroth
07-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Apparently it has nothing to do with a sequel as it was said we shall think of a story by ourselves and [Sin] was brought back because he is an element of Final Fantasy X as much as Sephiroth is from Final Fantasy VII, however I am sure this is just a marketing strategy and it is intended all along. Kazushige Nojima even said, he wanted to write more about Final Fantasy X.

Ergroilnin
07-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Well even though I am afraid of another sequel, it can't be worse than leaving the story at the point where everything you did in these two games is basically make obsolete and pointless.

Spira seriously needs a proper closure.

Sephiroth
07-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Well even though I am afraid of another sequel, it can't be worse than leaving the story at the point where everything you did in these two games is basically make obsolete and pointless.

Spira seriously needs a proper closure.

As I said, just listen to the part when [Sin] is about to show up again. It plays a Seymour-based theme.

I would love to get a sequel with Seymour.

Formalhaut
07-20-2014, 07:39 PM
I felt the story was pretty much concluded at the end of FFX-2, really. The Last Mission makes things darker and more serious, and it's ending is sort of ambiguous really. This audio drama is even worse, and in a way practically necessitates that the story be continued, lest the FFX series ends on... that.

Ergroilnin
07-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I felt the same way, as much as I didn't like the FFX-2, that sequel made sense since there were drastic changes after dead of Sin and fall of Yevon religion so there was alot to cover but everything after that one just messed the story up. I really do hope that the HD remakes sell so well that S-E decides to make FFX-3.

Sephiroth
07-20-2014, 09:09 PM
I really do hope that the HD remakes sell so well that S-E decides to make FFX-3.

This should really not be the problem. I guess it is more of a "lets not announce something too early" thing.

Levon
07-31-2014, 08:46 PM
I've been actively trying to forget this crap, just like I've been trying to forget the XIII sequels. Sigh...

Dat Matt
07-31-2014, 10:13 PM
While I also through the Audio Drama was a lot of nonsense, I think XIII-2 was a big improvement on XIII. Good bit of fun.

Levon
08-01-2014, 01:45 PM
While I also through the Audio Drama was a lot of nonsense, I think XIII-2 was a big improvement on XIII. Good bit of fun.

Heh, you know, I actually also enjoyed XIII-2 while I was playing it. However I did not like what it led to, and I didn't like the fact that it basically undid the ending of XIII. Did anyone honestly feel that the ending of XIII demanded a sequel?

When a story is pretty definitley finished, I think it's generally a bad idea to make a sequel (or sequels for that matter). Chrono Cross is another example.

I admit that XIII-2 had more of a fun factor than its predecessor, and that I honestly enjoyed playing it quite a lot, actually. I just felt the story and ending of XIII didn't really demand a sequel. And neither did the story of X and or X-2 in my opinion.

jeo2388
08-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I was avoiding it but then this thread sparked my curiosity. Lol. Burnt down 2 cigarettes in the process. Don't know what to say. But I do know, I don't want this. :D

Rin Heartilly
10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
I've been avoiding listening to it, and by the replies on this thread now I don't wanna listen to it >.<

Crop
01-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Old thread, but I just got the HD versions for PS3 and I listened to this. It was probably the worst Final Fantasy experience I've ever had....and I've had the FFVII Compilation and FFXIII. I would get it erased from my mind if I could.

Thankfully replaying FFX makes it all better.

Mirage
01-18-2016, 10:44 PM
I know the synopsis and I have no intention of ever listening to this literal piece of crap.