PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Aulayna
05-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Are a thing.

ywGSON9tNq0

SMAC2 and R/S remakes in the same month!? I think I'm a bit moist.

Pike
05-07-2014, 03:27 PM
I just saw this! :eek:

(I never did beat Emerald :( Sorry thirdgenners)

Skyblade
05-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I just saw this! :eek:

(I never did beat Emerald :( Sorry thirdgenners)

I never beat any of the Gen III games, unless you count Gale of Darkness (which was totally frelling awesome). Gen III just really felt "off" to me. I'll probably give these a try, but I'm not sure how much longer the Pokémon series is going to keep a hold of me. There are so many massive design problems that keep getting carried over instead of being fixed.

Also, why does it say "New Adventure" and "New World" if they're remakes?

Finally, where the heck are Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa?

Nicolas
05-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Third Gen was the slowest and most boring for me. Hopefully they'll have the improvements from the newest gen and some more on top of that. One can only dream though.

Del Murder
05-07-2014, 04:15 PM
X/Y was enough Pokemon for me for a while. I agree with others that this was probably the weakest generation. My hope is that it links up with the X/Y GTS so that I can more easily complete my Y pokedex someday.

Aulayna
05-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I think Emerald was the one I sunk the most time into out of any of them, although that was in part due to the Pokémon Colisseum connectivity and getting a free copy of Pokémon Box from the Nintendo Stars catalogue.

Dat Matt
05-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Completely the opposite for me, Gen 3 is my favourite. It was the period where I was an early teen so I had lots of time to sink into games. Pokemon Ruby was one of my go to games so I am glad to finally see them remade.

That being said, I am less hyped for them that I was for X/Y. Perhaps I am drained on Pokemon just now as a result of the large amount of time I put into X to catch them all.

Fynn
05-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah, not really excited about this one. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the hell out of this game when I was a kid, but it always struck me as weaker than Gold and Silver. Sure, they added a ton of nice stuff that would become series staples, but removed some mechanics which made the previous gen awesome (day/night cycle) to the point that it borders on sinful. Wonder if that mechanic will return. Also, do you think we'll get customizable trainers again?

Ayen
05-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Ruby/Sapphire were the last Pokemon games I played, just didn't care to invest much time into them. This doesn't surprise me, though. We already got remakes for Gen I and Gen II. It was only a matter of time before they remade Gen III.

Fynn
05-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Oh my God.

I just remembered there were thousands of these "Hoenn confirmed memes" around the web.

Oh boy, the mutation that is coming up.

I can't breathe.

Case in point:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8177098496/hC03AA5EF/

Dat Matt
05-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Heh, I enjoy seeing the content that people can make in relation to pokemon. Twitch plays pokemon went mental with the stories and artwork around thier game. I wonder what will come about of the actual announcement of the game.

On that note, new game, new mega evolutions?

Who do you think is going to get mega evolutions here? Mega Swampert perhaps?

Jinx
05-07-2014, 08:49 PM
HOENN CONFIRMED

Dat Matt
05-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Indeed. People are saying that "A dramatic new world" could relate to not honen.

Although that's dumb.

Yellow_Magic
05-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Secret base whooooo

Dat Matt
05-09-2014, 08:17 AM
I wonder if that will make a comeback. If it does it will probably be the street pass feature

Sephex
05-09-2014, 10:16 AM
I have a weird nostalgia for this gen. My sister was at the height of her Pokemon craze when she was playing Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald. I fondly remember her as a kid playing these games on the family TV through my Gamecube/Gameboy Player set up. I played a bit too, but this was the point in my life I just let my sister have a ball with these games. I really miss those times.

Dat Matt
05-09-2014, 11:32 PM
You should inform her of the remakes and get her round to play them in November. Family friendly advice there.

Del Murder
05-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Why has Nintendo not yet made the guaranteed money printing machine that would be 'Lightning Yellow'?

Agent Proto
05-11-2014, 07:10 AM
00DyEDmQ83s

SNEAK PEEK

Fynn
05-11-2014, 08:05 AM
00DyEDmQ83s

SNEAK PEEK

Meh

Aulayna
05-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Don't care what you cynics say, I'm super excited.

Fynn
05-11-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm just saying that sneak peek didn't have anything exciting in it. I wanted to see some real gameplay!

Aulayna
05-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Also I'm getting Alpha Sapphire, as I had Sapphire back in the day and I need Kyogre back in my life!

Dat Matt
05-11-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm just saying that sneak peek didn't have anything exciting in it. I wanted to see some real gameplay!

You can't really get hyped about this sneak peak. I can't determine if this is the reveal of the legendaries, or entering into battle or what. I would have liked a minute long trailer of them wandering around, getting into battle, fighting a Poochiena or something and then a snapshot of the legenaries. Then hypes would be had.

This... This doesn't say anything other than the fact that groudon and kyogre are in the games. Which we kinda knew already.

Aulayna
05-11-2014, 03:42 PM
There's more to come soon™ - hype is happening.

Jinx
05-11-2014, 03:43 PM
It's really bothering me that they keep listing Omega first and Alpha second. :|

WildRaubtier
05-11-2014, 03:46 PM
No, see, they're japanese, so you gotta read it right to left.

Fynn
05-11-2014, 05:42 PM
It's really bothering me that they keep listing Omega first and Alpha second. :|

Because stupid-ass ruby always gets listed first. Team sapphire for life!

WildRaubtier
05-11-2014, 06:29 PM
TEAM SAPPHIRE REPRESENTING

Depression Moon
05-11-2014, 10:22 PM
It's whatever to me. I beat Emerald for the first time last year and every Pokemon game I've touched feels the same to me. I'm not interested in it and I don't even own a 3DS anyway.

WildRaubtier
06-08-2014, 08:50 AM
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_leaks_for_July_2014_issue_revealed

New shiz:

Mega-Sceptile
Mega-Swampert
Mega-Diancie (lol)

Primordial Kyogre/Groudon

Endless
06-12-2014, 12:03 AM
GhBSCthYTLE

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Shitiest game names I've seen in a long time. xD

Yellow_Magic
06-12-2014, 04:12 PM
What's the deal with Mega Sableye? And why not Mega Spiritomb? :(

Newmani
06-12-2014, 04:36 PM
So Mega Sableye.... just has a giant gem. Sheesh, I'm not sure you could get any more unoriginal. At least it don't look like Mega Swampert. That poor thing is up there with the R/B sprites. :(

As for the games themselves, I think they might be the weakest link in the Pokemon franchise yet. Everything in them seems to contradict basic things. They have the box legendaries Kyogre and Groudon devolving, which makes very little sense as the two have been around for eons and legendaries never evolve, and they're bringing in mega evolutions... to Hoenn... nearly a decade before X and Y take place.... when it's specifically stated that mega evolution only takes place in Kalos, or at least has up until that point. This entire thing is a giant retcon. I could see the changes if it's not a remake but a sequel, but they specifically stated they're remakes.... and it creates more holes than a swiss cheese factory. Why are the protagonists different looking? Why does Maxie look weird? Why does everybody in Team Aqua suddenly have a tan? Why is devolution a thing and why does it apply to legendaries, who are known for not evolving at all? These games make my head hurt. :(

Skyblade
06-12-2014, 10:53 PM
What exactly are they going to change about Sableye? Changing his ability would pretty much ruin his usability, as his move set supports the harassment opportunity Prankster gives him. Are they just going to boost his stats? What an utter waste of a Mega slot.