PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Concerts

Shiny
05-07-2014, 09:47 AM
What are some concerts you're thinking of seeing this year? There's so many -- oh my gosh.

Beyonce - Definitely want to see her, but don't want to see Jay Z again so I'll probably pass on this. Plus the only seats that are left are for a concert in Baltimore. I've seen The Wire. Thanks, but no thanks (most likely).

Arcade Fire - They're playing pretty close, but I only like a few of their songs. The tickets are cheap and available enough for me to want to go. They even have some spots close to the stage available.

Linkin Park /30 Seconds to Mars - I have friends who see them every year, so I'm going with them. I liked some stuff off of their recent album release which I believe was last year, but hate everything new they've released this year. I don't like 30 Seconds to Mars. So it's a 50/50 if I'll actually enjoy this.

M.I.A. - Love her, but why does she have to be touring with ASAP Ferg?! Seriously, another 50/50 that I will go to this one.

Bruno Mars - I might check this out since I get a huge discount at Madison Square Garden. I think his song are catchy and he seems like a good performer. Not a huge fan though.

Pharrell Wiliams - I love Pharrell and a lot of his more underrated work. I hate the Happy song though. smurf off with that. Getting tickets to these for the same reason above -- huge ass discount. Perks of working for MSG. I believe he's billed with Bruno.

Phantogram - Yeah, been obsessing over them for a few weeks now. Might have to check them out, but it's sort of sold out around here. They're in NY a lot so the opportunity could arise again in the Fall.

Jinx
05-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Denmark and I were going to see Arcade Fire, but we just weren't able to. We had tickets, but we moved right before the concert and didn't have the money to travel back.

We plan on seeing MS MR and Gogol Bordello. Tori Amos is playing in Boston on my birthday and I REALLY want to go to that.

Shorty
05-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Neko Case and The Dodos are touring together. I'd see either of them, but probably won't make the effort.

Echo & the Bunnymen and Panic! at the Disco are touring later this year. I'd like to see Echo and the Bunnymen for the first time. I've seen Panic! before, but they put on a smurfing brilliant show and I would love to see them again.

Conor Oberst is touring later this year and I've love to see him for the first time. He tends to tour with some of my favorite artists and often features Jenny Lewis as a back-up singer.

I'd really like to see Arcade Fire and Alkaline Trio and I reallllllllllllllllllllly want to see Brand New but they're coming to Portland at the end of August and I have no idea where I'll be at the end of August and will likely not see them or any of the shows I've mentioned. I've seen Alkaline Trio four times and Arcade Fire once and could do okay without seeing them again. But I've been a fan of Brand New for twelve years and it's smurfing time, goddamnit :(